Twilight Forge weapons

Options
valorien
valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
As those of us near level 60 and beyond we have to consider which weapons we will make at the Twilight Forge. The interesting thing about the forge is that higher level weapons require the lower levels weapons to be decomposed. Because of this I think it's important to consider what I want my level 99 weapon to be and work backwards. This way I won't find myself picking an inferior weapon later in the game simply because I chose a more powerful one early on.

Thus, I propose this question. Which level 99 Cleric sword is the most useful? They all have the same requirements in terms of Str. and Mag. and they also have the same Magic atk (831-1016). They differ from each other in the following ways.

Broken Dream: Channeling -6%, Vit +14-15, HP +205.

Mirage: Channeling -6%, Magic +16-17, MP +360.

Garuda's Flame Wing: Channeling -6%, Phys Dmg -2%, HP +205.

Sacredevil: Crit +2%, Magic Atk +84, Magic +16-17.

So fellow clerics, which is the best?
Post edited by valorien on

Comments

• Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I would choose Broken Dream, i love the hp bonuses it gives and also it has -6% channeling wich is something I consider very important for casters to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Newtestament - Heavens Tear
    Newtestament - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    my first choice wud be scarcedevil cus i love dpsing but my second choice wud be broken dream. cus at 99 i wud probably already have godly gear that gives me enough hp/pdef and such. And since id proabably be full mag, scarcedevil would beast up my mag attack which would be awsome for pk lol. (this is just my preference keep in mind you)
  • Lepios - Lost City
    Lepios - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hmm. It looks like it would really be a matter of preference depending on how your character was built. I would personally opt for the Sacredevil for 2 reasons:

1) I'm on a pvp server, and any boost to matck even at that level would only be a bonus & combined with other +crit gear, it should be pretty self explanatory

2) however you orient yourself, whether it be (and as a matter of personal preference i don't recognize nor believe any of these to truly exist given the variation in stats for everyone's own character &/or combination of gear) FAC, FSC, or hybrid & as countless others much higher than myself have pointed out (thanks Forp for being an unending font of fact-derived knowledge rather than speculation - I think people should give you more credit- et. al.) it is known that matck also affects your ability to heal...which, being a cleric, should be something as important to you as it is most definitely important to members of your group. Since you ARE a cleric b:chuckle

If you look at the Mirage - +mp isn't something you should have to worry about at that level, so I think this is pretty much the most useless of all of them. If you are lacking vit, I suppose the Broken Dream would be something you could supplement your build with. Garuda's might be useful if your gear is centralized around +pdef (alternatively, this could also supplement your build).

I think the Sacredevil is the clear choice, but I digress...as this is all based on preference & play style.
  • Inna - Heavens Tear
    Inna - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It'll be quite some time to reach level 99, let alone have those weapons. But my choice would be Broken Dream -channeling and hp wins it.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    id go with broken dream too i lowe hpb:dirty
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valorien
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It'll be quite some time to reach level 99, let alone have those weapons. But my choice would be Broken Dream -channeling and hp wins it.

The reason it matters at all is because your level 99 weapon depends on which weapon you pick as your level 60. So knowing your 99 let's you know what level 60 weapon to pick up.

I would have to pick between Sacredevil and Broken Dream. The Crit bonus of Sacredevil doesn't impress me, but the Mag. Atk increases both damage and healing as others have pointed out. However, the channeling and HP are a huge plus too. Personal preference makes me lean toward Sacredevil knowing I'll have to socket some HP boosts into my other gear.
  • Aerith - Dreamweaver
    Aerith - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    if ur a full atk cleric with full mag build,

the crit makes you deadly, the mag and mag atk bonuses just add to that. -6% channeling is worthless for us, u can stack it up to 30% and it doesnt make a difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    it doesn't? at -30% channeling you're doing 1/3 less channeling time. that's like casting razor feathers at the same rate as plume shots.
  • Aerith - Dreamweaver
    Aerith - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    it doesn't? at -30% channeling you're doing 1/3 less channeling time. that's like casting razor feathers at the same rate as plume shots.

To outdamage 1% critical rate on average:
    As Pure MAG at level 50 (wearing average 3 star equipment), your equipment will need at least + 6 MAG
    when using great cyclone level 10.
    As Pure MAG at level 80 (wearing HH80 sword + average 3 star equipment), your equipment will need at
    least + 10 MAG when using wield thunder level 10.

i tried the channeling thing and its true, its barely noticeable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    barely noticable.. when you have -3%. yeah. try getting a higher amount. it has to be stacked to really make a difference.
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think working backwards is not really the best way of going about the weapon. Maybe working back from the 80 isn't so bad but getting to 99 takes a long time. You probably would be able to farm the mats 10 times for the lower weapons, or sell your current weapon to buy the one you need since you will be making a lot more money at those high levels. I tried it on another toon working backwards and was pissed in my 70s and 80s (which is a long period of time ) when the weapon wasn't really what i wanted. However then i just sold my 80 weap and bought the one i wanted to make my new one when it was time
  • valorien
    edited April 2009
    Options
    That's a really good point.
  • kamlunaut
    kamlunaut Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think people are seriously underestimating the Mirage. First of all, lv90-99 gear when refined grants an immense hp bonus, along with a lot of VIT on the armor itself. I'm only 90 and between refines and gems in my armor I have over 5k buffed with only 20 vit base. I'm pure magic build btw, and I have no trouble with hp (the exception being occasionally on 3-1 but it's doable for me). The thing about mirage is it is a very broad weapon in terms of bonuses. It gives a little of everything. Here's why. The channel-6% is beautiful. It by itself isn't that noticeable but stack it with other -channel and that's the way to go for taking out bms and barbs. You need to attack quick to get them down before their charms tick again. Without -channel gear it's very difficult. Granted extra crit helps with this as well but only 2% of the time. You get the same bonus from demon metal mastery and can combine it with the -channel on mirage. Second, the magic+16-17 is a LARGE boost to magic attack, and should not be given up for a slightly higher hp. It more than gives it precedence over Broken Dream. That lack of magic attack can make the difference in killing others before they kill you. And as I've said before at this high of a lvl a few hundred hp is not going to make that big of a difference. If you get head hunted before you plume shell chances are you're dead regardless. And I'm not undermining the fact that Scaredevil is a good weapon. It's a close second for me, but the fast, powerful and CONSISTENT hits of the Mirage make it a better choice in my opinion. I'd much rather know I can 1-shot my opponent before he can pop off a spell or two on me than having to chance getting hit first or hope for a critical to kill a barb/bm
  • kamlunaut
    kamlunaut Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oh, and demon plume shot combined with high attack build and -channel = dead wizzies and psy's before they know what hit them. -Channel is also necessary for sleeping and debuffing psys before they buff themselves
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    valorien wrote: »
    As those of us near level 60 and beyond we have to consider which weapons we will make at the Twilight Forge. The interesting thing about the forge is that higher level weapons require the lower levels weapons to be decomposed. Because of this I think it's important to consider what I want my level 99 weapon to be and work backwards. This way I won't find myself picking an inferior weapon later in the game simply because I chose a more powerful one early on.

Thus, I propose this question. Which level 99 Cleric sword is the most useful? They all have the same requirements in terms of Str. and Mag. and they also have the same Magic atk (831-1016). They differ from each other in the following ways.

Broken Dream: Channeling -6%, Vit +14-15, HP +205.

Mirage: Channeling -6%, Magic +16-17, MP +360.

Garuda's Flame Wing: Channeling -6%, Phys Dmg -2%, HP +205.

So fellow clerics, which is the best?

Mirage/Scaredevil has similar adds to a Neon purgatory but is grade 12 (vs 13), Broken Dream as identical adds to a Sensoid Emptiness and refines just as well (grade 12)...

A better solution, imo:

Merchant from 60 -> 95 and get yourself a lunar weapon

Cheers!
    b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Honestly don't bother worrying about what weapon you want at 99. TT weapons are cheap and no matter what path you choose of those 4 weapons it is only a small amount of money to acquire those weapons. And your mind very well may change on the way there. Not to mention Like decus said, there is lunar and frost weapons as well.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Notice how this thread is a year old. FF and lunar weapons weren't quite as common then as they are today.

Also, necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mirage or Sacredevil.

Weapons should increase attack, armor should increase defense. You don't need 14 vit on a weapon, it doesn't change much lol.

Personally, i'd take mirage cuz i'm more pve.

Of course i'm actually going Fate Denial: Godspeed since I like the glaive attack range more than the sword.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Notice how this thread is a year old. FF and lunar weapons weren't quite as common then as they are today.

Also, necro.

Mea culpa. I just assumed it was a new thread and didn't bother reading the date since the cleric forum is rife with "what gear?" threads (I am just as culpable there, haha).

b:thanks
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • mason3l33t
    mason3l33t Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    where is the twilight forge located.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Necro :o!

Open your map, zoom to Archosaur, and they are at the lower left corner of the big square that is the city. There are also TT forges in the anteroom of TT itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GGianAAle - Archosaur
    GGianAAle - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If you are vit build or so I would go with Mirage, if u are mainly magic build I'd choose Broken Dream...
    I prefer Mirage.-b:victory
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nice necro....
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nice necro....

It's all the rage these days.

Can we lock this thread please? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]