The price of gold

Options
Liba - Heavens Tear
Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Cash Shop Huddle
I know i'm not the only one to think it rediculous, and you'll probally agree, that the price of gold is through the roof xD
I mean, come on- 1mill for 1 gold? b:shocked (heaven's Tear)
And this 'gold rush' as I have nicknamed it, Not really a rush, more like a last-of-its-kind-and-uber-expencive kinda thing xD. But, never the less; it has forced the price of SoF and PF up too xD. I've seen most places selling from 6.6k, a matter of months ago, to 16-20k.... (probally judged on this basis:)
1mill coins (rounded cost of gold via AH) / by 100 (most SoF / PF you can get from 1 gold = 10k s peice.
1mill / by 20 (least) = 50k
making the average cost of SoF / PF (average is something like 28.7 per pox xD) = ~35~k xD
If it gets to that price (which I have seen in AH... someone buying 20 PF for 800k :l.....) I'm just gunna give up on getting a nix xD.

/end rantish thing
Haters gunna love this ^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
_Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
Post edited by Liba - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• kencokid1884
    kencokid1884 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A chest of coin conatins 1 mill, Perfect Iron Hammer costs 5 Gold, in the AH Gold is about 800K, so 5 x 800k = 4 mill to open a box contain 1 mill xD

Yes I know you need a Perfect Iron Hammer to open the Stash Box but is anything in it truely worth 4 mill ( Or should I say 8mill as you will have to use 2 of them, lvl 50 and lvl?? ) I very much doubt it, I know mine got sold to npc after lvl 45 xD
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A chest of coin conatins 1 mill, Perfect Iron Hammer costs 5 Gold, in the AH Gold is about 800K, so 5 x 800k = 4 mill to open a box contain 1 mill xD

Yes I know you need a Perfect Iron Hammer to open the Stash Box but is anything in it truely worth 4 mill ( Or should I say 8mill as you will have to use 2 of them, lvl 50 and lvl?? ) I very much doubt it, I know mine got sold to npc after lvl 45 xD

Very good point, and well thought out there!
    And 50 & lvl 80 :) I think you get some uber cool weapon.... but, my main is a veno, and my sub is a cleric, so when my cleric hits 50, she can re-use the sword from the lvl 50 stash :) (through the account stash) so, depending on how many mages you have, or blade users, e.c.t, is dependant on how much use you'll get out of it! :D
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Very good point, and well thought out there!
    And 50 & lvl 80 :) I think you get some uber cool weapon.... but, my main is a veno, and my sub is a cleric, so when my cleric hits 50, she can re-use the sword from the lvl 50 stash :) (through the account stash) so, depending on how many mages you have, or blade users, e.c.t, is dependant on how much use you'll get out of it! :D

You don't get a weapon at 80, you get a Tome with +1% crit and some Mirages.

And the Supply Stash was never meant to be profitable, it was meant to be an aid.

The Chest of Coins wasn't meant to be profitable either, it was meant to give a minimum value for Gold.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I find it funny how way back when they changed the TW system, they claimed it would keep the prices of gold/coin low. Yeaaaap, that worked.

/sarcasm
  • DevonicAngel - Lost City
    DevonicAngel - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Lost City is the same way too, I saw gold selling for 2 mill!! partly i do like it because im making alot of coins selling gold, but at the same time I realy hope it gets fixed so the economy in the game doesnt turn into totall **** >.>
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wait for all the sales to end. or, while they are ongoing, take advantage of them. buy the expensive gold now, spend it on the sale items IE CHIP PACKS (900k - 1mil will get you 125 chip packs). When the sale ends, sell em. EG, chips bought with tokens run ~90k for 10 of them, so a unit price of 9k each. The chip packs in boutique contain 15 each (or a chance at a general summers token which costs 9999 chips). 15*9 = 135k (you can sell for 120k to provide competitive pricing with the token method).

120,000 * 15,000,000
    15,000,000 / 6,600 = 2272.727272727273 SoF / Nix feathers

OTOH:

1,000,000 / 6,600 = 151.5151515151515

be versatile, and make the economy work in your favor.

and FYI, I dropped 3 mil on chip packs - set up shop selling em for 120k overnight and made 5.5 mil in sales, bought 3 mil more worth and ive made another 1.7 mil-ish worth already, and the sale isnt even over yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Zaraxia - Dreamweaver
    Zaraxia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Man, that's pretty sad. I just started playing again after taking a break for awhile, and I remember when people were freaking out over how gold hit 500k each. I left a bit after the Tideborn expansion, did gold ever go down or has it just been climbing higher and higher this whole time? People were saying they'd go back down after the sales ended then too, but that doesn't really seem to be the case.
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Man, that's pretty sad. I just started playing again after taking a break for awhile, and I remember when people were freaking out over how gold hit 500k each. I left a bit after the Tideborn expansion, did gold ever go down or has it just been climbing higher and higher this whole time? People were saying they'd go back down after the sales ended then too, but that doesn't really seem to be the case.

Have the "sales" every really "ended"?b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • ambernite
    ambernite Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i know this is wrong fourm first time using them. but id like to either sell my scarlet ninetail or trade it for a cloud chase griffin or a hellfire drake and or ancient boa please reply
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ambernite wrote: »
    i know this is wrong fourm first time using them. but id like to either sell my scarlet ninetail or trade it for a cloud chase griffin or a hellfire drake and or ancient boa please reply

Way off topic b:surrender
    Try using trading or cash shopper forum section and state your server. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • scorpillro
    scorpillro Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I never gave real money for a game and I never will.
    Damn I can't even pay my bills why should waste $ for pixels.

It was good before that the game was fair for donators and players but now only the first can enjoy it. Something must be changed and I hope it's not the "Free to play" title.