Your Age

Options
ruffian7
ruffian7 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Inspired by another thread, I decided to make an improved poll for my own entertainment, and possibly a review for other users.

The poll is anonymous, so you can states your age without being exposed. You might post your age below, but you don't need to.

I'm aware it's going to illustrate the age of the forums users, but feel free to invite some in - game friends to vote here as well.

Throughout my gaming experience, I met more 18+ people, than less than 18 ones. Based on my experience, I can say there are people 40+, and they are not so rare, either.

I'm of legal age around the world, but still below 30:) Agreed, it is little about age and more about maturity, but sometimes you just CAN tell the age difference.

This poll has a few more options than the other one, as well as it is only single - option choice. b:shutup
Post edited by ruffian7 on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what poll? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    too old to die young and too young to die now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    In my fac, there are only a handful of people 18 or younger... most are 21+

I'm 18 :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • ruffian7
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what poll? b:chuckle

The one above the OP's postb:mischievous
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ruffian7 wrote: »
    The one above the OP's postb:mischievous

oh you mean the one added after you saw what i said? b:chuckleb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ruffian7
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh you mean the one added after you saw what i said? b:chuckleb:laugh

No, my dear, I mean the one that was being composed while you wrote what ya wrote :P This is off - topic, so I'd rather keep it short, but if you keep on reading, you might learn something useful.

I believe you never tried to conduct a poll. I have, but never realized this trick, till now. AFTER you write your post, you are asked to compose a poll. WHILE you are doing so, your post is ALREADY posted, and the poll is THEN added to the post, when finished. Hope ya got to know something new. However, kudos for the ninja reply!
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol @ Escorian.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I don't have any age ... Ima ninja b:avoid

Joking joking D:
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You little copycat lol

For those interested in voting in my thread go here:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=954742
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You little copycat lol

For those interested in voting in my thread go here:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=954742

How it's a copycat ? b:surrender
    Anyway there a way to see who giving poll . . so it's not really hidden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    How it's a copycat ? b:surrender
    Anyway there a way to see who giving poll . . so it's not really hidden.

Ah must I explain it again? Just go to my thread where I answer the copycat question -.- and I know its not hidden lol But whats wrong with trying to make sure people won't pass over my thread for this one or vice versa?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you wanted to make a thread to find out if you're right about most people being 18+...

and you group the 18-19 year olds with the 11-17 year olds...

I'm 17 btw, and I almost didn't vote cuz I didnt wanna be grouped with the 11year olds b:sad
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ah must I explain it again? Just go to my thread where I answer the copycat question -.- and I know its not hidden lol But whats wrong with trying to make sure people won't pass over my thread for this one or vice versa?

calm down, there's a huge fundamental difference in the threads, I was actually considering making this type of thread myself after seeing yours.

You ask people for their opinion on what the age group is- i.e, what range of age they notice playing the most

This thread asks people for their own age range- i.e, their personal ages.

The big difference is that your's shows speculation, while this one shows the actual concrete ages of people who play/troll
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    calm down, there's a huge fundamental difference in the threads, I was actually considering making this type of thread myself after seeing yours.

You ask people for their opinion on what the age group is- i.e, what range of age they notice playing the most

This thread asks people for their own age range- i.e, their personal ages.

The big difference is that your's shows speculation, while this one shows the actual concrete ages of people who play/troll

Lol if you read my response to a similar question asked in my thread as that girl posed here you'd see I didn't say the copycating was a bad thing. In fact I find it kind of neat since I didn't realize I was doing something that intriguing is all. I'm not mad or bothered in the slightest I just want people to remember my thread still exists, lol

Besides the threads go on similar lines hence the copycat name I've given it, besides I'm half joking by calling it that anyway b:laugh In other words I'm teasing the op is all so lighten up a little guys lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you wanted to make a thread to find out if you're right about most people being 18+...

and you group the 18-19 year olds with the 11-17 year olds...

I'm 17 btw, and I almost didn't vote cuz I didnt wanna be grouped with the 11year olds b:sad

Same here rofl xD

17 almost 18 now (3 days left being 17 :o )
    being grouped with the 11 year olds x____X"""
    -______-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
    edited December 2010
    Options
    besides I'm half joking by calling it that anyway b:laugh In other words I'm teasing the op is all so lighten up a little guys lol

Joking=Trolling

And we're from Trolling Tides, we dont Troll halfway b:angry

Now I want you to go to the RT forums, find some inspiration, and not come back here until you can properly troll this thread into oblivionb:bye
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *sigh* you're all copycats threads like this have been made before I'm sure b:laugh

Either way I also find the voting age to be a little unfair for those of us stuck in the middle. I'll be 21 in 4 months, so I can either vote to be grouped with 11 year olds, or 30 year olds...

Guess I'll be honest and vote 11-20. It's okay to be immature sometimes methinks b:chuckle
    edited December 2010
    Options
    (3 days left being 17 :o )

3 days b:shocked

We don't have much time, how am I supposed to find 100 strippers for your epic birthday party with only 3 days to prepare b:cry

Taking volunteers, just fill out this sign up sheet:

Male or Female: _____
    Race: _____
    Class: _____
    Prior Experience: _____
    Approximate size of e-peen: _____
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Joking=Trolling

And we're from Trolling Tides, we dont Troll halfway b:angry

Now I want you to go to the RT forums, find some inspiration, and not come back here until you can properly troll this thread into oblivionb:bye

Only troll here is you hon lol I was only teasing the op and I also voted in is poll so I'm not trolling. Besides the definition of trolling by PWI is this:
    Trolling: Attempts to incite others to anger, frustration or similar; also attempts to incite flaming.

But you may Troll if you you wish :) (but really by PWI's def neither of us are trolls guess you need to study more on how to troll then? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *sigh* you're all copycats threads like this have been made before I'm sure b:laugh

Yes, if an archeologist came along to these forums and dug back far enough I'm sure he would find there probably a ton of threads like these buried in the rabble of the current threads abuzz with activity b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only troll here is you hon lol I was only teasing the op and I also voted in is poll so I'm not trolling. Besides the definition of trolling by PWI is this:

But you may Troll if you you wish :) (but really by PWI's def neither of us are trolls guess you need to study more on how to troll then? b:chuckle

PWI also thinks the way to keep a business running is with pack/rep sales, but we both know neither of those are very condusive to a happy playing enviornment b:thanks

And PWI has internet trolling mixed up with Raging Trolls trolling, we is much more friendly b:cute

and I voted in poll too, but I is still trying my best to troll b:sad
  • grimreaperhc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Will you stay on topic?
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWI also thinks the way to keep a business running is with pack/rep sales, but we both know neither of those are very condusive to a happy playing enviornment b:thanks

I don't know I'm happy ;) I always did love a good sale b:chuckle

And PWI has internet trolling mixed up with Raging Trolls trolling, we is much more friendly b:cute
    hee hee
    and I voted in poll too, but I is still trying my best to troll b:sad
    Tsk Tsk shame on you! lol

Response in quote xD,
    Will you stay on topic?
    *on topic on topic think think* Lots of people 11-20 on here isn't there?
    and sorry Grim I'm inadvertently helping him do wrong :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Will you stay on topic?

sorry Grim, just teaching a fellow Raging Tidecan how to conduct theyselves b:pleased

Right, on topic, got it b:shutup

I find that age is unimportant and that the human idea of numbers corresponding with years gone by in your life are only restraints on the very ideal of immortality that humans so desperately seek.
    You see age is a concept first concieved by the romans circa 200 B.C when they were trying to decide how to judge the punishment of a slave who spoke against their master. They decided to calculate the man's age in years, and assign him a whipping on the buttox corresponding to the number of years he has been alive, hence us having birthday spankings.

All of the above is from a legit source, yo
  • grimreaperhc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Actually I gotta say, Sheikah, that 11-20 is not really accurate since there's a big difference in the thinking of the 11 years old and the 20 years old people.
    At least I wont expect that a 19 years old man will think like an 11 years old child. If so, then the older person should be ... never mind b:shutup
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    sorry Grim, just teaching a fellow Raging Tidecan how to conduct theyselves b:pleased

Right, on topic, got it b:shutup

I find that age is unimportant and that the human idea of numbers corresponding with years gone by in your life are only restraints on the very ideal of immortality that humans so desperately seek.
    You see age is a concept first concieved by the romans circa 200 B.C when they were trying to decide how to judge the punishment of a slave who spoke against their master. They decided to calculate the man's age in years, and assign him a whipping on the buttox corresponding to the number of years he has been alive, hence us having birthday spankings.

All of the above is from a legit source, yo

No age is around so people know how long you'll live, so your kids know when to start dividing the goods between each other...
    Actually I gotta say, Sheikah, that 11-20 is not really accurate since there's a big difference in the thinking of the 11 years old and the 20 years old people.

Never said it was accurate I was just commenting on how many people voted and/or were actually that age in this thread. But I don't know when I was 11 I felt 20 something now I feel.... wow still 20! Actually that's bad..cause I'm 21...boo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No age is around so people know how long you'll live, so your kids know when to start dividing the goods between each other...

doesnt that start around the age of 5 when parents start picking favorites? b:shutup
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    doesnt that start around the age of 5 when parents start picking favorites? b:shutup

Wouldn't know mine won't pick favorites, specially my Mom even despite my pleading and begging for her to choose meb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Will you stay on topic?

Ijs..... Don't turn it in personal thread please.
    Stop it, both of you.
  • ruffian7
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ruffian7 wrote: »
    Inspired by another thread, I decided to make an improved poll for my own entertainment, and possibly a review for other users.

(...)
    You little copycat lol

Thank you for adding a link to your thread. My first word say that I was inspired by another one, so heh, not really a copycat. Also, I know you weren't all that serious, so it is ok.

I agree that a 19 - year - old =/= 11 - year - old, but then, I'd have to do more brackets (upper and lower half of the 10s)... There is only a certain limit for poll options, and it wouldn't be fair to make 11-14 and then 15-19, and no 31-35 and 36-40.... ya know what I mean? That being said, I'm proud of my poll:) Greetings to those that like it and to those that voted honestly. Grim, thanks for controlling the borgs:p

EDIT: Oh my, I actually read your last posts in your own thread, and I have to say that you are confusing some definitions here... According to you, all artists are copycats... How poor is this world then.... I'm going to drop it for Grim's sake. He is a cool dude, no need to add more work for him:)