Perfect World: Genesis -- New Expansion announced!

Comments

• Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    might've been asked before but i can't find ^^" how customizable are the new characters? are they as customizable as the origional classes or do they have fewer bodily customizations, like tideborns?

Yeah, as Susylu said, they are very limited just like TB. b:surrender I find it kinda weird that their eyes are too bright, they look like dolls, very anime-like. Seeker looks super smexy but there is something wrong with male mystic's posture... Can't explain but looks kinda unnatural, as if there is something that's bothering him... or might be just me lol
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I want a whispering eye>,>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I want a whispering eye>,>
    Dont we all lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • LilithAnn - Raging Tide
    LilithAnn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wow awesome..cant wait XD So when does it actually come out???
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010
    February 2011, by all accounts. Can't wait myself!
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    TW is dead. You can thank the "Territory War Fix" that was supposed to end in AUGUST.
    I don't know what gave you that impression, but no, it wasn't supposed to end at any specific time. All they said is that they may make further tweaks. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post a link to the post where it says otherwise.

P.S. Commenting within someone else's quote makes it unnecessarily hard to quote you. If you just break up the quotes then you don't need to color your replies differently either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • LilithAnn - Raging Tide
    LilithAnn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    February 2011, by all accounts. Can't wait myself!

Ah hahaha,awesome..february is gonna be a kickin butt month lol XD
  • Liecit - Sanctuary
    Liecit - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010

They just look....so darn weird. XDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Slow and Casual Player~

Thank you for the Siggy Llux ~ b:kiss
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They just look....so darn weird. XDD

they do but I have this one it looked the best of them all to me

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/101206/10021291616090982.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Liecit - Sanctuary
    Liecit - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    they do but I have this one it looked the best of them all to me

http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/101206/10021291616090982.jpg

Agreed! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Slow and Casual Player~

Thank you for the Siggy Llux ~ b:kiss
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, as Susylu said, they are very limited just like TB. b:surrender I find it kinda weird that their eyes are too bright, they look like dolls, very anime-like. Seeker looks super smexy but there is something wrong with male mystic's posture... Can't explain but looks kinda unnatural, as if there is something that's bothering him... or might be just me lol

Maybe he's got a wedgieb:cool
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Found something funny:
    People in CN PWI said Seeker run like a duck, they want to fix their running style. http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1689133&extra=page%3D1

Some sad news about Mystic...
    In compare of Veno, Mystic summon is a lot weaker than Veno. 2nd and 3rd summon is skill base, which mean drain mp. Last summon cast 2 spark, only appear for 20sec. So basic grinding summon is the first one. Here is the stats I found of the summons when char lvl at 100 http://w2i.178.com/201012/86383285467.html The summon's damage is around 3k. Hp around 8k. Mp around 5k. When compare to Veno's pet, defence is lower. Mystic only got 6 attack skills, most are usless. Grinding is ok like Veno, but in PvP really drain mp.

Seeker got highest def lvl, and atk is ok. Skill damage is nice, also with high crit.

Oh the eyes actually useful. http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1688986&extra=page%3D1 They are fixing skill graphic of other class. Add some new skill for Mystic and Seeker, the third eye skill, which able to detect stealthed enemy for 10min, cd 15min, lvl 79 skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All the veno's say: yippie! lol
    So summon's won't be 'half of the character' as it is with venos, but less, as the mystie's got other stuff as well (heals, traps, etc.)

It looks like in the end it'll all get balanced, no OP's or anything. Good *thumbs up*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    From google translate of: http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1688986&extra=page%3D1

In order to better balance career, the three race career on the original mechanism of the skills to do some adjustments.

Balance changes? *gasp* For archer:
    Yu Mountain : Modify the wingspan of the release mechanism and adjust the repelling vector effect.
    Defeat the vector : effects on players effectively repel.
    Wingspan : No goal can be cast at the same time effectively repelling effect on the players.

Sounds like knockback for both knockback arrow and wingspan will work in PVP, and that wingspan will not need a target to be cast. Should definitely help against sins. Also sounds like they are buffing BM's leap to compensate. Anyone want to take a stab at the rest of the page? Those balance changes seem like a huge step.. will they be implemented at the start?

EDIT ehh it kinda looks like a rumor.
    Can anyone confirm if this guy is a GM or any type of official or is this just player suggestions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    it mostly seem like a suggestion. but the way it's said.. kinda makes me wonder.

seems pety cool chnages tho. atleast that knockback would help against dam sins..
    kinda hope it's soemthing official lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    how about mystic damage? like her two spark damage skill, not the taming one. are they better than parasitic nova or cleric tempest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Ah i like that change if ever its implemented. Why cant they make BoA not requiring a target as well :P
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That's bad news. I was looking forward to the mystic. I can deal with mana drain (b:cry psychic) but both few attack spells (some useless if mooy is right) and weak summonsb:sad... What's the mystic's "thing" then? What advantage does it have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Some sad news about Mystic...
    In compare of Veno, Mystic summon is a lot weaker than Veno.

Sad news? This is awesome news! b:chuckleb:pleased

Add some new skill for Mystic and Seeker, the third eye skill, which able to detect stealthed enemy for 10min, cd 15min, lvl 79 skill.

So it was true after all, I sense massive qq from all sins.. b:laughb:pleased
    Thanks for the info! :3
  • AltairII - Sanctuary
    AltairII - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Seeker class here I come... Also the monsters in PWI will be very unhappy when they meet my Seeker b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    That's bad news. I was looking forward to the mystic. I can deal with mana drain (b:cry psychic) but both few attack spells (some useless if mooy is right) and weak summonsb:sad... What's the mystic's "thing" then? What advantage does it have?

Mana drain is true and yes, not too much spells but i didn't see them USELESS, you just have to know how to use them. Also summons aren't weak.
    1) summon = like a nix but weaker
    2) summon = DD but with the skills (mana drain but i think with charm and lvl 75 pots would be perfect)
    3) summon = support skills
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Now that doesn't say all that much, a petite sawfly is also like a weaker nix.

From the videos it does appear that the mystic summon attacks rather fast though, maybe 1.0 aps just like a nix (can't quite tell) but some exact stats would be nice.

Edit: forgot stats were posted already and it seems the attack rate is indeed 1.0.
    I'll take a look how it compares to a nix of the same level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Mana drain is true and yes, not too much spells but i didn't see them USELESS, you just have to know how to use them. Also summons aren't weak.
    2) summon = DD but with the skills (mana drain but i think with charm and lvl 75 pots would be perfect)
    3) summon = support skills

What about the 4th summon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So here's what it look like for both summons at level 23.

I'm not sure about the stats for the mystic summon since I got them from here (posted a bunch of pages back) so please correct me if I'm wrong.

nix / mystic

hp: 933 / 596
    mp: - / 608
    pdef: 2252 / 1020
    acc: 705 / 422 ?
    attack speed: 1.0 / 1.0
    p. attk: 407 / 438 ?
    m. def: 2702 / 1681 ?
    evasion: 415 / ?
    speed: 10.2 / 7.2

Now I don't know if growth works the same for mystic summons as it does for normal pets, but if these stats are correct then then mystic summon will be indeed equal to a nix in offense, but would be quite a lot squishier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I find it truly nice pwi will have a support class now. I don't see mystic as a flat out dd. Mp cost on mystic won't be a problem(stock up on Sesame Yuanxiao). For the timers on the summons I think they won't stay the same. Remember they will still do fixes to the new classes once they are out and ppl are playing them. I so can't wait to play a mystic.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So here's what it look like for both summons at level 23.

I'm not sure about the stats for the mystic summon since I got them from here (posted a bunch of pages back) so please correct me if I'm wrong.

nix / mystic

hp: 933 / 596
    mp: - / 608
    pdef: 2252 / 1020
    acc: 705 / 422 ?
    attack speed: 1.0 / 1.0
    p. attk: 407 / 438 ?
    m. def: 2702 / 1681 ?
    evasion: 415 / ?
    speed: 10.2 / 7.2

Now I don't know if growth works the same for mystic summons as it does for normal pets, but if these stats are correct then then mystic summon will be indeed equal to a nix in offense, but would be quite a lot squishier.

Mystic summons level up as the mystic levels and can be also leveled up as skills. Their stats could progress better since they level up in two ways.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What about the 4th summon?

I don't know, sorry.. didn't reach to 59 (i think thats the lvl for 4th summon)
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Just because its written on wanmai.com doesnt make it fact.

That link about the 3rd eye seeing sins and changes to all the other classes skills looks like someone proposing changes to the game...like we see every day on our forums.

Anything written on their forums can be regarded as a rumor, just pay attention to the announcements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.