Runtime error =[?

Options
Bobberto - Harshlands
Bobberto - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Support Desk
Hai all

when i start the client i got an error http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7278/catsfw.jpg
and the client auto closes ,,so i cant play..can any1 tell me what should i do?

btw..i uninstalled not working CN version of pwi and one working, yesterday.. u can see that the client is with 2x strange symbols so i thought that that may be the problem..2-3h after that i installed one other game of PWE and i had another runtime error but this time was when i click the launcher so i think its my comp?

dont tell me to send a ticket ...did it...and waiting 2nd day ..i cant wait more bc 2x/firework events end after 1day, and i need the dq points and to farm my tt gear so again if any1 know what i can do tell me plz =]!

Tnx! Merry X-mas :P!

EDIT: i just installed regystry booster and i have another runtime error like the other pwe game T_T...my father gonna kill me bc this is hes comp QQ
Post edited by Bobberto - Harshlands on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no idea what the problem is, but you have a very pretty desktop b:cute
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no idea what the problem is, but you have a very pretty desktop b:cute

well tnx ...used photo scape to pixelate it D:
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
    There is the install file for C++ Runtime '08. Assuming its become corrupt on your system, that will either replace or repair it. Otherwise, there may be a problem with your PW install or some file permissions somewhere.

That is the x86 (32 bit) install, if you have a 64 bit OS there will be a different install file you need to use.

---

Assuming that you didnt have it installed at all, be careful what you (Or your parent) uninstall from your system! As far as im aware, C++ Runtime is updated with windows usually, and im also pretty sure PW Will install its own minimum required version as it installs if it doesnt find it (Redistibutable allows this, hence most developers will ship (Offer for DL) their games with the files needed included). So it will have been there at some point.
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en
    There is the install file for C++ Runtime '08. Assuming its become corrupt on your system, that will either replace or repair it. Otherwise, there may be a problem with your PW install or some file permissions somewhere.

That is the x86 (32 bit) install, if you have a 64 bit OS there will be a different install file you need to use.

---

Assuming that you didnt have it installed at all, be careful what you (Or your parent) uninstall from your system! As far as im aware, C++ Runtime is updated with windows usually, and im also pretty sure PW Will install its own minimum required version as it installs if it doesnt find it (Redistibutable allows this, hence most developers will ship (Offer for DL) their games with the files needed included). So it will have been there at some point.

installed and i still have the same problem >< and i dont think its PW files bc that happen to few programs for image/video editing >< any other ideas?
    oh and i forgot i got this Win32/Olmarik trojan right before these runtime errors and its poping up and nod32 cant clean it i read that it mess with my comp files so maybe that Trojan is the reasn for all of this?
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    installed and i still have the same problem >< and i dont think its PW files bc that happen to few programs for image/video editing >< any other ideas?
    oh and i forgot i got this Win32/Olmarik trojan right before these runtime errors and its poping up and nod32 cant clean it i read that it mess with my comp files so maybe that Trojan is the reasn for all of this?

If you have a trojan you cant get rid of and then soon after get problems like this, its almost never a coincidence.

I suggest finding a memory stick and putting this onto it (Link not endorsed by PWE, use at your own risk etcetc.... Its on CNet. CNet is one of those places where you download fee stuff and you can be confident its not some virus.):
    http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?part=dl-85737&subj=dl&tag=button

When you load your PC up, tap F8 until it loads into Safe Mode / Asks if you wish to load Safe Mode. If you get a choice, youl want Safe Mode with Networking.

Install Avast, update and run it, making sure its a full scan including RootKits.

If it finds it (And or Anything else) It will give you options to fix, Delete, leave alone or move to chest (Vault? Im not sure, I run mine with a pirate talking Language pack on it :D), pick move to chest, as this action is easily undone if it picked up something that was not a virus.

Hopefully that will do it. Oh, dont uninstall Avast either.

If that doesnt work, try the steps listed here, but dont do them if you dont understand them. If theres 1 you dont understand, touch nothing. This link is obviously not endorsed by PWE or myself and any files / methods contained within are used at your own risk:
    http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-win32-olmarik.html

If you know someone who knows theyre way around computer, theyl be able to follow that in 30 seconds and hopefully nuke it :)

Oh also, it claims to be an antivirus by the looks of it. It isnt, I couldnt find trace of it anywhere real :/
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only time i've seen this error was when i tried to install the game on my ANCIENT laptop (with 120 ram) lmao..... How old is your pc? rofl
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only time i've seen this error was when i tried to install the game on my ANCIENT laptop (with 120 ram) lmao..... How old is your pc? rofl

oh umm..3 or 4 years o.o

still got the problem..didnt do annything what naivety said bc i dont have the files i need to delete and i cant dowload avast bc the comp isnt mine...
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sry for 2nd post but it doesnt let me to edit QQ

i veryfied and nothing heppened, reinstalled and now i cant update the game from v402 QQ tryed manual and auto
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You are allowed to install and uninstall games yet you cant install Avast?

b:surrender Your PC is dead then, if you arnt allowed to install a well known anti-virus, you cant run any of the other dignostic tools I had lined up for you.

Take it to a computer shop and they will fix it, although probably costing you a lot of money for *** all work.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    um he said he can't uninstall things cause the files arent' there..... he said he can't INSTALL Avast cause it's NOT HIS PC. And btw when the Add/Remove program files in the Control panel can't uninstall something.. usually means u removed the folder yourself and it cant' find the uninstall..... in which case you just remove it from the list (and cleanup your registry, and so far the ONLY program i found that didn't cause a crapload of errors doing THAT was CCleaner). Although probably in this case the virus screwed the files up... or removed em

And.... easiest way to fix a virus you cant' get rid of....... WIPE THE HARD DRIVE, resinstall windows. case solved. Just be sure to connect a portable Hard drive first and back up any pictures or documents or **** your father would want to hang on to.

By the way if you HAVE to take it to a shop.... COMPUSA is a pretty fair price and BOTH the ones by me have people that know what they're doing... Dont' go to best Buy... they tend to hire idiots. And charge ALOT more
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    um he said he can't uninstall things cause the files arent' there..... he said he can't INSTALL Avast cause it's NOT HIS PC. And btw when the Add/Remove program files in the Control panel can't uninstall something.. usually means u removed the folder yourself and it cant' find the uninstall..... in which case you just remove it from the list (and cleanup your registry, and so far the ONLY program i found that didn't cause a crapload of errors doing THAT was CCleaner). Although probably in this case the virus screwed the files up... or removed em

And.... easiest way to fix a virus you cant' get rid of....... WIPE THE HARD DRIVE, resinstall windows. case solved. Just be sure to connect a portable Hard drive first and back up any pictures or documents or **** your father would want to hang on to.

By the way if you HAVE to take it to a shop.... COMPUSA is a pretty fair price and BOTH the ones by me have people that know what they're doing... Dont' go to best Buy... they tend to hire idiots. And charge ALOT more

I get the vague feeling that was meant to be a smart-**** rebuke against me.

It didnt work, everything I said was relevent, so **** off.

Added note : Wipe the hard drive? Of a PC that isnt his? Yeah..... Smart plan.
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i didnt say i cant uninstall O.o

and i deleted the virus with nod idk why he couldnt be4 but now he did.. so i dont think i still need avast?

i use CCleaner tryed regystry clean with it but there were only 12 files

after that tryed with Wise Registry Cleaner and i had much much more..i fixed them but still that doesnt help me ..

friend told me that the best thing for me to do is to install win7 but i cant .. and this error cant be fixed if im with XP (hope his not right)
  • Bulleteye - Raging Tide
    Bulleteye - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What windows are you using?

32-Bit or 64-Bit?

What is your computer rating, if you have windows 7 or Vista.

What is your installed memory (RAM)? and tell me what kind of grapich card you got...

Remember your computer need to have the requirements PWI need to have check that here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Remember to read this:

Antivirus/Firewall/Security Software Notice: If you have problems downloading, installing, patching or running the game, please see the support website for your software about how to add files exceptions for our game. If you have issues with any Norton programs, please disable Sonar or go here. If you have issues with other security programs, check out our info on our FAQ here.

If you keep getting the error try to repair the program. So it can get the messing files. It happened to me once, but it got fixed after I ran a "Repair"
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What windows are you using?

32-Bit or 64-Bit?

What is your computer rating, if you have windows 7 or Vista.

What is your installed memory (RAM)? and tell me what kind of grapich card you got...

Remember your computer need to have the requirements PWI need to have check that here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Remember to read this:

Antivirus/Firewall/Security Software Notice: If you have problems downloading, installing, patching or running the game, please see the support website for your software about how to add files exceptions for our game. If you have issues with any Norton programs, please disable Sonar or go here. If you have issues with other security programs, check out our info on our FAQ here.

If you keep getting the error try to repair the program. So it can get the messing files. It happened to me once, but it got fixed after I ran a "Repair"

i never had problems with the requirements

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/cats12j.jpg/
  • Bulleteye - Raging Tide
    Bulleteye - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Or it could be one of the problems that could make it to give you "Runtime error" You haven't got a pop up saying "Repair" ? Or something? That can fix it 100% because I had same error once. It will download those files that are messing and refresh the client I guess. If it dosen't pop up, then I can't help you my friend b:surrender
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Let me move this into Technical Support...they may be able to help you out there.

Moved.
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Or it could be one of the problems that could make it to give you "Runtime error" You haven't got a pop up saying "Repair" ? Or something? That can fix it 100% because I had same error once. It will download those files that are messing and refresh the client I guess. If it dosen't pop up, then I can't help you my friend b:surrender

never had an repait pop up
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I get the vague feeling that was meant to be a smart-**** rebuke against me.

It didnt work, everything I said was relevent, so **** off.

Added note : Wipe the hard drive? Of a PC that isnt his? Yeah..... Smart plan.

No moron that wasn't vague at all. You're telling him his pc's dead cause he cant' install Avast but he can install and uninstall games..... LEARN TO READ. Like i said in my last post he said he can't install AVAST cause it's his DAD's PC. And no, wiping the hard drive is actually a very good plan. AS LONG AS HE BACKUPS THE DATA FIRST (with his dad there to tell him what to save... d'oh@!!) He can spend a week or two trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the PC or trying to get rid of the virus, or he can spend an hour formatting it and starting over. Day or two max to get things back up (depends how much he has to reinstall).

And of course CCleaner didn't help you. It's just a clean up program, not a "fix your screwed up PC program". I just re-read all this again.... first off Naievty when you told him to put Avast on a memory stick.... i think you meant a Flash drive (not RAM).

anyway.... like i said i just re-read all this. Really sounds like you got one hell of a virus that completey fracked half your files Since this is happening with more then PW. do you live with your dad? Is there some reason you can't tell him what's happening and you need to INSTALL anti-virus on the pc? You obviously dont' have any, or a good one at least. Avast is free.. and pretty good I have it on the other PC in my house. But if you want to, you can try the one I've been using a long time. 100 bucks per PC (one time fee it's for life) to install it on but it's never missed ANYTHING. And comes with alot more then anti-virus. It's Eacceleration's STOPSIGN. And if the program can't kill something it finds, contact them they'll make a program to kill the virus.

Anyway.... back to what I was saying.. I've re-read all this and ya if this was a virus that totally screwed up your system's files... only two things to do. If you can somehow get rid of the entire virus maybe you can use System Restore to put the pc back to BEFORE the virus. And if a program cant' kill the virus you'd have to find the files yourself, not to mention removing the entries from the registry as some viruses can be REINSTALLLED from a registry command. Now you COULD take the pc to COMPUSA or somewhere maybe they can fidn and kill the virus.... Either that or.... wipe the Hard drive. And yes I have a clue what i'm talking about NAIEVTY, before you chime in. I built this PC I'm on , not to mention before I got Stopsign i was dealing with Norton and got quite a few viruses many of which were installed just going to the wiki site for another game i play (people sometimes **** in and put a virus into the ads that auto download)..... one of which i had to remove manually ... Quite a few forced me to wipe the drive clean.
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No moron that wasn't vague at all. You're telling him his pc's dead cause he cant' install Avast but he can install and uninstall games..... LEARN TO READ. Like i said in my last post he said he can't install AVAST cause it's his DAD's PC. And no, wiping the hard drive is actually a very good plan. AS LONG AS HE BACKUPS THE DATA FIRST (with his dad there to tell him what to save... d'oh@!!) He can spend a week or two trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the PC or trying to get rid of the virus, or he can spend an hour formatting it and starting over. Day or two max to get things back up (depends how much he has to reinstall).

And of course CCleaner didn't help you. It's just a clean up program, not a "fix your screwed up PC program". I just re-read all this again.... first off Naievty when you told him to put Avast on a memory stick.... i think you meant a Flash drive (not RAM).

anyway.... like i said i just re-read all this. Really sounds like you got one hell of a virus that completey fracked half your files Since this is happening with more then PW. do you live with your dad? Is there some reason you can't tell him what's happening and you need to INSTALL anti-virus on the pc? You obviously dont' have any, or a good one at least. Avast is free.. and pretty good I have it on the other PC in my house. But if you want to, you can try the one I've been using a long time. 100 bucks per PC (one time fee it's for life) to install it on but it's never missed ANYTHING. And comes with alot more then anti-virus. It's Eacceleration's STOPSIGN. And if the program can't kill something it finds, contact them they'll make a program to kill the virus.

Anyway.... back to what I was saying.. I've re-read all this and ya if this was a virus that totally screwed up your system's files... only two things to do. If you can somehow get rid of the entire virus maybe you can use System Restore to put the pc back to BEFORE the virus. And if a program cant' kill the virus you'd have to find the files yourself, not to mention removing the entries from the registry as some viruses can be REINSTALLLED from a registry command. Now you COULD take the pc to COMPUSA or somewhere maybe they can fidn and kill the virus.... Either that or.... wipe the Hard drive. And yes I have a clue what i'm talking about NAIEVTY, before you chime in. I built this PC I'm on , not to mention before I got Stopsign i was dealing with Norton and got quite a few viruses many of which were installed just going to the wiki site for another game i play (people sometimes **** in and put a virus into the ads that auto download)..... one of which i had to remove manually ... Quite a few forced me to wipe the drive clean.

i told u we removed the virus..im 10515610115914046941% sure that we did....i dont want to install avast bc we bought the prog we use now...and he dont care that most of the programs i use and games are fked -.- bc hes work perfectly ... when i get my laptop back i never ever gonna use his comp again but idk when that will be so im asking if any1 can help me.. Naivety tought that this could help me, he tryed and im happy that he/she did (since GMs dont even try -.-...) so plz dont insult him ...
  • Elemental$$$ - Raging Tide
    Elemental$$$ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    first of all calm down dude.... some Trojan's/viruses allow more of them/coppy them selves so thats why the problem may be persisting
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think OP might mean he has ESET NOD32 installed, which is a stellar anti-virus system. You should recommend to your dad to have both anti-virus and anti-spyware software on his machine. As for your Visual C++ runtime error, it looks like you might want to do a registry repair since some keys were probably damaged. Look out for a good (free?) Windows registry repair software.
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think OP might mean he has ESET NOD32 installed, which is a stellar anti-virus system. You should recommend to your dad to have both anti-virus and anti-spyware software on his machine. As for your Visual C++ runtime error, it looks like you might want to do a registry repair since some keys were probably damaged. Look out for a good (free?) Windows registry repair software.

2 antivirus programs on one comp? i dont think that this is a a good idea

Isnt Wise Registry Cleaner a windows regystry repair software? or i should try smt else? =/
  • Elemental$$$ - Raging Tide
    Elemental$$$ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    2 antivirus programs on one comp? i dont think that this is a a good idea

Isnt Wise Registry Cleaner a windows regystry repair software? or i should try smt else? =/

there is a difference between antivirus and anti-spyware. but you are right 2 anti vurus programs will conflict with each other
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    there is a difference between antivirus and anti-spyware. but you are right 2 anti vurus programs will conflict with each other

do i have to reinstall the game after using the repair software ?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Bobberto - Harshlands
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

umm i did... before like 9 days? they made me to wait 5 days to tell to attach the Dxdiag (and i think that if i didnt pm frankie i would still wait for that lol -.-)...4 days ago i attached it and there isnt a reply...Ticket 15049-158572 if u wanna know...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Tech support has been on holiday since last Thursday night, we will be in the office tomorrow! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera