Will Rubberbanding EVERY be truly fixed?

Bearleeable - Lost City
Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Rubber banding is probably IMHO the biggest bug we have right now.
It effects everything we do. Even trying to fly away from a mob can be hazardous to your health. Hell the other day I was in burning heart jumped onto a rock and about 10 seconds later was back to where I first jumped from, which was like 30meters away!
There seems to be no predicting it, except when landing. U land, you will rubber band 90% of the time, maybe even more.

i know "I" would love a OFFICIAL statment of when this will be fixed. SURELY before the expansion. WE dont' need more bugs when the longest standing bug in pwi history is still around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Bearleeable - Lost City on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No.It will never be fixed as long as it doesn't happen to much.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    actually make me wonder why it's not a thing the devs bother to fix..
    cos it affect the game so much..

In tw i get this so much more thats its not even funny. i try avoid to fly in there, simply because if i land 99% of the time i have to fly up a it and try land again.. during that time i get easyly picked on by some DD or nix and dies.

stun + rubberbanding is b:angryb:angry
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The answer of your question is here

As in, there will never be an answer to your question. If the people running this game actually ever decided to take the time to give a damn about it's players, the answer would be simple:
    "We are too busy coming up with more ways to utilize the boutique to make money, so we will not be fixing the rubberbanding issue ever. Also, the rubberbanding issue is due to a problem with each and every player's computer, so there is nothing we could do about it even if we felt like it"
    As I have said in the past, I love this game, but I hate the way it is run. Poor management and fake customer service is ruining an amazing game.
    Now to sit back and see how fast this thread is locked.

EDIT: Anyone know how to post images? I tried the [img][/img] tags, but they still only show the url.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It's very funny how old was these case and the actual cause make it more funny . .
    I have seen some other new Chinese mmorpg and lots of them has decent jump animation and even with very huge tall fortress where we can walk inside it stairs or jump on it's roofs, there nothing like rubber band, random left over data, or bugged skills or instance. Most of it even still on OB . .

Guess Perfect World is just already too old and they more busy making new changes, feature, interface, or little things to make it match new type of mmorpg that more optimized both on graphic, mechanic, and game size. Especially because many new mmorpg now ignoring asia (expect Korea and China where the first version located) and goes straight to US / EU . . (i am sad because can't play most of it and can't really read Chinese or have Korea mmo passport)

PW huge game size is because of model file (customization) . . which why it's not so optimized on other things.

Hm . . i am now try to avoid flying as much as i can if not traveling so far away . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hard to tell. They said that the problem was fixed in Raging Tide's, but it still occurs to me, just not as often.
    I honestly think it wont ever be fixed though. It took them a year and a half to even know about it.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No.

[/thread]
    edited January 2011

EDIT: Anyone know how to post images? I tried the [img][/img] tags, but they still only show the url.

they disable it and only availabe on screenshot & video forum section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    It will be fixed "in the future".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Anything that doesnt hurt profits will not be a priority. kthxbye
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    We must learn to accept rubberbanding our friend. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wonder when rubberbanding will be dealt with in the same fashion as other glitches they wont fix (You have been caught rubberbanding, this should not happen, you are banned!) Gouf with an air pet anyone? b:chuckle
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • magyarwarlord
    magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    its funny how the fake servers can easielly fix the rubber banding issues and PWI cant HMM tells how Smart the GM's really are when the game can be copied and fix the problems that PWI cant.

THIS game gets more about money and not about helping the customers until PWI realizes this they will never be on top.

YES GMS i said it you will never be on top cuz you dont think about the customers instead of money
  • lordxionv
    lordxionv Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Noobish question- Whats rubberbanding?
  • Mania - Lost City
    Mania - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lordxionv wrote: »

When you run/fly and then are continuously pinged back (like a rubber band) To a certain location and no matter what you do or how fast you run you will be pinged back to one location continuously
    edited January 2011
    lordxionv wrote: »

It was when you going to touch the land after jumping, flying, falling or moving in high speed
    after some seconds you will always return to the original landing position b:laugh
    the way to fix it is by flying, re log, return to save point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2011
    contrary to all the people slandering something they don't understand: yes. however, the protoype that's causing it is just that - a prototype. it's in a testing phase and will gradually improve in performance.

the chinese developers have been working on it since the original release.

unfortunately, they like to test in the 'actual' game, instead of in a test server. i don't know the plan or gain behind it.
  • Phrilly - Sanctuary
    Phrilly - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    prof wrote: »
    unfortunately, they like to test in the 'actual' game, instead of in a test server. i don't know the plan or gain behind it.

There is actually some validity to testing in the actual game rather than on a test server, as test servers almost by definition cannot reproduce many of the conditions that cause problems like rubberbanding, random DCs, some graphics problems, etc. The reason that most software companies DON'T test patches on production machines is that the customer service nightmare that could result is too great a cost to swallow. It's a bit like why the PharmCo's do most of their live testing on animals, and only the final stages are on human test subjects.

PW apparently has a different view of customers.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    actually make me wonder why it's not a thing the devs bother to fix..

cant expect alot from chinease people,being a comunist country and all ijsb:laugh
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Nope, uninstall.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No. Why do you think the GM's don't respond to this issue? Because they are completely aware of it and they know that the devs have absolutely no intention of fixing it because there is no money to be made from it. They'd rather sit around and think of new packs to sell to the ignorant people.

Game is dead.
  • Agatio - Harshlands
    Agatio - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    its funny how the fake servers can easielly fix the rubber banding issues and PWI cant HMM tells how Smart the GM's really are when the game can be copied and fix the problems that PWI cant.
    Because this issue came to PW with genie patch as far i remember and the PW versions on fake servers are older than that, so they dont have this problem.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    b:faintb:irritatedim doing my adventure quests and i get stuck in rubberband so much.First thing comes to my mind is omgwtf every f%#@!* stop
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Keep waiting my fellow, keep waiting u cazn try w0w ^^!
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No. Why do you think the GM's don't respond to this issue? Because they are completely aware of it and they know that the devs have absolutely no intention of fixing it because there is no money to be made from it. They'd rather sit around and think of new packs to sell to the ignorant people.

Game is dead.

I just love how everyone assumes this. Most of the people who assume this have also gotten many things in game that wouldn't exist (or be nearly impossible to get) without packs. Try making a lunar cape from the actual mats and see how long it takes you. (Just an example, don't flame me cause you know someone who did or whatever)

Jusy saying, I personally don't think PWI is a money hungry company who doesn't care about game issues. But obviously my opinion is outweighed by all the negative ones... >.>

EDIT: Rubberbanding in TW has gotten me killed so many times. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Game is dead.

This. You know damn well they were/are aware or rubberbanding when everyone is posting it all over there forums. They simply havent acknowledged becuase either they cant fix it, or it will cost a ton of money to fix. Keep waiting for a response but i wouldnt hold my breath. Sure they made thread about it to look busy, now how about a response. PWI is sorta shady imo, tons of sales every week. But no new content. No bug fixes. Im disapointed to be honest, They accept our money sure, but we dont get a quality game in return?

EDIT I dont even see the thread anymore i thought it was stickied lol...
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    From my point of view:

They introduced rubberbanding deliberately, to prevent jump **** cheats.

They have issued a statement that they would try to tune the anti-**** code to support various video cards, but the process of giving them adequate information to support that tuning is overwhelming.

They could do a much better job of detecting when the rubberbanding gets used, and the circumstances, but they apparently are also overwhelmed by that and apparently they are reluctant to use statistical methods to get on top of the isssue.

(This is based on announcements I have read and on my own personal experience.)
    edited January 2011
    I think it would be fixed on month x year 20xx b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Its effin ridiculous.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Oh ya, inb4anti-rubberbandingCSitem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Rubber banding was added by pwi as a fix to people using speed hacks. They will never fix it.