A plea from those who still love this game

Ruxal - Harshlands
Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Dear Developers

I am one of the players who really likes this game however for the last few weeks getting a barb to do instances has become an exercise in 2-4 hour patience, spamming teles and generally exhausting yourself before you even start the instance.

It is my belief that something must be done to make barbs more appealing to players. The introduction of assasins as well as your unwillingness to touch 5.0 aps has lead to instance squads like this:

!@lfs assassins only
!@lfs 4.0 aps or higher only

Many barbarians have been slighted by this especially when at 90+ bms can tank what was previously barb only instances. Sadly though they can due to good gear and a healthy dose of APS barbs are still the preferred tankers for those of us who appreciate the games class structure.

Please guys, this is a serious plea on behalf of many of the players in game, do something to make barbs want to play again wether it be nerfing aps, increasing the agro generation ability of their skills or doing something to reduce their repair cost do it before its too late. As it is right now it already seems like there are very very few barbs left and the ones that are have sin/bm alts because you pulled the rug from under their feet.

Rebalance the game please. Ignore those who are selfishy putting forward arguments only to ensure that their "investments" are not downgraded. A real gaming company cares about the quality of it product just as much as it does about its profit margin. Countless games before yours have proven that quality will pay off in the long run so please, stop ignoring what you know is right, help the barbs out. Give them a reason to play again.
Post edited by Ruxal - Harshlands on

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited January 2011

doing something to reduce their repair cost do it before its too late.

TBH the repair cost of tanking isn't that great ( probably not counting a Full RB ) ... Barb's only used to have a large bill's because it took 3 days to kill a boss b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Many barbarians have been slighted by this especially when at 90+ bms can tank what was previously barb only instances. Sadly though they can due to good gear and a healthy dose of APS barbs are still the preferred tankers for those of us who appreciate the games class structure.
    Start checking their appreciate to the game class structure *loading* . . . *negative*
    Please guys, this is a serious plea on behalf of many of the players in game, do something to make barbs want to play again wether it be nerfing aps, increasing the agro generation ability of their skills or doing something to reduce their repair cost do it before its too late. As it is right now it already seems like there are very very few barbs left and the ones that are have sin/bm alts because you pulled the rug from under their feet.
    Before it's too late check *loading* . . . *negative*
    Rebalance the game please. Ignore those who are selfishy putting forward arguments only to ensure that their "investments" are not downgraded. A real gaming company cares about the quality of it product just as much as it does about its profit margin. Countless games before yours have proven that quality will pay off in the long run so please, stop ignoring what you know is right, help the barbs out. Give them a reason to play again.
    A real gaming company check *loading* . . . *negative*

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I started a barb to try it..... it was pretty fun. I got to 15, then kept seeing my faction leader get stuck in long runs for this or that and end up with like 100k repair bills (he was close to 80 then). THAT is the main reason why barb was deleted. GIANT bills.... no thanks... Not to mentioned some people wont' take a barb without a charm. I dont' use charms. Neither does my guild leader but hey....

If Barbs repair bills were cut 50% to equal everyone's else's just about.. I might actually play one.
    edited January 2011
    Might going to make barbarian as one of the main if . . there a female version . . b:laughb:laugh
    And they have to help solving the aps x gear x tank problem . . o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThrasherXIII - Dreamweaver
    ThrasherXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am surprised at that high of a repair bill. I ran a low FC (I was one of two over 80), and I ended up pounding on one boss by myself (bishop boss) for about 100-200k of his life before my crab meat and charms just wouldn't cut it. We ended up finishing the half run, and I came out with a 65k repair bill. I think the BM, who hadn't repaired before the run, had a 100k-ish bill. So l really don't see barb repairs as all that high. It's more the skill costs, just like a cleric. Any skill that's worth maxing is beyond expensive.
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Most people like doing great damage, it takes special players who like healing and tanking, who like a function beyond just doing damage. However when you have a situation where a class is now capable of doing great damage and tanking as well then you undermine the class (barbs) that has lower dd potential and now has trouble maintaining agro.

I have heard of barb having to wear claws and even then they are still losing agro to bms and sins. With a decent cleric and bloodpaint and either sins or bms can easily take on most bosses with no need for a barb. My gripe though isn't so much with aps but with the lack of barbs playing the game. One response is to go get a bm tank then but in certain instances a bm tank just does not cut it unless they are very well geared. The game has lost its focus. If barbs are the games primary tank then make it so they can fulfill their purpose. How about just increasing their agro retention abilities. Mabey nerf the ability of certain classes to perma spark, but do something. Its rediculous how long it takes to find a barb.
  • Fresh_Aire - Dreamweaver
    Fresh_Aire - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You guys better hide before tweakz comes in and tries to explain how not OP Aps is....b:shocked
    Once I was a Werebeast named T/\nk.

Now the game is no longer fun. I'm retired.
    edited January 2011
    Most people like doing great damage, it takes special players who like healing and tanking, who like a function beyond just doing damage.

+ 1

Commonly happen to them :
    1. Dedicate skills build and equipment for squad while those DD and DPS before near high level likes to wear **** gear.
    2. Barbarian takes a long time to kill something on solo until mid level and can only watch other class kill swiftly.
    3. Trying to keep agroo but DPS and DD trying steal agroo then blame him when they died.
    4. Needed on near mid to near high level instance but forgotten on high lv.

It's like they become class just to help you reach high lv . . b:surrender
    Really need person with big heart, no regret, likes to help people bla bla . . b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I started a barb to try it..... it was pretty fun. I got to 15, then kept seeing my faction leader get stuck in long runs for this or that and end up with like 100k repair bills (he was close to 80 then). THAT is the main reason why barb was deleted. GIANT bills.... no thanks... Not to mentioned some people wont' take a barb without a charm. I dont' use charms. Neither does my guild leader but hey....

If Barbs repair bills were cut 50% to equal everyone's else's just about.. I might actually play one.

Repair bills depend in part on how long you go between repairs...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Hey look, it's Captain Obvious b:chuckle
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hey look, it's Captain Knowitallbutaskquestionsanyway
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    um what? was that supposed to be some kinda insult? or you just being retrded?
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Don't get mad b:sad
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am surprised at that high of a repair bill. I ran a low FC (I was one of two over 80), and I ended up pounding on one boss by myself (bishop boss) for about 100-200k of his life before my crab meat and charms just wouldn't cut it. We ended up finishing the half run, and I came out with a 65k repair bill. I think the BM, who hadn't repaired before the run, had a 100k-ish bill. So l really don't see barb repairs as all that high. It's more the skill costs, just like a cleric. Any skill that's worth maxing is beyond expensive.

I think this is why a well rounded team is necessary. A veno has skills in fox form that would make your tanking a bit easier, for example one to confuse the boss and mess up it's aim on you, then the amp. etc... a pet that helps you pound the hp out of the boss..

I really think each class has a specific purpose and it helps if everyone knows what they are. I often see people in the team letting the barb handle the boss on their own, and the cleric 'waiting' to heal (so they do not use up their MP).

Hate to say it but the soultion here is 'fixed teams'....

1-2 Groups of people you know - that know you and your PVE styles complement each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i have spent countless hours looking for a new free mmorpg to play. Guess what, they are all the same.
    5 step guide to every free mmorpg game out there.
    STEP 1: click on mob
    STEP2: kill mob
    STEP 3: pic up item(s)
    STEP 4: boost gear
    STEP 5: repeat step 1&2,sometimes step 3,occasionally step 4
    now i look at the guts of the game and PWI by far have the largest world,best graphics and by far the best custom character ever.
    eventually you will get board of any game and move on. for me PWI is as far as you are going to go on the scale of the game.
    if you level too fast, than end game comes too soon. if u level too slow, move on to the next game.
    pic an impossible goal than go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    People act like 4-5aps is so common that only they are running instances anymore. Barbs are no less useful now than wiz's were back in the day. Barbs have option to go 5aps. The rest of us don't need teles to get into squads.

5aps is about as useless in warsong as casters are in nirvana.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lmao. 5aps are worthless in warsoul?!? Let's see, who are the 5aps. . . Bms oh wait they can aoe with axes and switch back to fists on boss. Archers oh wait they have a bow. And I can kinda give you sins but they add bp and faster kills on mobs. So how are 5aps not as useful as casters in warsoul?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dear Developers

I am one of the players who really likes this game however for the last few weeks getting a barb to do instances has become an exercise in 2-4 hour patience, spamming teles and generally exhausting yourself before you even start the instance.

It is my belief that something must be done to make barbs more appealing to players. The introduction of assasins as well as your unwillingness to touch 5.0 aps has lead to instance squads like this:

!@lfs assassins only
    !@lfs 4.0 aps or higher only

That's awful strange because I have no problems at all getting a barb for my FF squads and I am constantly seeing squads having no issues getting one for rebirths either (for some reason people are doing more rebirths lately) .. once again people presume because they personally have an issue with something that this is somehow an infliction upon the game entirely. No, it's you. Stop whining and make some friends.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Most people like doing great damage, it takes special players who like healing and tanking, who like a function beyond just doing damage. However when you have a situation where a class is now capable of doing great damage and tanking as well then you undermine the class (barbs) that has lower dd potential and now has trouble maintaining agro.

I have heard of barb having to wear claws and even then they are still losing agro to bms and sins. With a decent cleric and bloodpaint and either sins or bms can easily take on most bosses with no need for a barb. My gripe though isn't so much with aps but with the lack of barbs playing the game. One response is to go get a bm tank then but in certain instances a bm tank just does not cut it unless they are very well geared. The game has lost its focus. If barbs are the games primary tank then make it so they can fulfill their purpose. How about just increasing their agro retention abilities. Mabey nerf the ability of certain classes to perma spark, but do something. Its rediculous how long it takes to find a barb.

agreed with the highlighted points............

but tbh there is barely anything PWE can do.i have barely seen a patch that was directly from PWE itself. they get all their patches from china. so your best bet is to learn to speak chinese then complain on their forum. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    tweakz wrote: »
    People act like 4-5aps is so common that only they are running instances anymore. Barbs are no less useful now than wiz's were back in the day. Barbs have option to go 5aps. The rest of us don't need teles to get into squads.

You miss my point. The barb population has dropped off significantly. 4/5 aps as well as the arrival of sins has a major role to play in that decline. 4/5 aps is not so common that every player has one but it is common enough that a lot of people are trying to get it. Many former barbs have switched to playing bm and sins because of the potential to have a character that can do high damage and still tank.

Sure a bm or sin will never have as much hp as a barb however when it comes to running instances with a good cleric and bloodpaint and 4 characters attacking at 4/5 aps you have little need for a barb.

Forget the whole aps argument for a bit and focus on what matters: THE BARB POPULATION IS IN SERIOUS DECLINE! Want Evidence:

Log on any server and watch wc for 2-3 hours what you will see is:

lf barb fc 80-90
    lf barb bh69
    lf barb bh51
    random comment
    lf barb and cleric ........insert instance
    lf barb
    lf barb
    lf barb

and this goes on all day.

I myself end up lf barb and killing teles sometimes for 3 hours straight lf barb and sometimes cleric. Once a squad starts you can be garaunteed that the first 3 slots to fill in are sins and some other dd e.g. psy or bm. Sometimes finding a bm is rough but not so bad, cleric is a little harder but not a 2 hr wait but barb, man you have a long wait on your hands and this is even when you have some in your faction and on your fl. Finding barbs is THE most difficult part of assembling any squad in an instance.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You guys better hide before tweakz comes in and tries to explain how not OP Aps is....b:shocked

He'll just tell us to reroll a veno and make it 0% channeling to compete with an unbroken 5.0 permaspark APS.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    He'll just tell us to reroll a veno and make it 0% channeling to compete with an unbroken 5.0 permaspark APS.
    Or how much better AOE damage venos are than BM's, psychics, archers, and wizards.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I think this is why a well rounded team is necessary. A veno has skills in fox form that would make your tanking a bit easier, for example one to confuse the boss and mess up it's aim on you, then the amp. etc... a pet that helps you pound the hp out of the boss..

I really think each class has a specific purpose and it helps if everyone knows what they are. I often see people in the team letting the barb handle the boss on their own, and the cleric 'waiting' to heal (so they do not use up their MP).

Hate to say it but the soultion here is 'fixed teams'....

1-2 Groups of people you know - that know you and your PVE styles complement each other.

Problem is that now with permaspark APS classes are making other classes totally irrelevent thus eliminating the need for 'fixed' teams therefore people are sidelining those other classes creating the situation the OP of the thread is concerned about.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Or how much better AOE damage venos are than BM's, psychics, archers, and wizards.

b:chuckle @Tweakz
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    That's awful strange because I have no problems at all getting a barb for my FF squads and I am constantly seeing squads having no issues getting one for rebirths either (for some reason people are doing more rebirths lately) .. once again people presume because they personally have an issue with something that this is somehow an infliction upon the game entirely. No, it's you. Stop whining and make some friends.
    actually i talked on world chat about how hard it is to get a barb........ and all the pms agreed with me b:chuckle

but yea people have been doing RB recently a lot more than in the past months
    You miss my point. The barb population has dropped off significantly. 4/5 aps as well as the arrival of sins has a major role to play in that decline. 4/5 aps is not so common that every player has one but it is common enough that a lot of people are trying to get it. Many former barbs have switched to playing bm and sins because of the potential to have a character that can do high damage and still tank.

Sure a bm or sin will never have as much hp as a barb however when it comes to running instances with a good cleric and bloodpaint and 4 characters attacking at 4/5 aps you have little need for a barb.

Forget the whole aps argument for a bit and focus on what matters: THE BARB POPULATION IS IN SERIOUS DECLINE! Want Evidence:

Log on any server and watch wc for 2-3 hours what you will see is:

lf barb fc 80-90
    lf barb bh69
    lf barb bh51
    random comment
    lf barb and cleric ........insert instance
    lf barb
    lf barb
    lf barb

and this goes on all day.

I myself end up lf barb and killing teles sometimes for 3 hours straight lf barb and sometimes cleric. Once a squad starts you can be garaunteed that the first 3 slots to fill in are sins and some other dd e.g. psy or bm. Sometimes finding a bm is rough but not so bad, cleric is a little harder but not a 2 hr wait but barb, man you have a long wait on your hands and this is even when you have some in your faction and on your fl. Finding barbs is THE most difficult part of assembling any squad in an instance.

+12

its hard to find barbs. maybe its different on PvE servers, but on Lost City its hard to find a 8x or 9x barb.

some say its cause they can always get into a frost squads and lvl really fast to 10x

but idk .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    (for some reason people are doing more rebirths lately)

Rebirth is fun, that's why.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Lmao. 5aps are worthless in warsoul?!? Let's see, who are the 5aps. . . Bms oh wait they can aoe with axes and switch back to fists on boss. Archers oh wait they have a bow. And I can kinda give you sins but they add bp and faster kills on mobs. So how are 5aps not as useful as casters in warsoul?

Who said worthless, and who said warsoul? who are you addressing?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For the sake of arguement:

A 4 or 5 aps BM will kill things faster on Warsong attacking one mob at a time compared to using AoE attacks.

A 4aps+ DD can tank the bosses with little to no effort. I've seen it done by an archer, a sin, and a Bm.

Barbs have always been hard to find. Before the introduction of APS, they were hard to get because they were always so busy doing other things. Now, after the introduction of APS, it's hard to find barbs because they're either on alts doing FF, BH, or Nirvana or they're in squads doings FF, BH, or Nirvana.

Before, barbs use to whine and complain about the repair costs that came with tanking, now they whine and complain because they can't keep agro.

A good barb will always be able to find a squad, if you can't find a squad for something, then you've probably messed up somewhere. People need to make themselves a desirable asset to the game instead of hoping something is changed somewhere to placate them.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    You cant find enough 8X barbs to run FC with? I have no trouble finding barbs myself.

*looks at your server* Oh, now I get it...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Who said worthless, and who said warsoul? who are you addressing?

http://thesaurus.com/browse/useless

You didn't say worthless, but you said something close.
    They're synonyms for eachother so...

Hope you enjoyed the english lessonb:cute

Oh and I don't know where he got Warsoul, probabally read your post too quickly and didn't see you said Warsong