Faction Logo Solution

Options
vuce
vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Support Desk
I submitted my factions icon over a month ago and still haven't got it.
Was wondering why it is taking so long?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    read this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=933122 for more related info. out of curiosity, what is the name of your faction, and what level is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it's not a high priority update - your icon will be fed into the game eventually unless it or your faction name does not pass the vetting process
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ok the problem with the logo submission is a updating flaw, the submission page does not have the information that you are a lev 3 leader if you became a leader before the new submission method came to be.

The Fix:

Pass lead of faction to another account & then back to your character.

for good measure i passed lead to my wife's account, then shut down the client on both comps & relogged, then i swapped back leadership & restarted clients again. after i got my leadership back, the new submission page became active for me.

i am also gonna reply to my new ticket & the old one to notify them of this.
  • vuce
    edited December 2010
    Options
    All prerequisites are fulfilled, lvl 3 Fac, I'm leader, the image was a .TGA format at 16 x 16. Faction name is Fear, so I would be very surprised is it doesn't pass vetting.

High or low priority it shouldn't take a month to add a simple faction logo.

Thanks for your responses none the less, guess I'll just have to wait and see if a GM can help. b:surrender
  • vuce
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Glad this worked for you too. b:pleased Didn't think to make a thread about it. Maybe this should be put up as a sticky if it works for others too?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    try resubmitting it as a .bmp file - since that is what they requested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
    edited December 2010
    Options
    yeah thats why i posted it as a new thread to help get the word out cause way to many people are having this issue.

Ty again for for suggesting that, I never thought of that, but after you said that it made since that there might not be a backlog of previous leaders in the sites database prior to it being implemented.

I don't know for sure if you actually have to relog, i just did, cause it makes since thinking that faction lists don't update the level until relog. b:victory
  • Shahiro - Dreamweaver
    Shahiro - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Amazing, it worked :O
  • vuce
    edited December 2010
    Options
    try resubmitting it as a .bmp file - since that is what they requested.

.TGA format can be used too.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    vuce wrote: »
    High or low priority it shouldn't take a month to add a simple faction logo.

And exactly how long does your team of chinese developers take to do such a simple thing?

given that everyone and their mother seems to instantly upgrade to level 3 faction these days (just to get an icon) there are possibly hundreds of submissions that have to be verified, visually in the case of the image) that they do not breach the game rules (i.e someone might want their icon to be '****' - of course they are not going to let that through) but can you show me a bit of software to do that task cheaply and quickly

then there is updating the actual icon into the game files for inclusion in the patch.

For a single icon, I agree that it shouldnt take very long - but when you are managing the process for many many submissions each month things have to be prioritised.

Additionally the dev team may have implemented a limit to the amount of new graphics they will load to the game files each patch which means logos being pushed back to following weeks upload or later.

Not having a go, just saying that even the simplest task can get hella complex. It is also possible your submission fell through the cracks - try submitting it again, there is no way it can hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vuce
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Icons aren't added by the Chinese development team, they are added via the back end of the system by PWI themselves. Even if there were a thousand images it shouldn't take a professional games company a whole month to add game icons. Visually verifying a thousand+ images isn't a mammoth task, certainly not out of the capabilities of a games company that pumps out tons of cash cow content each week. If they have that many submissions you would expect them to have a dedicated team working on it, at least taking 2 days a month to get through them all.

Also game icons aren't sent out in patches or updates, they are held on a server and downloaded to the client in real-time.

When someone spends 12mil ( which for some us of is a lot of coin ) to get their faction to level 3 one would expect it to be a priority.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    <snip>had a big reply. then realised I don't really care anymore.

nm. good luck with forum raging. raise a ticket or don't. resubmit or don't. remember only one who cares about your icon submission is YOU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vuce
    edited December 2010
    Options
    <snip>had a big reply. then realised I don't really care anymore.

nm. good luck with forum raging. raise a ticket or don't. resubmit or don't. remember only one who cares about your icon submission is YOU.

b:chuckle I'm not raging just replying to your post lmao. If you don't care then why the hell even bother replying to my thread, that is a total oxymoron right there, and yes you are right I do care about MY icon submission else I wouldn't of made the post in the first place. b:beatup

Still hoping a GM can help me with this as I have tried everything suggested before even making this thread. Posting in this forum was my last resort. b:thanks
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Glad to hear it worked for you =)
  • _LunaRayne_ - Sanctuary
    _LunaRayne_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I went to submit my faction logo and it wouldn't let me click on anything. All the buttons to select Server, Faction, Ect. were gray. pls help i have a lvl3 faction screen shot and icon too.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Other people have tried this, send a ticket with your faction logo here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ and it should get done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Exactly what Krisnda said. Thank you!
  • vuce
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Bump....
  • vuce
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sticky?
  • vuce
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • vuce
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ok, not quite sure why my faction logo thread was merged with another thread that was a different issue altogether, fantastic way to confuse the matter.

My faction logo still hasn't been added, I've submitted numerous tickets and have been waiting well over a month. Still am yet to get a reply from a GM on my original thread before it was merged with a thread about pages not loading, which should of been stickied in its own thread. Very very strange one would merge a solution thread with an issue thread. b:beatup
  • vuce
    edited January 2011
    Options
    b:tiredb:tiredb:tiredb:tired *sighs*
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Do you have a ticket ID I can check up on for you vuce?

Let me know.

Thanks.
  • vuce
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ozimov wrote: »
    Do you have a ticket ID I can check up on for you vuce?

Let me know.

Thanks.

15049-165295 <--- This is my latest ticket submitted.

Thanks.