Skills

MissxCleric - Sanctuary
MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Assassin
Hey hey,

I started a Sin and she's lvl 22 now, but I got a few questions about skills.
About attack skills, do I need to lvl Puncture Wound, Raving Slash, Deepsting and Knife Throw?
And about buffs and such, do I need to lvl Shadow Walk, Wolf Emblem and Focused Mind?
Some ppl say I do need to lvl them, some ppl say I need to wait till my Sin is higher lvl, so I'm a little confused now. ;p
And I saw I can learn 3 Passive skills at lvl 29. I know you have to lvl Dagger Devotion, but what does Awareness lvl do? I saw I can learn a Passive skill that increases it. And is the Passive skill that increases Stealth lvl very important?
Thanks alot!
Post edited by MissxCleric - Sanctuary on

Comments

• fatestayjedi
    fatestayjedi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Those passive awareness skills are meant for pvp.It's so you can spot higher level sins than you who are in stealth and so that other people who are higher lvl than you can't see you in stealth.Puncture wound is pretty useless when you're higher level,but i do see some potential in it in pvp.I'd say lvl your puncture till 8maybe,or when you have the Spark you won't be using puncture wound in pve anymore.Raving slash,Deepsting,Knife Throw imo don't level them.If you're gonna be seriously pvp'ing then you might consider leveling them for the damage increase.But even so level them when you're a really high lvl because you won't have enough spirit for other skills.

About the Shadow Walk you can level it gradually when you have leftover spirit since it decreases the mana drained while in stealth and if I'm right it also increases stealth lvl.But don't lvl it everytime you get the chance if you're not pvping.You won't be using much stealth in pve anyway.Wolf Emblem and Focused mind are also for pvp.There are some people who use them everytime they can while fighting mobs though.Imo there are other more important skills you'll need the spirit for other than those.
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I'm not really a PvP fan ;p I like PvE more.
    So off all buff skills I got so far, I don't need to lvl anything?
    And off all attack skills I got so far, I need to lvl Slipstream Strike and Puncture Wound a little?
    But why shouldn't I lvl Deepsting? I saw it brings target to sleep, isn't that useful? ;x
  • fatestayjedi
    edited December 2010
    I'm not really a PvP fan ;p I like PvE more.
    So off all buff skills I got so far, I don't need to lvl anything?
    And off all attack skills I got so far, I need to lvl Slipstream Strike and Puncture Wound a little?
    But why shouldn't I lvl Deepsting? I saw it brings target to sleep, isn't that useful? ;x

Yes for now don't level the buff skills.Slipstream Strike MAX IT!And stop leveling your puncture wound when you get the Spark at lvl30.If you have good daggers you'll just be Spark>auto attack on mobs and they'll die fast and you'll be spending little to no mana while grinding.

Also do you have an proffession?Try leveling Apothecary.And get Golden Herbs and Nectars to make Life Powder,it increases your regeneration rate so you won't need to use pots while grinding unless you're in trouble.

About the Deep Sting,there's a good combo if you're fighting tougher mobs just Puncture wound the mob and Deep Sting it,if they haven't changed it the bleed will dmg the mob while it's sleeping and you won't get attacked.I didn't lvl Deep Sting because i only use it to cancel mob/enemy's channels and the higher lvls's won't increase the sleep time,only damage.

If you don't want to just Spark>normal attack the mobs but use skills to kill them,then you might want to level up Deep Sting,but I'm not a fan of using skills to kill mobs,you can kill them just as fast if not faster by Sparking and normal attacking.
    edited January 2011
    If I put my mouse onto Deepsting, the sleep time is blue, so it will increase at higher lvls, right?
    And I don't like using too much skills, I think it's mana waste, so I'll probably use Spark Burst and normal attack then. :)
  • fatestayjedi
    edited January 2011
    If I put my mouse onto Deepsting, the sleep time is blue, so it will increase at higher lvls, right?
    And I don't like using too much skills, I think it's mana waste, so I'll probably use Spark Burst and normal attack then. :)

Even if the sleep time is blue it still doesn't increase the sleep time.A maxed Deep Sting will only increase the 'plus X physical damage' by 600 at lvl10 and increase the chance to put the target to sleep by 9,and that's from 86% to 95% at lvl10.
    edited January 2011
    Oh, okie, tyvm :)
    I think I'll use it to cancel enemy's skills then too. ^^
  • SaturnSin - Archosaur
    SaturnSin - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Very good idea probably...Those skills are very rare,good in pvp if you want to make your target sleep or not move or etc etc..??Those skills are very good keep up the good workb:victory
  • Cuteyshay - Dreamweaver
    Cuteyshay - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    my assassian is level 20 now and i still havent learned skills i was supposed to learn at level 10 i havent learned aany since and i dont know why can somebody help me please its driving me crazy. and i dont know how to change my spiritual cultivation either im still on aware of principles.
  • Werewolf - Harshlands
    Werewolf - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wow, following instructions the game gives you goes a long way. You talk to a guy in Tide City, he gives you a quest, you do the quest and get the next cultivation. It's NOT that difficult unless you're 9 or 10 years old maybe.