advice on 2 good classes to start off as a duo

jljck
jljck Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
as the title said, my gf and i are looking to start this game, and i'd like some suggestions on 2 classes for us to start with that would allow us to level easily and do any quest. so far we are interested in making a cleric and an archer
Post edited by jljck on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Cleric and archer isn't too bad. I think cleric and bm would be best, but you wouldn't be able to play together for the first 20 or so levels. But... level 20 is easy to get to, so :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    barb/cleric, bm/cleric

veno/mystic should work after the new expansion too i guess
  • jljck
    jljck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thanks for the suggestions so far. approx. how many hours would it take to get to level 20?
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    jljck wrote: »
    thanks for the suggestions so far. approx. how many hours would it take to get to level 20?

Depends really on which classes you start off with, and whether or not you consider buying low level pots to spam while questing or you opt for just restoring your mana and hp by meditating.

When you first start off it gets a little getting use to, finding out where all the quests are, etc so I'd say it'll take you a day or two, maybe three to get to level 20 playing semi-leisurely, although you can get to level 20 in under 10 hours of play time. If you're squading with your gf the exp you get from mobs will also be shared so you might not level as fast compared to solo, but the bulk of your exp comes from turning in quests anyway in those levels.

Technically if you want to "cheat" any high level get leech both of you to level 20 in less than 10 min b:laugh
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    barb/cleric, bm/cleric

veno/mystic should work after the new expansion too i guess

I should say Barb with Cleric too.
    As you can see I'm a Cleric and I've been married to a Barb and when you're married, you can do Marriage Quests that sometimes allow you to kill bosses and it's really easy as Cleric with Barb, since Barbs have alot of HP. ^^
    Though BM, Sin or Archer with Cleric is possible too, since they are DDs and kill mobs or bosses very fast. Sins and Archers don't have much HP though.
  • DemonicLight - Dreamweaver
    DemonicLight - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    jljck wrote: »
    as the title said, my gf and i are looking to start this game, and i'd like some suggestions on 2 classes for us to start with that would allow us to level easily and do any quest. so far we are interested in making a cleric and an archer

Cleric and Archer are probably best to start with.If you are playing on different PC's at the same time on the same server, then you are awsome.You can do same quests at same time, and since archer can tank, and cleric can buff, it makes them perfect team.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and since archer can tank, and cleric can buff, it makes them perfect team.

They changed the Archer into a tank? When did that happen?
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    They changed the Archer into a tank? When did that happen?

Level 59 Archers can tank anything, duh! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    5 aps archers + Cleric with BB can tank almost anything. Boss will be dead before archer's HP gets critical.

Tho its an end game combo. It may be good BM/Barb + cleric combo for all around quests/instances.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]