Do i HAVE to get an air pet??

Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
And here i was thinking i could quest 1-105 with just my glacial.

So im doing my lv 39 cultivation chain and i just got a quest to kill x number of AIR mobs, guessing this is where i HAVE to get an air pet?

Seems annoying as i have to now raise 2 pets as opposed to just 1.

Which brings me to my second and LAST question....the petite sawfly (apprantly the best free air pet) which is lv 8 =/ anyone know a good place to powerlevel it to 35?

I REALLY hope i dont get water quests next....i cant stand raising a 3rd pet -.-.
Post edited by Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    O.o the whole point of a veno is you can have lots of pets for different situations.

but yes, it generally helps to kill air mobs if you have an air pet.

if you don't fancy levelling a sawfly head up to allies camp, I am pretty sure the bees over there are early to mid 30s and will make a decent standin for a levelled sawfly

if you want to spend the time levelling sawfly - do it now while the snowmen are on - they give max exp for pets, and are single hit kills. plus you get drops too!! after that the next best thing is to grind on mobs near the pets level - once you get the pet over 60 the staunch worms down at raging tide city are good (if boring and non profitable) way to keep air pet levelled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Can lvl air pet fast . At those lvl 100 flymobs, near tideborn city XD Pets kill em easy.
    ps U need 2 have full loal, not less then 50%. xD Loal give more pdg and lvl faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There's the level 22 Cloud Skatefish above where the Glacial Walkers are. The Sawfly in a tiny bit better stat wise, but the Skatefish is a higher level, and IMO, looks better than those Sawflies.
  • Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Name of these bees? So ican put them in database and track :3
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    goldwing something or other.. cant remember off hand
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
    edited December 2010
    Can lvl air pet fast . At those lvl 100 flymobs, near tideborn city XD Pets kill em easy.
    ps U need 2 have full loal, not less then 50%. xD Loal give more pdg and lvl faster.

You are not making yourself clear to me, lv 100 mobs?????? You realise sawfly is level 8 right?
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    You are not making yourself clear to me, lv 100 mobs?????? You realise sawfly is level 8 right?
    b:laugh Those mobs don't atk and have low hp xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2010
    b:laugh Those mobs don't atk and have low hp xD

How long would 8 - lv35 take on those? Might just get sawfly after all.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    How long would 8 - lv35 take on those? Might just get sawfly after all.
    i used 1 day from 8-60 XD

well frim 8 - 35 it will just take 1-3hr XD IF pet have full loial!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2010
    I wont need water pet too will i???????? :/ 3 pets too much
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    I wont need water pet too will i???????? :/ 3 pets too much
    U will get water but, just tame those water pets near u lvl, NEVER think of lvl one and keep it LOL xD waste of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hozukimahri - Harshlands
    Hozukimahri - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol can you be more lazy xD
    you need ground pet if you want to solo TT or tank BHs, FBs and for questing since more quests take place on ground
    you need air pet for air quests and for PK, since air kiting is so much easier. the best PK pet is aerial (phoenix)
    you need water pet for PKing tideborn if they decide to jump into water. still this one is not so neccesary
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    lol can you be more lazy xD
    you need ground pet if you want to solo TT or tank BHs, FBs and for questing since more quests take place on ground
    you need air pet for air quests and for PK, since air kiting is so much easier. the best PK pet is aerial (phoenix)
    you need water pet for PKing tideborn if they decide to jump into water. still this one is not so neccesary

LOlb:chuckleb:laugh

Plz read everthing , and also tideborn don't pk in water <.<* wtf lol

Its true nix is best air pet, but not all wanna waste their mone on game.!
    if u think its so easy get so pay 1 for himb:victory
    sawfly is the 2th best tho^^ and free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sheesh, lazy venos. b:shutup

i've got five (5) pets, and i'd have more if i'd bothered to cash shop the pet bag slots yet. granted i only really try to keep three of them --- my land pets --- up to my own level. if the skatefish falls behind a few levels, no biggie, eventually i get annoyed enough by that that i go spend a few hours on the staunch worms and fix it. and if the water pet falls behind by eight or nine levels... i really don't care, there's not enough underwater content, and the tortoise everlasting is a good enough tank that it can manage level-60 water mobs at level 53 itself anyway. handily, even. i just need to keep it from getting ganked, is all.

keeping three pets up to my own level is no big deal, though. and they all have different, useful, uses. running just one single pet i'd not be able to get half as much done, certainly not nearly as quickly or easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My veno is level 67 and levelling the air pet became such a pain in the butt I gave up and sold it:

I have levelled land pets to my level to get the extra stats but there are so few uses for air and water pets that just taming a pet close to your level is all you really need. I'd much prefer to grind with my GW during the time it takes to level a sawfly and use the drops money for something else.

I have a foxwing supreme now which I havent levelled at all and it easily copes with any air mobs I need to kill at the moment. I also tamed one of the mermaids for a random water quest i had.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    lvling pets are no prob, if u know where 2 lvl em up^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Oniryuu - Heavens Tear
    Oniryuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i used 1 day from 8-60 XD

well frim 8 - 35 it will just take 1-3hr XD IF pet have full loial!

Awesome tip, thanks. I'll use this. =.)

To OP, I haven't fought in the air much, but it's definitely handy to be able to, beyond the quests. If you ever start Dragon Quest line, you need to be able to kill flying mobs for that as well.

Veno is a pet class, having a diversity of pets is great. There are a lot of games out there that forces their pet classes to just have 1 type of pet and it just ends up hurting them in the end. Why use a tank pet if you have a tank available? I'd switch over to a pet with DPS? Maybe the mob you're fighting hits very low but very high HP? Tank pet might not be fitting, you might want to switch to a pet that sacrifices defense for damage.