dinosuar just like barbs:)

Triage_ - Archosaur
Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cleric
LOL......I have a barb friend who got replaced the other day as main tank by an equally high sin....Today I was told 'nvm squad says we don't need cleric for fc run" part of me wants to laugh the other part is like...........sobs gonna restat to interval/fist and HA!!! Whole time that songs "no body likes me everybody hates me gonna eat worms plays in my head:)"
Post edited by Triage_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Fail. Cleric heals = free. Let them buy HP food and charms for millions, they will regret it in no time. b:laugh
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    they hate us cause we are beautiful ! b:sad
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ugysekell wrote: »
    Fail. Cleric heals = free. Let them buy HP food and charms for millions, they will regret it in no time. b:laugh

when was the last time u didnt get drops/shared exp in a run?
    btw bloodpaint heals = freeb:bye
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Its just one of many imperfect things in an imperfect world....they can use herb, pots and rez scrolls....They can also do it with spark and very little charm tick. I am ok with the fact that in higher levels we are pretty much a security blanket for carelessness and laziness;) I guess clerics will just have to start charging for buffs to make a living:) TW will look like a toll bridge:)
  • Flying_Flash - Sanctuary
    Flying_Flash - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Let them blow their money then, and even if they have loads and loads of cash, they will still come wining and complaining back to you for buffs eventually.

Thats when you let them have it back and just laugh while they cry. What goes around comes around b:chuckle
  • ugysekell
    edited December 2010
    Bloodpaint can't heal like a Cleric. And of course, can't revive. b:bye
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    at the risk of getting flamed..

just heal the barb next time and when the sin dies of carelessness (oops forgot to buff BP, oops deaden nerves wasnt on, oops I didn't run away in time!), maybe he will sit back as a dd.

otoh, I enjoy letting others semi tank bosses - it goes faster and I sometimes take aggro from same level sins even without ream, just off damage (and im not a claw build even - just demon vit barb using demon skills and demon sparks :) ). As far as the pulls go in FC, its entirely possible for me at this point in time to do them (with the exception of a full pull on mage hall) without a cleric so long as the rest of the squad is competent and I have Blood Paint on. HF -> ToP -> Arma will generally obliterate an entire pull and nothing else is needed. however, i dislike tanking bosses with no cleric around. even though i can solo them all in FC, it takes too many pots for my liking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
    edited December 2010

the point is that a cleric gets a share of the drops or exp.
    that share is usually greater than the charm/crab, res scroll and GS cost
    for buffs, there are always alts. there are people that have a barb alt with sage hp buff just outside nirvana fyi :p

so, charm+crab+apo+bloodpaint+heal from spark+res scroll+GS is sometimes more than enough to keep you alive and ofc a cheaper option than sharing the loot with a cleric.

never seen a sin solo tt3-3?
  • ugysekell
    edited December 2010
    Heh, so greedy. How pathetic! =/ As long as I login and 20 people immediately PM me to heal their butt in BH or Nirvana (like it usually happens), I really don't care what greedy noobs do with their APS. b:laugh
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    I don't mind.....I love it "share the loot" Clerics need money too and I feel like such a ***** charging 100k for this or that fb. The other day I even felt dirty like what if they split on me without paying:) lol......All in all I like cleric I am a stereotypical ADD kid, I cant focus on one toon....I think the term is altaholic on here:)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010

With enough damage output, bp heals better than a cleric sometimes. I've had clerics heal barbs entire bosses while I tanked and because I had bp my hp didn't move much. Also, when aggro switches bp is often crucial in not dieing whereas with clerics they have to realize the aggro change and Wellspring, and start stacking. BP gives them the time to do that.

And I've done clericless FCCs. They're pretty nice but only doable in squads with good damage output. With mobs the BM stuns and mobs explode before they can ever hit anything. Bosses rarely last more than 20 seconds, which might mean the tank uses 1 hp pot. All in all its cheaper because of low repair costs, not to mention time saved, but its only doable in pro squads.

Just remember they same people who would pick to do these runs are the people who you praise for giving to 35 minute full FCC runs anyways. You benefit sometimes, don't other times.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Maybe they didn't need the cleric because they alrady had one...

(just a thought)
  • Dr_Nurse - Dreamweaver
    Dr_Nurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    they hate us cause we are beautiful ! b:sad

Let them hate us as long as they fear us mhuhahaha
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What exactly is bloodpaint and what does it do busy with other things atm?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    All I have to say to those that toss clerics aside after becoming "OP" (and this is mainly for those who do it and are asses about it not those that do it because their are jerks in the squad)

1)GL with finding us when you re-roll earthguard
    2)Don't forget who you needed when you FC'd your 75 newbieness...

But it's fine I guess, I always loved the support role and wouldn't trade it for the world even though we're getting tossed aside almost as badly as barbs are in the new "Oracle/hyper/5APS suckled/R9" era. No wonder we're seen as unicorns sometimes XD
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    What exactly is bloodpaint and what does it do busy with other things atm?

Grants a shield to all friendly targets within 10 meters that will
    absorb 2% of all physical melee damage.
  • Raygan - Dreamweaver
    Raygan - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    All I have to say to those that toss clerics aside after becoming "OP" (and this is mainly for those who do it and are asses about it not those that do it because their are jerks in the squad)

1)GL with finding us when you re-roll earthguard
    2)Don't forget who you needed when you FC'd your 75 newbieness...

But it's fine I guess, I always loved the support role and wouldn't trade it for the world even though we're getting tossed aside almost as badly as barbs are in the new "Oracle/hyper/5APS suckled/R9" era. No wonder we're seen as unicorns sometimes XD

I feel your pain Tamias, these days being a cleric is like a double edged sword, but ask yourself if you knew that you had the power to solo things and maybe havin a cleric was just a luxury that you can afford not to have depending on the situation, i'm sure you would probably choose to solo it and thats mean Toxie lols
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Lol, no. It returns 2% of physical damage dealt back to the attacker in hp. Can only be used by barbs, bms, and sin (melee). So basically you gain almost 2% of your damage output in heals back as you deal the damage. A little more reliable than waiting for a cleric to notice you have aggro or to wait for IH to tick or stack, but not as strong. Sage paint gives 3%.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Lol, no. It returns 2% of physical damage dealt back to the attacker in hp. Can only be used by barbs, bms, and sin (melee). So basically you gain almost 2% of your damage output in heals back as you deal the damage. A little more reliable than waiting for a cleric to notice you have aggro or to wait for IH to tick or stack, but not as strong. Sage paint gives 3%.

lol yes...except you expanded on it because the skill description does not say it's only for bms, sins, and barbs and it should say, "Grants a shield to all friendly targets within 10 meters that will absorb 2% of all physical melee damage dealt.".
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    lol yes...except you expanded on it because the skill description does not say it's only for bms, sins, and barbs and it should say, "Grants a shield to all friendly targets within 10 meters that will absorb 2% of all physical melee damage dealt.".

Either way, it is only applied to barbs, BMs, and sins.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2011

What about magic damage or elemental which is really magical?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Hahaha. What the? Those dang other races thinking that they can replace a cleric. But yeah , they get jealous.
    edited January 2011
    Hahaha. What the? Those dang other races thinking that they can replace a cleric. But yeah , they get jealous.

, another ignorant arrogant cleric b:avoid
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Most classes have an autoheal. Some clases can heal others. psychics and wizzies can heal well enough to get most things done. Soon the mystic will be able to give people the advantage to resurrect.

So, yes,... we are going the way of the Dodo bird, eventually. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe not. In any case clerics will never be rare and will never dissapear, simply because it's a nice alt:
    -people like to multiclient/ have a cleric to rez them if they die
    -people like to have a cleric they can switch to if their squad can't find a healer.
    -clerics can fly at low level, so easy to make them and use as bank in archo
    -And ofcourse (almost forgot): some bosses are easier to run with a cleric (which isn't really necessary anymore because everyone asks for the OP squadmember for even the smallest things to do everything in 30 sec) and clerics are useful in TW and stuff

Most clerics belong to people who's main is not a cleric. And because it has become so easy to make a cleric with lvl 10 res and even level it to 100, clerics will probably stay around. There just won't be many people who will want to play them as their main.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    What about magic damage or elemental which is really magical?

No, it only works for bms, sins, and barbs, when they hit stuff.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited January 2011

Sage Bloodpaint keeps 5aps and 4aps fully healed i believeb:sad
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wurlord would like to disagree XD
    PWI b:bye
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Only work to BM, sin, and barb.
    , another ignorant arrogant cleric b:avoid

+ 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...