Mystic a threat?

ItsDanny - Dreamweaver
ItsDanny - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Venomancer
Well since the new expansion has been announced with the new race and classes , is anybody getting Deja Vu? I wasn't really here to witness all the chaos with the first days of the TB. It seemed like assassins pretty much nullified some classes. Does anybody feel (Like myself) that mystics will replace venos ? I'm not very experienced in this game , it's only been two days . Even so I feel like this class is going to die after the expansion. It saddens to think all those people who worked so hard to get their nixes , hercs , gear , and levels. Post your opinions on the matter. :)
Man venos are sexier yo.
Post edited by ItsDanny - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If the do i quite the game !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Certainly will be competition for caster venos. I have yet to see any mystics hitting stuff melee, but time will tell on that. Overall, venos should relax and enjoy their class, it's not going extinct.
  • ItsDanny - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    If the do i quite the game !
    You could always stick around and show them how a real summoner does it :)
    Man venos are sexier yo.
  • ItsDanny - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Certainly will be competition for caster venos. I have yet to see any mystics hitting stuff melee, but time will tell on that. Overall, venos should relax and enjoy their class, it's not going extinct.
    I never took the melee part into consideration . That's a good point.
    Man venos are sexier yo.
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2010

i'm pretty sure mystics won't be able to hold anything other than magic weapons when the expansion arrives to pwi.
    Retired b:bye
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I saw a video of a Mystic, and apparently at least one of the low level pets, which is a land pet, can also fly. I'm assuming the same goes for their other permanent summons too.

I don't think Mystics can replace venos, unless they have some serious debuffs that could compete with Amp/Purge. They at least have an attack debuff (I think that's what it was) and a defense debuff. One thing that irks me is that Mystics can actually solo their FB19...whereas venos can't b:surrender. I hope this doesn't mean their pets are actually stronger than the free veno pets b:shocked.

We won't really know all the similarities until they come out, however. My guess is they won't be enough of a debuffer to really threaten a veno's role in a party...but if their pets stay as formidable as they are at low levels...venos without CS pets might be at a huge disadvantage.
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think it was stated in some other thread that the summons, except the first one, are only useful if they use skills, and for that they need constant mana-feed from mystie. They are also not as powerful as veno pets when it comes to tanking ability, they only advantage seems to be higher hp - but, as mystie's pet heal is much more costly mana-wise than veno's pet heal, it's not that great of an advantage.

I think that mysties who'll be played like venos wil be fail mysties :P they seem pretty unique class, with unique gamestyle yet to be discovered and polished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I think that mysties who'll be played like venos wil be fail mysties :P they seem pretty unique class, with unique gamestyle yet to be discovered and polished.

These words . . . b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • hasnoface
    hasnoface Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No, as far as I know, Mystic will have no mana regen skills and they have to give mana to their summons so they will end up drinking potions nonstop. A Veno can pretty much grind without any potions once they get Metabolic Boost, Nature's Grace and Soul Transfusion. This makes Veno a better grinding character. Also, I don't think their summons can tank like a Herc and they won't have pet skills like Veno pets. They can't customize their summons like Venos their pets (different skill builds).

Edit: Also, Mystics don't have Amplify Damage, can't give chi and can't debuff bosses. xD Venos are still better imo.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mystics will have an impact on the Venomancers but I can't assume the results yet.

Mystics may seem more useful in squads because they have healing skills. Some squads will probably choose them over Venomancers. However, the Clerics are still needed so I don't know if this will happen a lot or no.

Venomancers still have the ultimate pet tank Hercules. Although it's totally unfair towards the people who don't own one and can't afford getting one, Venomancers are probably still going to be the best for pet tanking. Mystic pets come from skills apparently so I don't think there will be any new legendary pets. I don't know how good the pet heal of the Mystics are though. This is perhaps one of the reasons Mystics can solo their FB19. Their pet must be good but I doubt it's like a Hercules.

Like Myrrmidonna said, Mystics will have their own gamestyle and I can see a lot of bad Mystics coming from people attempting to play them like Venomancers. I can't lie though, I'll be happy if the fail population moves from Venomancers to Mystics b:surrender

I love the Venomancers so much (it's one of those times you feel "this class was created for me") and it frustrates me to see all those fail players ruin the class.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • hasnoface
    hasnoface Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ^ I don't think a Mystic will heal in squads. I almost never see Wizzies and Psychics heal either... Most people prefer to DD. But I'm a Cleric and I can heal my squad alone, I don't need assistance, lol. <.< I'm really angry because Mystics get Revive buff, to be honest... How unfair is that? Clerics should have it. Sorry for the offtopic, I should go to Cleric forum with this. xD
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Whether they will heal or not depends on the players yes...That was my point earlier. I'm afraid players will see the Mystics like another "class for the lazy".
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010

I can't lie though, I'll be happy if the fail population moves from Venomancers to Mystics b:surrender

I love the Venomancers so much (it's one of those times you feel "this class was created for me") and it frustrates me to see all those fail players ruin the class.

quoted for truth b:chuckle it really pains me seeing fail/lazy venos giving us all a bad name. And, to tell the truth, there are too many people out there who chose veno just becouse it's said to be easiest/most profitable class, and don't utylize even a half of the class' potential.

I'm going to roll a mystie, even if just to check it out and dump after lvl20. It seems it'll be at least as challenging as veno (because a real, proper veno gameplay is challenging, not easy - just recently, while playing my alts to get them hours for fashion, did I realize how much additional stretch it is to have 2 bodies instead of just one) and I'll be most interesting to discover the new skills and find proper uses for them.
    (although I'll probably wait a few weeks to avoid the more-players-than-mobs issue on EGs grounds... b:surrender )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • ItsDanny - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    You're all right , I never saw it that way. I guess Mystics wont outshine us . Even if they do , we're still going to be the ones that promote all the fanservice :p!
    Man venos are sexier yo.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Let all the lazy people play mystics so clerics and venos become the powerhouses again >.>

Mystics wont be like venos and, sth else , their pets are temporary and they have to feed them for MP to take advantage of their use + they dont have Fox from like venos ( which grants them quite a bit versatility). Also their aero gear is ugly ( irrelevant but yeah ).

Personally , im not really intrigued by the Earthguard but mostly by the other gameplay additions like guild Bases (hope they will add them) and changes in the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    One of the above posters said venos can't solo their own FB19s. That is a lie.

I solo'd my FB19 on both of my venos. (One of which had a herc, one used a magmite)

---

Anyhow, from what I heard, Mystics attack through their pets. Using them as like.. a medium?
    Versus venos which attack alongside their pets?

Any clarification?
    I haven't done that much looking into the classes.
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You're all right , I never saw it that way. I guess Mystics wont outshine us . Even if they do , we're still going to be the ones that promote all the fanservice :p!

True.

I don't think mystics have the dreaded "jiggle" when they heal their pets.b:dirtyb:laughb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't think mystics will replace veno's. As mentioned we still have amp, bramble, purge and other usefull skills.

That mystics can solo their fb 19 is probably because the fb of the earthguard is just as patethic as the one of the tideborn. The boss is in the open air and seems to be damn easy.
    I gues a veno could solo that one too at lvl 19.

I heard that mystics burn loads of mana though, but that might be different at higher lvl.

I gues we'll just have to wait and see. I highly doubt we'll become unnessecary though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    <.< they get probably ** expesive skills(2lvl) tho :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    One of the above posters said venos can't solo their own FB19s. That is a lie.

any class can solo their own FB19. the question is, at what level?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    i soloed mine at 3x XD for molds LOl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Of course, we have the ears and the tail ;D
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    any class can solo their own FB19. the question is, at what level?

19 obviously.
    Myself, as well as several of my archer/bm&barb friends have been able to solo their fbs.

*fb19s
  • Uko - Raging Tide
    Uko - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I bet Mystics will not have the freedom we venos have >=D I mean, so many veno builds out there to explore :P

And of course, two bodies and pets who dun need mana food >.>