Summer sprint is faster than my mount...

Options
Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
Why do i run faster than my lv 30 flying mount? This is very very stupid on the GM's part.

In addition this is the LOWEST level of the sprint skill that STILL outruns the flying mount, this mount is POINTLESS for venos.
Post edited by Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    fair enough. try running up high enough in the air to get some of your quests done for air mobs then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Vorken - Archosaur
    Vorken - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Except that flying mounts ignore terrain (no problems with rivers or cliffs) and if you fly at a high altitude you won't be hassled with mobs. This means that you can set a destination and then do other things for a while (check email, chat, cook dinner).
  • Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
    Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    fair enough. try running up high enough in the air to get some of your quests done for air mobs then

1. I have no air quests

2. IF i get any they will not come up OFTEN enough to jusitify calling this mount useful in any sense.
    Except that flying mounts ignore terrain (no problems with rivers or cliffs) and if you fly at a high altitude you won't be hassled with mobs. This means that you can set a destination and then do other things for a while (check email, chat, cook dinner).

This is probably a more sensible answer, i understand that this can be useful however i still think they should upgrade the speed of this mount for venos/barb or remove it alltogether as our speed buff > this mount.
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    get air quest at lvl 30,40,50,60,80,70,90
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    flying mounts can go from point a to point b in a straight line while ignoring everything in between, including mobs. that's really their one huge, overriding advantage. (well, that and being able to get to places like heaven's tear... aerogear not useful? wait until seemingly every last one of your culti quests has you talk to the heaven's tear taoist. there's no jumping up to there.)

the for-free, level-30 aerogear sucks rocks for all races, though. slower than dirt, a prime candidate for cashshopping yourself something better. it's probably a form of teaser offer, really, like the level-40 supply stash mount very blatantly is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1. I have no air quests

2. IF i get any they will not come up OFTEN enough to jusitify calling this mount useful in any sense.

Lol. You sir need to go read the quest guides and see just how often you have to fly later in the game.

IF (big IF) you ever make it to 40, in order to get your Bounty Hunter Quests, you HAVE to FLY up to a platform in Archosaur to talk to the npc to get the quest up to 3 times a day. Good luck without aerogear.

If the manta is too slow for you then don't use it and enjoy the game at ground level. Alternatively BUY a faster one. The free one is to ensure that EVERYONE can complete their quests. Cash shop alternatives are available for those who wish to go places faster. That is the nature of an F2P game - you pay for the extras!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Fastest doesn't mean quickest.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Novocaine - Harshlands
    Novocaine - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You dont like to run faster? lol
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why do i run faster than my lv 30 flying mount? .

LOL.....wait until you hit lvl 90 and go demon...summer + fox form and you become a mountb:chuckle..I run at 10msb:laugh
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    and with some +0.xxm/s equipment you can reach 10.5m/s or even 11.0m/s (which is the max I believe). My current one is 10.5m/s and I barely use my Quick Sika Reindeer now ha ha.

To the OP...
    The flying mounts are not mounts to make you go faster, to reach your destination quicker. The flying mounts are there to help you reach places that you naturally cannot without one such as Heaven's Tear. There are also cliffs, high rocks, big lakes that you either can't avoid or it takes forever to go around.
    Ground mounts are faster than flying mounts because they were designed to be fast. Look at the speed ground mounts offer and look at the speed flying mounts offer.

Summer sprint makes your flying mount go faster. Use it while flying, though if it's low level right now, you will not see much of a difference. You can also stack it with the Archer's speed buff and that's where the difference starts being more visible. Because flying mounts add speed to your current one (notice it says +0.50m/s) the above are possible. Remember that it doesn't work with transforming into Tiger/Fox. It only works with the speed buffs of Venomancers and Archers.
    You can also get a Discipline, its starter skill it a speed buff for flying mounts.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Summer sprint makes your flying mount go faster. Use it while flying, though if it's low level right now, you will not see much of a difference. You can also stack it with the Archer's speed buff and that's where the difference starts being more visible. Because flying mounts add speed to your current one (notice it says +0.50m/s) the above are possible. Remember that it doesn't work with transforming into Tiger/Fox. It only works with the speed buffs of Venomancers and Archers.

That isn't true, I tested it with a friend and it didn't make me any faster. We both used our starter aerogear. And I was the only one using a speed buff (summer sprint).

If this was true it would mean clerics and wizards would fly at a speed of 5.3m/s (initial speed 4.8 + 0.5), while venomancers would fly at 5.6m/s (initial speed 5.1 + 0.5)

Summer sprint lvl 1 would mean 5.9 + 0.5 which makes 6.4m/s which would almost equal a flying mount of +1.

All flying mounts are based on 5.0 + the speed of the mount. Else this would give an unfair advantage over the other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That isn't true, I tested it with a friend and it didn't make me any faster. We both used our starter aerogear. And I was the only one using a speed buff (summer sprint).

If this was true it would mean clerics and wizards would fly at a speed of 5.3m/s (initial speed 4.8 + 0.5), while venomancers would fly at 5.6m/s (initial speed 5.1 + 0.5)

Summer sprint lvl 1 would mean 5.9 + 0.5 which makes 6.4m/s which would almost equal a flying mount of +1.

All flying mounts are based on 5.0 + the speed of the mount. Else this would give an unfair advantage over the other classes.
    I'll have to re-test that again, I guess. Though I really was flying faster when I had summer sprint and archer buff on and I'm fairly sure it wasn't my imagination b:chuckle That didn't happen just once either as I used to play with an archer everyday so I could see the difference. I had/have a Swiftshadow. Not sure if that played a role.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When you're buffed with something, particles stream off your character, creating contrast between you and the background. This often gives you the feeling that you're moving faster than normal, even if you're not.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's not making you goes faster . .
    which why they creating special skills exclusive for flying speed boost
    like genie skill or psychic skill . .

Though i heard before that barbarian can make it faster by changing their form ? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's not making you goes faster . .
    which why they creating special skills exclusive for flying speed boost
    like genie skill or psychic skill . .

Though i heard before that barbarian can make it faster by changing their form ? b:surrender

You answered your own question. No, it doesnt make a difference.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Oh I see..so that's why I was flying faster. Too bad, it seemed cool ha ha.
    Thank you very much for the information ^_^
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Last I knew, Wizard's Distance Shrink works in flight.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.