Worth to start playing again?

SlagroomSoes - Dreamweaver
SlagroomSoes - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

As you can see i am a lvl 70 Barbarian. I used to be a tank.
like 1.5 years ago i quit playing.
Today i started thinking about it, how would it be like..
Is it worth playing again or has it changed too much?

I'd like to hear ur opinion!
Post edited by SlagroomSoes - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• StarsDoBreak - Heavens Tear
    StarsDoBreak - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ::DANGER::

::DANGER::

::TROLLS INCOMING::

Game is having a lot of problems at the moment.
    It'd be best to wait until February when new expansion comes out and pray that they all get fixed.
    But you could try and see if you like it the way it is right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now, let the day just slip away, so the dark night may watch over you.
    Velvet blue, silent true.
    It embraces your heart and your soul..
    Have no fear when the night draws near and fills you with dreams and desire.
    Though darkness lay, it will give way when the dark night delivers the day.
    They call us Nocturne.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the game has changed far to much, BHs were introduced (bounty hunter), its basicly an NPC in the middle of arch on that platform, gives you a 3 set quest per day to basicly kill a fb boss, so since your level 70, you will be doing fb59 bosses, when your level 80, you will be doing fb69 bosses and etc, its very easy exp, then at level 80 anyway, you can just do the FC dungeon, buy 5 hypers since there cheap as hell now, put the x12 exp on at certain points and you will be 90 within the week,

eitherway, i would possibly wait till february to come back when the expansion comes out with the new race: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=898402
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Quick! you only have 2 more days to buy your R8! @,@""

My opinion is that you wait till the expansion in Feb to start again. Here's me asking for a giant miracle, but "hopefully" with the expansion, some problems may be fixed.

....but in all actuality, it'll probably be like the Tideborn expansion where a million new problems arise:|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The game is still pretty much the same, the economy and player attitude has changed greatly though. If you can find a group of good, nice, and fun individuls I say the game is really worth playing again.

Just know though, barbarians are going extinct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    inb4gameisdead
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *Peeks in*

Oh. Hai there. I saw the thread title, and well, you know...

No. The game is dead.
  • StarsDoBreak - Heavens Tear
    StarsDoBreak - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *Peeks in*

No. The game is dead.

Trolls have arrived!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Now, let the day just slip away, so the dark night may watch over you.
    Velvet blue, silent true.
    It embraces your heart and your soul..
    Have no fear when the night draws near and fills you with dreams and desire.
    Though darkness lay, it will give way when the dark night delivers the day.
    They call us Nocturne.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *Peeks in*

No. The game is dead.

This.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *Peeks in*

No. The game is dead.

Agreed, and it's not trolling if it's the truth.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Agreed, and it's not trolling if it's the truth.

uum no:
    Troll (Internet), an internet term for a person who, through willful action, attempts to disrupt a community or garner attention and controversy through provocative messages.

that's the commonly accepted definition of a troll.
    therefore, it doesnt matter if i tell the truth, i will still be a troll if i went to a twilight fangirl forum and said that according to the lore vampires dont sparkle so edward should be named sparklire but not vampire causing the rage of thousand of fangirls :b
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    uum no:
    Troll (Internet), an internet term for a person who, through willful action, attempts to disrupt a community or garner attention and controversy through provocative messages.

therefore, it doesnt matter if i tell the truth, i will still be a troll if i went to a twilight fangirl forum and said that according to the lore vampires dont sparkle so edward should be named sparklire but not vampire causing the rage of thousand of fangirls :b

this is pretty bad definition of troll. those -sure- will try to cause rage, but to make you think, not just for pure fun (tho fun is involved).

those who do it just to make a mess, are neurotic, obvious trolls -read- 16 yrd boys, with need to stroke (...) read: tsuba-troll etc
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    this is pretty bad definition of troll. those -sure- will try to cause rage, but to make you think, not just for pure fun (tho fun is involved).

those who do it just to make a mess, are neurotic, obvious trolls -read- 16 yrd boys, with need to stroke (...) read: tsuba-troll etc

educational trolling? havent heard of it b:avoid
    merry xmas to you too :b
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I started back playing yesterday from a pause/quit (yea on holidays i barely got other things to do)

This is the list of things i did:

- Found out that almost nobody noticed my absence
    - Been oneshotted repeatedly by stealthed random sins that assumed that its only thanks of their ability in playing that they killed me
    - Saw almost every potential cash shopper with rank8 gear and all casual players offline.
    - Saw that 50% of characters online are sins, 30% bms, 10% venos, 5% barbs and 5% all the other classes.
    - Read offensive and harassing phrases on world chat, unpunished as always.
    - Noticed that 1% of the world chat was about searching for nirvana party.
    - Noticed that 98% of the world chat was about searching for APS-only nirvana party.
    - Tried Rebirth Wave 2 BH and been ported out for the usual bug after wasting money on pots and repairs.
    - Decided to wake up, realising that this game is going nowhere, that "YEA, I ACTUALLY WASTED MY TIME FARMING FOR YEARS" and damn it i will just think about having the last fun moments in ganking ppl that hates me while i wait for better non-PWE games b:victory
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlackFlame - Harshlands
    BlackFlame - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    educational trolling? havent heard of it b:avoid
    merry xmas to you too :b

late merry xmas =)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Hot__Lips - Lost City
    Hot__Lips - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    and to think i was going to start playing again...
  • sig1043a
    sig1043a Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I recently tried playing PWI again after a year+ and came to the same realization as to why I quit in the first place. Repetitive bore with no realistic goals. It seems to have gotten worse at that.

I even tried making a new character, an assassin, and the game seems very...how to put it...un-friendly to low players. Maybe it was just because I was playing an assassin, but it was near impossible to find anyone selling equipment less than rank 10. Maybe its because material and item prices are so inflated that lvl 20-40 equipment is just not worth selling to anyone but an NPC (why sell low lvl equipment for >20k when rough fur goes for about 10k each and is stack-able).

In general though, everything is about the same as I remember it. A grindfest, cash-shop-centric game with little substance. Its nice for a quick-mmo-fix between games, but rather disappointing for the amount of effort you put into it.

If you quit for similar reasons as above, it hasn't changed.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well i am online just for the free fash and maybe preparing something for the upcoming race . . b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ExodusKnight - Archosaur
    ExodusKnight - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I still like the game and i've been playing for about 1 year and a half now and YES i was there when 1 gold = 100k but i don't mind it because i hardly buy gold in game or buy gold in general b:pleased
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    uum no:

Quoted for truth.

I'm actually quite surprised some of them haven't been permanently banned from the forums. Several were temp banned once already.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You could always give -removed- a try ^^
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=956012

I have 2 gold passes for anyone that wants to give it a try (the game is free atm) so you get to play for free until they start charging then ya gotta buy the game. I only give passes to those who are really interested and willing to actually try the game.
    Quoted for truth.

I'm actually quite surprised some of them haven't been permanently banned from the forums. Several were temp banned once already.
    LOL....... like you perhaps? The Irony in this is side splitting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Kataguruma - Harshlands
    Kataguruma - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I started back playing yesterday from a pause/quit (yea on holidays i barely got other things to do)

This is the list of things i did
    - Found out that almost nobody noticed my absence
    - Been oneshotted repeatedly by stealthed random sins that assumed that its only thanks of their ability in playing that they killed me
    - Saw almost every potential cash shopper with rank8 gear and all casual players offline.
    - Saw that 50% of characters online are sins, 30% bms, 10% venos, 5% barbs and 5% all the other classes.
    - Read offensive and harassing phrases on world chat, unpunished as always.
    - Noticed that 1% of the world chat was about searching for nirvana party.
    - Noticed that 98% of the world chat was about searching for APS-only nirvana party.
    - Tried Rebirth Wave 2 BH and been ported out for the usual bug after wasting money on pots and repairs.
    - Decided to wake up, realising that this game is going nowhere, that "YEA, I ACTUALLY WASTED MY TIME FARMING FOR YEARS" and damn it i will just think about having the last fun moments in ganking ppl that hates me while i wait for better non-PWE games b:victory

OH NO THE GAME IS DEAD DONT PLAY AT IT!!!!!!!.b:cry

(sarcasm)

did you missed 1.5 years? I think you should listen to the 3 last months thread in forum: QQaps, QQpack, QQ cashshoppers, QQ nix. Do I miss something guys? Sure I do! QQrubberbanding and finally QQBH and oracle, and and and and and ....... HYPERS!!!!!!!

What is funny is they will show very very scientific statistics about the game!
    Noticed that 1% of the world chat was about searching for nirvana party.

Omg on my server... most of worldchat is about : PE***and ******! But I dont waste my time counting these messages to show statistics. And theres more than 1% searching for nirvana. But you will say i dont know that since im not at endgame! But I can still count.
    I work with statistics and, these are not just numbers given randomly.....

Seriously, you will see that a lot of thread will end with ''GAME IS DEAD''...
    It is their opinion but, game is obviously not dead.
    Plus, they are already complaining about seeker which is OVERPOWERED!!!
    But they know it... they played seeker for a long time. And Nirvana is looking now for SEEKER 5 aps only!

So what I'm trying to say is, play the game if you want to, make your own opinion. That will be wayy better!b:victory
  • KandyKItty - Heavens Tear
    KandyKItty - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the game has changed far to much, BHs were introduced (bounty hunter), its basicly an NPC in the middle of arch on that platform, gives you a 3 set quest per day to basicly kill a fb boss, so since your level 70, you will be doing fb59 bosses, when your level 80, you will be doing fb69 bosses and etc, its very easy exp, then at level 80 anyway, you can just do the FC dungeon, buy 5 hypers since there cheap as hell now, put the x12 exp on at certain points and you will be 90 within the week,

eitherway, i would possibly wait till february to come back when the expansion comes out with the new race: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=898402

Juz cuz eezy LVL way, does not mean chu should do dem. Same go fa rep o;
    The game is still pretty much the same, the economy and player attitude has changed greatly though. If you can find a group of good, nice, and fun individuls I say the game is really worth playing again.

Meh love chu for dis
    inb4gameisdead

V
    *Peeks in*

No. The game is dead. And I have no life

Ish dat all chu do? QQ and QQ and QQ? Chu fail at life b:bye . Some stupid 3rd grade drop out dat still QQ about failing third grade? How about chu eat some liver and go bak to chur emo corner? o;
    Trolls have arrived!

Agreed
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sikozu wrote: »
    You could always give FFXIV a try ^^
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=956012

I have 2 gold passes for anyone that wants to give it a try (the game is free atm) so you get to play for free until they start charging then ya gotta buy the game. I only give passes to those who are really interested and willing to actually try the game.

LOL....... like you perhaps? The Irony in this is side splitting.
    Irony? The previous paragraph to that is far more ironic.

Troll moar pl0x. b:pleased
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The game is not dead, it is dead for the people that liked the way it was before but it is good for new and old players who liked this way.

It also looks dead because every body are inside dungeons and map looks empty.

I think before it was better, since you would interact with people better outside the dungeons doing quests than interacting with BH squad.

I hated people ksing my mobs but I kind of miss that now lol, as well as questing while seeing many others questing the same mobs (the place looked busy before)

I returned for a bit to play during the holidays, since the other two games that I'm waiting have not come out yet.

Again, the game is not dead, its just different, I liked more the way it was before.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Trolls have arrived!

Says the 31 Venomancer who probably hasn't played this game for six months yet....?

Game isn't dead. It's on life support. Doctors could save it by removing the Tumorous Packs, and the Festering APS problem....unfortunately, PWE isn't giving consent. The doctors are analyzing that the game doesn't have much time before the infection of New Generation players becomes so great, that the entire thing collapses into a coma that will ultimately lead to its demise.

.....in short, turn around, go the game store, buy WoW. It's worth your money. This isn't.

I can see that Janus and his lovely brand of "QQSTOPQQING" trolls have arrived too. Good, you can take the oneshot Venomancer.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @Kataguruma

I didnt understand what you tried to say... it just seems to me that u totally misunderstood every single intention i had when i wrote that post o.O

Those percentuals are surely not correct and they never meant to be correct! It was just an easy way to tell that everyone search for APS only classes for nirvana. Thats all.

and about... missed 1.5 years? missed QQetc?
    i quit for 1 month only lol

go check my sticky in suggestion box, it tells every single change i would make on PWI if i could. i've always been into these kind of discussions.

I dont get your point b:surrender
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2010

Says who? b:scorn

Barbarians aren't going extinct. Rather, they pick some people who they know will be there whenever they need them and choose to run strictly with them. Also, barbarians aren't buff goons b:mischievous. Many of us (me included) would rather not go on a run than be useful for just our buffs.b:surrender

And on a side note...stop the trolling! b:angry
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Irony? The previous paragraph to that is far more ironic.

Troll moar pl0x. b:pleased
    LOL cant think of anything els better to say than to copy what I had already pointed out about you. I see no irony in my post, nor did I ever claim to be any better than anyone els on this forum. You tho, you seem to think your the needle in a haystack. That is why I find you so ironic. Much less hypocritical to say in the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys,

As you can see i am a lvl 70 Barbarian. I used to be a tank.
    like 1.5 years ago i quit playing.
    Today i started thinking about it, how would it be like..
    Is it worth playing again or has it changed too much?

I'd like to hear ur opinion!

Yeah its worth playing as a barb you get pampered :o other classes not really unless your lvl 100 xD and have money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
This discussion has been closed.