Your opinion on which class is the best.

hunteristic
hunteristic Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Well since I am going to finally starting my own new class, I was wondering if I could gain some of your opinions on which class is the best all around. I'd appreciate it if you could give reasons why as well. If you can't think of why it would be best all around just list what it would be the best of. Thanks.
Post edited by hunteristic on

Comments

• Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wizard - magic
    Barb - non magic

^.^
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • hunteristic
    hunteristic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Thanks, anyone else?
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Clerics. Needed in PvE, great in PvP assuming you learn how to play them.

Assassins arnt far behind, but only if you want to be a mirror copy of 98% of sins and be a 4/5APS spark-roflpwner that noone likes.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cleric and pure tiger barb
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear
    Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    All the classes are good in their own special way and it just depends what you like doing more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Veno in my opinion....the class is really flexible(you can go the traditional robes veno or you can go heavy armor).b:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Archer - High Crit Rate as well as enough Range to escape. The crits I do take out half the targets HP bar currently. If you use the current snowman event to level to 9 the annoying part is gone.

Cleric - nessary for both PvE and PvP survival. May be a carebear or sell your buffs if bored. (lol, force bribe :P)

Venomancer - Make a lot of money, just fun to use. :P Con - You heal Pet a lot ... hasn't been to bothersome as of yet. Hell I spam attack mobs until I am down to 100 HP then laugh it off.

mmm dip ... g2g >.>
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    5aps is the best class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited December 2010
    mastercard
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    prof wrote: »
    mastercard

Quoted for truth.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    prof wrote: »
    mastercard

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Psy best in having fun in PVE and TW. Lots of AOE's with range can one shot most classes once u get a nice weapon. b:laugh. We squishy but others normally die before they get to me but damn those sins, they hurt.
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In my opinion the best all around class (at end game) is Blademaster, especially given the 5.0 shens. They can tank at least as well as a barb, and do considerably more damage (heaven's flame). They are very nearly on par with assassins in terms of pure dps, but have much higher survivability.

Sins and barbs may be able to do a couple of things better each (buffs come to mind), but a well geared bm is welcome in any squad, for anything, ever.

An extreme case would be a nirvana squad consisting of 4 5.0 bms, a 5 aps sin, and taking a 5 aps barb instead of a 5th bm just for the buffs; seriously, when has that ever happened b:surrender
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Barbarian is the best.

Reason:

No other class can kill it except a well geared wizard.

And has ths strongest spell in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • threepointone
    edited December 2010
    Barbarian is the best.

Reason:

I didn't know barbs could cast spells.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Oh you.

I stand by BM's since they're my favorite and easiest to play, for me at least. But I'm usually a DPS addict soooooo...I like archers and sins as well. But BM's can be less squishy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • malagaredonforum
    malagaredonforum Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Sorry...b:shocked Skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Returning to FW. The other game failed T.T
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I suppose I'll add, I'm on a PvE server and never pk or TW (workb:angry), so my comments about BMs are irrelevant to that end. From an instance standpoint...BMs are the hotness, old and newb:dirty
  • Soi_fong - Raging Tide
    Soi_fong - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Each class has their pro and cons. I have only played a sin, archer, and veno. Only the sin has made it past lvl 25 and is my person fav. But here is what is see from each class

Barb: your tank. He takes the damage but does not deal it. He has moves to keep agro from the high damage classes. He also has a tiger form which is useful for when he is tanking. But he is weak to magic.

Blademaster: very well rounded. can use many different weapons. has great AoEs (including an AoE stun) which is awesome for FC in higher lvls. But you need to choose your weapon build somewhat early on to do your stats right. Fist and axe BMs are my favs. They can also play a secondary tank.

Assassin: High damage low health. THe exact opposite of the barb. We are the melee damage dealers. We stun, we stealth, and we can slow enemies. I find if you know how to use your sin you have a high survival rate. If you put just a little into vit this will help with suviving a little more. But you must watch your damage or else you might steal the agro from the barb...and that can lead to your death if the cleric does not notice in time. I solve this issue in higher lvls by shadow escaping and boss goes back to barb.

Archer: Your ranged damage doer. They tend to have even less hp than the sin as they dont need to worry about being hit in melee as much. Archers share the sin high crit rate and high aps. But their low hp make the squishy and if someone is able to get to you before you can kill them...game over in most cases.

Cleric: The must have. The heal bot. You can do some dungeons without a barb but have a good BM or sin tank instead...but you almost always need the cleric. They have low hp, but are able to heal themselves (making them annoying to kill at times >.>) But the major draw back i see with them...the mix of love and hate you will get. If a squad is killed be ready to be blamed for it even if it was not your fault. People love you up to the point you 'fail' and let them die.

Venomancers: The pet tamer. Venos have a fun fox form. The venos main thing is pets. If you have a good pet, you can tank. You have spells too and some very nice buffs. The only thing you can heal is your own pet. If you have the money for it and can get a herc or a nix you can pwn. Hercs are awesome tanks, and nixs just hurt like hell in PvP.

Wizards: Boom caster! At low lvls they have a high death rate. I very rarely see a high lvl wizard. But those high lvl wizards are amazing. Their spells take a while to cast but they do extreemly high damage. Their low dex means a low crit rate, but when they do crit it hurts...alot. A wizard who sparks before casting a spell can one shot many other classes so long as you see them first. If they see you first (esp if its a sin) you can be killed in one hit.

Physics: I am not the best person to tell you about th pys. They are my least fav class. They are similar to the wiz in low hp high spike damage, low crit rate. From what i can tell they have debuffing spells and some power damage spells. But I personally find them the easiest to kill. Except for one OP pys on my server who one shots me ever time I come out of stealth in TWs....

As said someone else can tell you about the pys better. But thats my run down of the classes
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Barbarian is the best.

Reason:

Lol? Are you thinking of PW or rock-paper-scissor?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    But here is what is see from each class
    [...]
    Physics: I am not the best person to tell you about th pys. They are my least fav class.
    Yeah, I took a physics class in college. It can be fun if you have a good teacher.

Er... Oh, you meant psychics! Never mind! b:chuckle

I have a level 60 pure mag build psychic, and it's a glass cannon, with emphasis on the "cannon". Tons of damage, including a couple of AoEs and DoTs, plus various shield-type buffs. They are kind of like sins, in that their attacks can easily steal aggro from the tank if you're not careful, but they don't have the stealth escape trick. I usually wait for a bit before attacking, and then start with the DoTs, while others prefer to use White Voodoo, which nerfs their damage in exchange for a higher defense. Still, with regular mobs you can usually kill the melee ones before they even lay a glove on you.

Anyways, for best "all around" class, I'd have to say veno. With the veno and a tank pet, it's like having a cleric, barb, and DD all rolled into one. You get good damage and good survivability. The pet tanks, you heal the pet and attack, mob dies, and no armor repair bill. I've soloed tons of stuff with my veno, that other classes couldn't solo at that level. Plus, the class could go AA or HA with their skills, though I haven't tried a HA build yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • FallinShadow - Heavens Tear
    FallinShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Me not gonna make a decision right about now, because I'm really havng high hopes for teh Mystics :Db:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Keke Zolanski in da Haus!
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wizard - magic
    Barb - non magic

^.^

^ Has no idea what she's talking about. Barbs are going extinct. Wizards are obsolete, and nobody plays them anymore.

Archers--- Archers have been a dead class ever since the APS problem. Those of you not intelligent enough to consider it a problem....I laugh at you.

Barbarians-- Are dying. You can thank 5aps. All they are now is a very large furry DD with a lot of health and aggro skills. Very few tank anymore. Those that do have restatted to APS. (*COUGH* STARRYWOLF)

Blademasters-- Are now one of the most commonly overused in the game. They're known for spamming 5aps nonstop. If you're NOT a 5aps Bm, you might as well not even bother playing.

Assassins--- The most hated class in the game, next to Venomancers. You know something is terribly wrong when the person who has just oneshotted you vanishes so fast that all you can see is the player ID. That, and you can thank 5aps for ruining their reputation too.

Wizards--- One of the most underplayed classes ingame. Still uncontested in endgame damage, depending on the gear of the Psychic running against him/her. However, nobody wants Wizards in squads for instances anymore. Why is still beyond me. I blame APS.

Clerics--- Once the mystics get here, expect fewer of them. They're the most needed class in the entire game. I suggest rolling one for the sake of making this game easier on yourself.

Venomancers--- The second most hated class in the game. You can thank QQbirds for that. Years ago we complained about the bleed being completely overpowered. We would still be complaining about this, if there weren't other things that were more important to complain about. Lure class. Solo class. Use this class if you want to earn money quickly, and let someone else do your tanking.

Psychics-- The squishiest things on the planet. Usually most builds are glass cannons and 100% aggro stealers. Commonly played by those who don't know what they're doing, spam AoE's, and end up causing massive squad wipes. Soul skills are a major asset. I like Red Tide. >.>

----From What I see----

Seekers-- Another Blademaster? Maybe. I'm hoping they turn out more like barbs. Thank god they can't reach 5.0

Mystics-- If you stuck (player) healing on a venomancer, you would get a Mystic. That's about it. Throw in some pretty butterflies and some earth based skills.
  • FallinShadow - Heavens Tear
    FallinShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Born_Free makes me laugh.. but this stuff is true O.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Keke Zolanski in da Haus!
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Veno in my opinion....the class is really flexible(you can go the traditional robes veno or you can go heavy armor).b:pleasedb:victory

i agree and disagree. yeah, veno is the most self sufficient class, but go LA, LA is smexy, and allows you ta have better defence without sacrificing attack power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ^ Has no idea what she's talking about. Barbs are going extinct. Wizards are obsolete, and nobody plays them anymore.

Archers--- Archers have been a dead class ever since the APS problem. Those of you not intelligent enough to consider it a problem....I laugh at you.

Barbarians-- Are dying. You can thank 5aps. All they are now is a very large furry DD with a lot of health and aggro skills. Very few tank anymore. Those that do have restatted to APS. (*COUGH* STARRYWOLF)

Blademasters-- Are now one of the most commonly overused in the game. They're known for spamming 5aps nonstop. If you're NOT a 5aps Bm, you might as well not even bother playing.

Assassins--- The most hated class in the game, next to Venomancers. You know something is terribly wrong when the person who has just oneshotted you vanishes so fast that all you can see is the player ID. That, and you can thank 5aps for ruining their reputation too.

Wizards--- One of the most underplayed classes ingame. Still uncontested in endgame damage, depending on the gear of the Psychic running against him/her. However, nobody wants Wizards in squads for instances anymore. Why is still beyond me. I blame APS.

Clerics--- Once the mystics get here, expect fewer of them. They're the most needed class in the entire game. I suggest rolling one for the sake of making this game easier on yourself.

Venomancers--- The second most hated class in the game. You can thank QQbirds for that. Years ago we complained about the bleed being completely overpowered. We would still be complaining about this, if there weren't other things that were more important to complain about. Lure class. Solo class. Use this class if you want to earn money quickly, and let someone else do your tanking.

Psychics-- The squishiest things on the planet. Usually most builds are glass cannons and 100% aggro stealers. Commonly played by those who don't know what they're doing, spam AoE's, and end up causing massive squad wipes. Soul skills are a major asset. I like Red Tide. >.>

----From What I see----

Seekers-- Another Blademaster? Maybe. I'm hoping they turn out more like barbs. Thank god they can't reach 5.0

Mystics-- If you stuck (player) healing on a venomancer, you would get a Mystic. That's about it. Throw in some pretty butterflies and some earth based skills.

agreed, and from what i an tell mystics are less customizable than venos. venos can change their pet's skills, mystics are stuck with the set skills of whatever they summon. personally i consider them the result of a wizard and a cleric having a kid, and that kid mating with a veno. and hey! i like the pretty butterflies ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010

----From What I see----

Or if you play them the other way, a brick wall of WHYWONTITDIEALREADY that kills its opponent passively on reflects, debuffs, DoTs and simply making their opponents die of boredom trying to kill them.
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Born go play with quest for apples and leave me alone. <.< As for what i said.
    Wizard - magic
    Barb - non - magic

They are good because they are rare and it takes alot of skill to play them right. Also i like a Wizards fast attacking skills. More speed vs more power
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • threepointone
    edited December 2010
    Born go play with quest for apples and leave me alone. <.< As for what i said.
    Wizard - magic
    Barb - non - magic

They are good because they are rare and it takes alot of skill to play them right. Also i like a Wizards fast attacking skills. More speed vs more power

I didn't know Wizards had fast attacking spells. :o
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010

says who? for all we know they could have a -5 int (no, not -0.5, -5) r8 set (r8 sale will be repeated with the expansion, nicely packed ofc) and reach 5aps with swords.
    I didn't know Wizards had fast attacking spells. :o

lol xd