FAQs about Zen/Gold

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Updated as of 7/17/10. Added information about purchase via prepaid card, as they were recently released in Canada and I bought a few. I now have experience with them, so they were added to my FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • _Spinkx_ - Sanctuary
    _Spinkx_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    my fionce bought zen and so on...1/2 was suppose to be mine..but it anded up all on his acct..is there a way to tranfer some of the gold to my acct???b:cryb:surrender
    edited July 2010
    my fionce bought zen and so on...1/2 was suppose to be mine..but it anded up all on his acct..is there a way to tranfer some of the gold to my acct???b:cryb:surrender

Spend the gold on whatever you want on his account, then have his character trade what you bought to your character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Sapient - Raging Tide
    Sapient - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Your mommas credit card shouldnt advance u so much in a game....
    It should be hardwork and skillz. period.
  • Sapient - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Your mommas credit card shouldnt advance u so much...
    IT should be hard work and skillz... period.
  • Sapient - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Your mommas credit card shouldnt advance u so much in a game..
    It should be hard work and skillz...period.
    edited July 2010
    Your mommas credit card shouldnt advance u so much in a game..
    It should be hard work and skillz...period.

Clearly you feel strongly about the subject. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • yuki29x
    yuki29x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    thanks this help alot b:kiss
  • petersteele
    petersteele Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm just wondering if PWE are thinking about updating, so that the players in europe, can charge zen using their phones, as it's much more convenient for some people, and for people who are scared of using their bank details
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    an excellent FAQ ^^

Would the OP by any chance be updating the FAQ to include the "Free Zen Offers"? This has quite a few people on PWI & other games quite paranoid/scared that they have given out their details to scammers.

Maybe to rest their minds a little. Though i know Offerpal is seperate to PWI, it would be good to see if there was a way to weed out the crud

^^
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • Sneakshot - Lost City
    Sneakshot - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Do prepaidVisa Giftcards work to get zen?
  • locust
    locust Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    how many zen do you get on the prepaids per dollar like if you bought a 10card do u get 10zen or how does that work
  • pefectworld01
    pefectworld01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    salut tout le monde j'ai quelque souci pour acheter du cash pour le shop et comme vous pouvez le voir je suis fran
  • WanderSoul - Archosaur
    WanderSoul - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ive posted a topic about this but i figured id post here as well. after purchasing 10 bucks worth of zen and transfering it to the server i was on i didnt get to choose the character thing that was mentioned. did i just waste 10 bucks?
  • supergrova
    supergrova Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    did i just waste 10 bucks?

no. the zen is usable to any characters on that account. also if u were worried. u could use it on one character. trade items to another account, change characters on zen account to the one u wanted it on and trade to him. luckily you wont need to do anything like that tho.
    edited December 2010
    @Katinkova

I just attempted 10-20 of them and most of them just tried to scam my details - I'm thoroughly unsatisfied with them. If someone who's made use of them would like to contribute I would be happy to listen.

@Sneakshot

There is a payment by VISA option so I would assume so.

@Locust

100 zen per dollar = 1 gold per dollar = 100 silver per dollar. US currency-wise.

@perfectworld01

Salut. J'espere que vous auras un temps enchantee dans la monde du Perfect World, mais SVP parlez Anglais dans cette fil. (Je n'ai pas mis les accents a cause des limitations de la forum)

-

Hello. I hope you have a great time in the land of Perfect World, but please speak English in this thread. ^^

@supergrova

Thanks for helping to answer questions. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Thiriel - Dreamweaver
    Thiriel - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A friend of mine has recently been attempting to buy me the Charming Fur Hat from the boutique. However, when he tries, it tells him he needs silver to do it--rather than following what everyone has been explaining so far throughout the forums. Am I simply reading what everyone has been saying incorrectly (highly likely), or is there a specific way to obtain silver that does not include attempting to buy something silver/gold only?
  • Ogath - Heavens Tear
    Ogath - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so i have a walmart $100 visa gift card,would it go under visa, visa debit, or visa electron?
    new race the cursed.

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132&highlight=cursed

plenty of ideas and lots of support come and help us.
    edited December 2010
    Thiriel,

Gold is gold. Press O and you'll see that you have 0 gold.

Coins are coins. Press B and you'll see how many coins you have.

Gold will only get in your boutique window (O) if you spend real money or buy gold from the Gold Trading area of the Auction House. Coins and Gold are two different things. ^^

Ogath,

Visa Debit, if I understand correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • natrose
    natrose Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i got an american prepayed card and i live in UK and my payment option isnt appearing to put my code in enyone help??b:sad
    edited January 2011
    Uh, Purchase Zen -> Charge Your Zen -> Perfect World Prepaid Card (under the prepaid column)? Unless you mean a prepaid card of an American brand, in which case.. what's the card called?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • medichasarrived
    medichasarrived Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    >http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=kaedin25

i have earned a ultimate game card through this site still 5 $ on it
    it is legitimate and real all u do is surveys for points and can get prizes from amazon if u dont like to use ur real name and address and stuff like that this site can help
    >fakenamegenerator.com

first person to sign up here and and message me on there i will give my ultimate game card code with 5$ left on it
    edited January 2011
    >http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=kaedin25

i have earned a ultimate game card through this site still 5 $ on it
    it is legitimate and real all u do is surveys for points and can get prizes from amazon if u dont like to use ur real name and address and stuff like that this site can help
    >fakenamegenerator.com

first person to sign up here and and message me on there i will give my ultimate game card code with 5$ left on it

I can't vouch for the legitimacy of this. Not to mention, it's in the wrong place :/ Although, I don't know where the right place for this would be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Falrac - Archosaur
    Falrac - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Is there a way to transfer Gold from 1 server to another? i know its not possible with chars and equip (i agree) but i have on a server about 6 gold and stopped playin there. Now i start on another server and want to get the money over there.... Anyone knows the answer???b:surrender
    edited January 2011
    No, there's no way to, unless you do some sort of crazy "WTT 6 Gold here for 6 Gold on [insert new server here]!!"

...And I take no responsibility if you choose to.

EDIT: Actually, this is wrong. If you bought the Gold with real money, send a ticket to a GM and they can move it between servers for you. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • bodyguard999
    bodyguard999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I want to purchase ZEN by phone,but it says this:

* Our Apologies.
    There are currently no Paymo payment options available for your region

What's this and will it be possible for me to purchase? :(

that is the old payment method, paybycash, the new one, which is for phones (i forgot the name) is worldwide
  • idunnowhaa
    idunnowhaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Frm bng wrd, gta kp msg as shrt as pssbl D: I use
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Nice Guide, just one question, is it still 1$ = 1 Gold ?
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • jvrmaster
    jvrmaster Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    because I can not buy gold with GAME CARD

Not Found

The requested URL /app/api/live/ was not found on this server.

Apache Server at www.ultimatepay.com Port 80

b:angryb:cryb:cry
  • crazy001
    crazy001 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that means were paying to much for this game if yoou think of what you can buy now days in PWI. so drop your prices,
    it pritty bad when some of this stuff that is not real can cost up and over 1,000 dollers. so get real PWI and stop being so gready.
    Hello and welcome to

General FAQs about Zen and Gold!

Written by Falcondance

Because some people will always be coming to this board and asking the same question, I decided to push all the information into this thread so we could lower the amounts of "What is Zen?" posts in here. I mean, some people say that newbies never read the important stuff, but what can you do? ALL FAQs submitted will be considered and most likely added to the list! Let's build this up and help stop the confusion. I'm aware that there is a small zen purchase guide already on the main website, but if people actually used it they wouldn't ask the same questions here. b:irritated

Table of Contents (Use CTRL-F and search for the number of the question you're looking for the answer to)

What is Zen? (1.1)
    How do I turn my Zen into Gold? (1.2)
    Where do I get Zen? (1.3)
    How much Gold do I get for my Zen? (1.4)
    I got a prepaid card, now what? (1.5)
    I scratched the code off of the back of my prepaid card! Help! (1.6)
    I'm trying to pay with Ultimate Game Cards and I'm having to pay more to get my 20 gold? (1.7)
    Can I chargeback my Paypal purchase? (1.8)
    Are there prepaid cards existing outside of the US? (1.9)
    How do I charge my Ultimate Game Card? (2.0)
    How do PWE Prepaid Cards work? (2.1)

What is Zen? (1.1)

Zen is the pure form of the currency used within PWE's games. Zen is like cash that has not been turned into Gold yet, and it does not have a value until you convert it. For example, you can buy a prepaid card worth $10 and have 1000 Zen on your account, but you can't do anything with it until you turn it into 10 Gold, so...

How do I turn my Zen into Gold? (1.2)

After charging your Zen you will see this window where you may select where you want it to go. Pick an amount of Zen from the dropdown list, then select a server. You will see your characters. Click Transfer, and it will turn the amount of Zen you chose into Gold and put it on that server. You can now log into your account and spend it.

Where do I get Zen? (1.3)

Go to this page to see all the different payment options. Select the one you'd like to use, and off you go! (This does not apply to prepaid cards; you must go to this page in order to redeem a prepaid card.)

How much Gold do I get for my Zen? (1.4)

$1 = 100 Zen = 1 gold. 1 Zen basically equals one cent, and that means that if you buy 1000 Zen worth of Gold, you will get 10 Gold once it's transferred.

I got a prepaid card, now what? (1.5)

Now you need to scratch gently at the material covering the 10-digit code on the back of the card. Use a coin or a fingernail, but be very careful not to scratch off the code itself! After you have your code, go to this page in order to redeem it, then this window where you can turn it into Gold. It's rather simple.

I scratched the code off of the back of my prepaid card! Help! (1.6)

Shnuggles has informed me that you can get the PIN# for this card if you scratch off the code under the silvering. You will need to contact InComm directly and they should be able to help you. If they cannot assist for any reason, then sadly, PWE can do nothing. The only thing for it is to attempt to guess the code or just throw the card out - you can't use it now. b:sad Be more careful in the future.

I'm trying to pay with Ultimate Game Cards and I'm having to pay more/less to get my 20 gold? (1.7)

This means you don't live in the United States, and your currency is worth more or less than the US dollar at the moment. For example, I live in Canada, so I only get $18.93 out of a $20 Ultimate Game Card. For this reason I need to buy two cards just to make my $20 purchase go through. b:surrender

Can I chargeback my Paypal purchase? (1.8)

No.

Shnuggles says: This is not a possibility, you WILL be banned automatically and unless the issue gets resolved and the account goes back to being balanced, the ban is permanent and your related accounts will also have to go bye bye until the debt is repaid. (THIS IS IN NO WAY NEGOTIABLE. You charge back with no intent to repay, your accounts and all associated will not be welcome in our community.) People who account share should take this heed very carefully.

Are there prepaid cards existing outside of the US? (1.9)

So no. However, there are Ultimate Game Cards all over the place, and those work. Shnuggles has provided a few handy links with descriptions for your convenience:

PWE prepaid cards are available in the United States and Canada. The links below will help you figure out if other prepaid options will work for you, as well.

Ukash- This is a voucher system that is used for payments all over the internet. This system is mainly used by our friends in the United Kingdom and they are extending to other European countries.

http://www.ukash.com/global/en/home.aspx

Paysafecard- Also a Voucher system that extends to even more countries than Ukash. This system will reach most countries in mainland Europe.

http://www.paysafecard.com

Ultimate Game Cards- This is a prepaid card that can be obtained within the United States and is branching to other countries. Our friends in Canada will have this as one of their prepaid options. These cards are redeemed through the PayByCash option outlined in section (2.0) of this FAQ.

http://www.ultimategamecard.com/

How do I charge my Ultimate Game Card? (2.0)

Go to this window and select Paybycash. That's what Ultimate Game Cards are.

How do PWE Prepaid Cards work? (2.1)

One bonus about these cards is that they are immediately redeemable; there isn't a gimmick like with the Ultimate Game Card where you might need two or more to complete your purchase. Here in Canada, the two I just bought cost around $11.50 CAN each, and I got my 20 gold without a problem. I -highly- recommend them.

So people, this was what I could come up with off the top of my head, and if anyone has anything else to add, questions, answers or comments, feel free to post. b:victory