Ways to Earn Money

MrBladey - Lost City
MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are any good ways to earn money as a 9x BM. I used to make my money aoe grinding, but I out leveled the spot and the new one is terrible. Any suggestions? No cash shopping/merchanting suggestions please. Thanks!
For honor...
For glory...
FOR E-PEEN!
Post edited by MrBladey - Lost City on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Farming ftw, at least something soloable b:chuckle but it involves merchanting, if u get ppl can do TT`s, that`s prolly it.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Make a cleric -> solo squad TTs.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Download the full freaking image to get a bigger map.

http://baaddogx2.deviantart.com/#/d31cub3

Here's a map of grinding areas from the post TB expansion. They don't actually include the TB areas though.
    All the dots represent lvl 1 mats. This was back in the day when people farmed.

The yellow areas are level 30-40 grinding spots.
    The green areas are lvl 40-50
    The purple are 50-60
    The LIGHT BLUE are 60-70
    The really weird red and orange areas are 70-80
    The pink color is 80-90 (This doesn't include TT or other instances)
    The DARK BLUE (not to include TT heaven, hell, or Nirvana) are the 90-100 areas.

The End.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Here's a map of grinding areas from the post TB expansion. They don't actually include the TB areas though.

The purple are 50-60
    The LIGHT BLUE are 60-70
    The DARK BLUE (not to include TT heaven, hell, or Nirvana) are the 90-100 areas.

The End.

so u are using more colours in your posts now... interesting b:avoid.

@OP: u are a bm, get some -int, farm TT.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    so u are using more colours in your posts now... interesting b:avoid.

@OP: u are a bm, get some -int, farm TT.

Now see, you annoying little fishie, you don't have to ~edited~ with my color scheme now do you?
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Guys and girls, please calm down it's New Year b:shy
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    -.- Oh, who turned off the fun?
    edited December 2010

The purple are 50-60
    The LIGHT BLUE are 60-70

The End.
    Now see, you annoying little fishie, you don't have to ~edited~ with my color scheme now do you?

fixed D:

it's not 2011 here grim :p
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @Thanos, I think he needs to farm coin to afford the -int gears so that he can spam TT and eventually Nirvana.

now, theres several different options here.
    1. hyper your way to 100 and do your BH's daily. They pay decent coin and other rewards (sometimes 2x ecstasy cards = 2 million coins)

2. forget about leveling, and live in TT. sell everything you get that you dont need.. or just sell everything

3. if you just cant seem to get a TT squad or an FC squad for some odd reason.. do your chrono quest chain and unlock map3. Solo aoe grind there. Income isn't outrageously awesome by any means, but a far cry better than any of the other spots listed on the map linked above. Personally as barb I solo in there and (during 2x) I netted about 620k worth of dq items, coins, pots, **** gear, etc in just a little over 1 hour (that figure is after paying repairs of 110k).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
    edited December 2010
    3. if you just cant seem to get a TT squad or an FC squad for some odd reason.. do your chrono quest chain and unlock map3. Solo aoe grind there. Income isn't outrageously awesome by any means, but a far cry better than any of the other spots listed on the map linked above. Personally as barb I solo in there and (during 2x) I netted about 620k worth of dq items, coins, pots, **** gear, etc in just a little over 1 hour (that figure is after paying repairs of 110k).

i think that the lvl96 spiders are better: they drop more dq (which can be easily sold for 2x/3x the npc price). not sure if the cards are easy to sell.
    also the repair costs would be low. (wow 110k repairs in 1h? i only get 10k xd)

now if i could sell the card for ~200k it might be more profitable.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    fixed D:

*TACKLES*

DAMNIT THANOS I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO QUIT WITH THE MESSING OF THE COLORS! I'm going to STRANGLE YOU!

D: Sorry Grim, it's still December 31st here.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    i think that the lvl96 spiders are better: they drop more dq (which can be easily sold for 2x/3x the npc price). not sure if the cards are easy to sell.
    also the repair costs would be low. (wow 110k repairs in 1h? i only get 10k xd)

now if i could sell the card for ~200k it might be more profitable.

ive sold some cards for 75k before. takes 8 of a set to summon a boss, generally get about 16 whatever material drops from the boss (sell at 100k minimum each) = on the buyers end profitable. OR.. go grind a few icewind assassins to get cards 5-8. Summon the boss yourself and bank 1.6 mil minimum.

true spiders drop decent. but non interval barbs and bms don't readily have a permaspark or shadow escape to keep purified of poison, nor do we have BP readily available to keep us healed without pots. So for that case, HP maintenance costs go up. Add to that the fact that spiders aren't as easily aoe'd for a higher kill rate. I personally find that I bank more soloing map 3 than i do spiders. Your case may be different seeing as how you can just kill them in 2 seconds and teleport to the next - rinse repeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Spiders are better to grind for arcanes or archers since the range, personally i grinded at nivastock shieldbearers, they drop nicely and are way below my lvl.
    edited December 2010
    *TACKLES*
    DAMNIT THANOS I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO QUIT WITH THE MESSING OF THE COLORS! I'm going to STRANGLE YOU!

D: Sorry Grim, it's still December 31st here.

ok ok i wont.b:scorn happy? b:mischievous
    ive sold some cards for 75k before. takes 8 of a set to summon a boss, generally get about 16 whatever material drops from the boss (sell at 100k minimum each) = on the buyers end profitable. OR.. go grind a few icewind assassins to get cards 5-8. Summon the boss yourself and bank 1.6 mil minimum.

true spiders drop decent. but non interval barbs and bms don't readily have a permaspark or shadow escape to keep purified of poison, nor do we have BP readily available to keep us healed without pots. So for that case, HP maintenance costs go up. Add to that the fact that spiders aren't as easily aoe'd for a higher kill rate. I personally find that I bank more soloing map 3 than i do spiders. Your case may be different seeing as how you can just kill them in 2 seconds and teleport to the next - rinse repeat.

btw i'm a psy XD
    so i cant really summon the boss myself.
    but yeah, depends on the class. bms have magic marrow and diamond sutra though.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    ^oops. havent gotten the fish avatars figured out yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    He's a BM, he needs physical-only mobs. I'd gladly share my own but... so far I haven't found any decent 90+ phys only mobs.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah as som1 else already said,the nivastock shieldbearers are good enough,also directly east and a bit north along that river theres some small village with banker,just outside of it is a large crater with these ant thing mobs,about 16 of them pretty close to each other melee only,lvl 94 or something...

I'm sure someone else could be more specific with that,i suck at remembering names and locations ingame =/
  • Venomincer - Sanctuary
    Venomincer - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah as som1 else already said,the nivastock shieldbearers are good enough,also directly east and a bit north along that river theres some small village with banker,just outside of it is a large crater with these ant thing mobs,about 16 of them pretty close to each other melee only,lvl 94 or something...

I'm sure someone else could be more specific with that,i suck at remembering names and locations ingame =/

Icebreaker Antitans, Lvl96 - 52,871 hp [ER]
    Two diffrent spawns (close by)
    241, 986 & 229, 982

:D
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thats the ones,used to like rounding them up with my herc on veno,drop well enough.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I found some (?) mobs around the arrays in OHT have low HP drop decent coin and DQ. There are 2 types of those mobs, depending on which array you choose. The one that Blackhole walks around is the best for me. They are melee and mag. The other array are archers and I think they kite..

Just a thought.

Oh, upper 7x and 8x people can get decent exp if they hyper them too if they want.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    array sentries, i wouldnt recommend to anyone but a herc/nix veno. yes they have low hp, but they hit really hard as hell. a Bm wont be able to round up as many, and besides would probably have a higher repair bill. map 3 mobs are better because they hit low.
    >.<