faction icon question

Ookami_ - Raging Tide
Ookami_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
so like, i made my own faction icon.
and i wanted a clear background, so i went and cleared it with a program called GIMP.
the thing is when i open it with paint or windows picture manager the original background is still there, now i dont know if either of those programs support the clear background but its still bothersome, i went and transfered the pic to my cellphone and same problem there, the background is still there. but when i reopen the picture file in gimp the background is still clear, so how can i be sure it will appear clear in the faction icon screen on pwi?
Post edited by Ookami_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Link it here, and I'm pretty sure someone will be able to tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ao_Ren - Lost City
    Ao_Ren - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Fairly sure it's being caused because those methods you mentioned, they don't support clear backgrounds so they use a default white color.

Can't really help with putting it in PWI like that because I don't know what file formats they accept and how they convert it.
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    See post #36 in this thread

Alternatively you could go to Support and serach the KnowledgeBase for "Faction Logo"
  • Ookami_ - Raging Tide
    Ookami_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Fairly sure it's being caused because those methods you mentioned, they don't support clear backgrounds so they use a default white color.

Can't really help with putting it in PWI like that because I don't know what file formats they accept and how they convert it.

not so much clear white it goes back tothe ugly green background it had when i ripped it :p