absolute dominator vs pan gu"s giant axe

Options
RedFangz - Heavens Tear
RedFangz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
im reaching lvl 85 soon and i wanna know what to save up for..
i wanna know what people think is the better weapon for me when i turn that lvl..

Absolute dominator or PAn gu's Giant axe?? :)
True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
>>http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=bf82353e88e001a6<&lt;
They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RedFangz - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pan Gu is a tank axe, the absolute dominator is more of a PvP weapon. But IMO if you're going for PvP, get GX's.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if i buy frostcovered sign force and get the pangus axe, will it have 1-2 socks or 0-2? :)
    True greatness comes not because of winning every battle, but in winning without ever fighting -Sun Tzu
    They can say what they want imma keep my head up, the thought of me losing never crossed my mind..
    16k hp for a lvl 90 barb is good don't u think? :P considering i have 2.86 aps for fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if i buy frostcovered sign force and get the pangus axe, will it have 1-2 socks or 0-2? :)

well i dont know it for sure, but i assume that it will come out as TTs...

sooooooooo 1-2 socket b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I've seen other FCC weapons with 0 sockets, so I assume Pan Gu's Axe can have 0 as well.

Don't risk it, just buy from somebody else. I bought a +5 Gold Pan Gu's Axe with 2 Perfect Garnets for 27 million, used it until level 90, then re-sold it for 27 million. So basically it's free if you take the time to shop around when buying/selling it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Uitiano - Heavens Tear
    Uitiano - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The ones with no sockets are the ones that the bosses in FF have a low chance to drop (10% chance to come out with no socket).
    Pan Gu's, is by far the best PVE axe in terms of tanking and a good axe for TW if you're a catabarb, and the only way to get Pan gu's is out of a pack or through the FF sign, so it'll always be 1 or 2 sockets, but never with no sockets.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Honestly, I use the dominators on my barb and my bm, which are both for the damage factor and occasional bonus stun.

If you're lacking on the survival end of things though, there's not much better than Pan Gu other than nirvana axes, which req more vit into str and dex than pan gu, or the tt99 gold polehammer which has the same issue, or oht axes that you got lucky on the stats on.

b:victory
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Calamities > Dominators
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • RedFangz - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what about a gatherstorm?? is that something to buy??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I see the gatherstrom as a more 'offensive' weapon.