Fists > Bow?

Russiee - Raging Tide
Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Archer
I heard from a legit source that Fists > Bow in TW.

Source: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11522502&postcount=142

Or would Dance of the Universe work out better?
Post edited by Russiee - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sarbear - Raging Tide
    Sarbear - Raging Tide Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Calamitys or gtfo. You can throw them. b:dirty
    "Target Sarbear, Anti-stun skill, Irongaurd, holy path, armageddon:Result? Miss! Q_Q" - Rawrgh
    "Actually if you had half-a-brain you would realize that fists > bow when someone is close to you." - XxZavxX
    "hey I made another insulting post towards Spell_Caster, and all say...yeah!! Gzz! You're the rock!" - Spell_Caster
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Aps > everything duh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well his post doesn't mention anything about tw, but anyways

fist is > than bow at close range imo since I hit 5 base. But it also depends on what gears the other person has. If my gears are better then theirs,i'll try to kill with fists. If it's some 4 base bm or some nirvana sin, then I gtfo if they get near.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Nadis - Sanctuary
    Nadis - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well his post doesn't mention anything about tw, but anyways

fist is > than bow at close range imo since I hit 5 base. But it also depends on what gears the other person has. If my gears are better then theirs,i'll try to kill with fists. If it's some 4 base bm or some nirvana sin, then I gtfo if they get near.

Hes saying that only a noob would kite a BM, he would demon spark and aps another claw bm.

Gearwise defence > 0 on him, if I was him I'd probably sell my fists/claws since I would only be killing myself if I had to tank anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ...can't tell which parts of this thread are serious and which aren't. o.o
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Expel > APS?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Tempest > Expel b:avoid
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Double Rainbow > Life :3
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Spamming the thread > everything else.

Gah, that didn't sound like 'Don't spam' D:<
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I heard from a legit source that Fists > Bow in TW.

Source: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11522502&postcount=142

Or would Dance of the Universe work out better?

Actually if you had half-a-brain you would realize that fists > bow when someone is close to you.

Sorry to say but this guy is telling the truth. In TW, there are many situational occurrences happening simultaneously. In one of those situations, I had found myself caught in the middle of cata-barbs unloading on friendly towers (I was revived under the catapult, luckily); if you're sneaky enough and cant afford the time to move back for full archer range damage, its probably quicker to APS the cata-barb before they can do more damage to your towers. This is provided that they are in YOUR territory, or you just happened to be revived under/near them or their catapults. Trading 1 archer for 1 cata-barb is a good trade-off in your guild's favor for obvious reasons in such urgent situations.

All other situations, stay far back and do what archers do best with bows.

On a lighter note: necro-ing threads > anything else.
    (Edit: I dont mean this thread in particular, just threads in general.) b:chuckle

Gryphyyn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    On a lighter note: necro-ing threads > anything else. b:chuckle

This thread wasn't necro'd b:shutup

But it was recently started by someone that has a "game is dead" siggy lmao
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Maybe Gryphyyn was thinking that that was an automatic necro?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Sorry to say but this guy is telling the truth. In TW, there are many situational occurrences happening simultaneously. In one of those situations, I had found myself caught in the middle of cata-barbs unloading on friendly towers (I was revived under the catapult, luckily); if you're sneaky enough and cant afford the time to move back for full archer range damage, its probably quicker to APS the cata-barb before they can do more damage to your towers. This is provided that they are in YOUR territory, or you just happened to be revived under/near them or their catapults. Trading 1 archer for 1 cata-barb is a good trade-off in your guild's favor for obvious reasons in such urgent situations.

On a lighter note: necro-ing threads > anything else.
    (Edit: I dont mean this thread in particular, just threads in general.) b:chuckle

Gryphyyn

If a Cat barb is for some reason not Brambled and all his supports are dead, then yes, by all means use him as a chi bag. However, unsparked fist damage against buffed heavies is really kind of bad, and staying put amongst melees in TW would get you killed very quickly, it's like being exposed with your pants down.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear
    Gryphyyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    If a Cat barb is for some reason not Brambled and all his supports are dead, then yes, by all means use him as a chi bag. However, unsparked fist damage against buffed heavies is really kind of bad, and staying put amongst melees in TW would get you killed very quickly, it's like being exposed with your pants down.

I suppose you didnt completely read my post before responding, since I clearly mentioned what condition(s) must be required for this to work. In the event a cata-barb is found in your home-base and launching an assault on your friendly towers (and yes he may/may not have support AND he may/may not be buffed), AND you are somehow caught in the middle of crossfire (ie. in my case, I was revived right under the catapult), chances are I will die regardless if I stay or try to flee behind friendly lines. At this moment, the top priority is to get the cata-barb and his catapult out of home-base or away from friendly towers (even though he may have support). Thus, while ALL friendly available DD's should be targeting and unloading on this cata-barb, AND while the friendly towers are firing back and causing chaos to the opposing faction, chances are if you are astute, careful, and quick -- you will unlikely be noticed clawing/fisting away at the barb until its too late for enemy support DD's to kill you off -- even if you do die, you've caused significant distress to the barb that the other DD's can finish off the barb from afar. And once the barb dies, the catapult should crumble and thus, render useless (unless of course, others with cata-scrolls continue the full-on strike, which God forbid can happen sometimes.) Remember, chances are the cata-barb while he is unloading on your friendly towers in a full-out battle will be too busy concentrating on the towers -- you can use that to your advantage.

Also, as mentioned earlier, if you as the DD end up dying would be a decent price to pay for an enemy cata-barb's eventual death, for obvious reasons. You can always be res'ed afterwards, but the removal of the top priorities are a must if you wish to have a chance at defeating the opposing faction.

I'm sure there are other situations where similar strategies may work, but the one I account for above, I have personally experienced.

I hope that clarifies my earlier post.

Maybe Gryphyyn was thinking that that was an automatic necro?

Lol. I did not mean that this particular thread was a necro. I was just making a lame joke at the expense of the joking comments posted previous to my post. Sorry for the confusion. b:surrender

Gryphyyn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Karma | ex-GoldDigrz | ex-xWaRx | ex-Reunited | ex-Tao
    Gryphyyn (10x Archer) | Tyyphoon (10x Assassin) | Ryyft (8x Seeker)

Fearless. | karmapwi.com
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    it's like being exposed with your pants down.

Only good things can come of that b:cute
    b:dirty
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Only good things can come of that b:cute

unless your in the jail rooms in cube >.>
    Gifs are hard to make work here