Axe/Hammer build question

Sulvein - Sanctuary
Sulvein - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Blademaster
Was looking at the guide and have decided to go with axe/hammer build. Wanted you to see if this build would work or if its waisting points:

Every 2 levels 7str 1vit 2dex or should I follow the standard

Every 2 levels 6str 2vit 2dex or 6str 1vit 3dex

Was just curious as I do not want to mess this up. I will focus on hammer's and axes. Nothing else. Thanks to those whome reply. :)
Post edited by Sulvein - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sulvein - Sanctuary
    Sulvein - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Anyone?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It's a question of your personal preference. I went fist/sword/axe. That is what I wanted.

If you want more vit, go with more vit.

If I were making a Tank/Axe only BM, I sure as hell would go more vit, less dex, keep as much Str as possible.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Flugal - Sanctuary
    Flugal - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah that would work fine, youll hit harder but youll have less hp. If you kill stuff fast it shouldn't matter much, but then you go into pvp... But to answer just that question you'd be able to use your axes so your good.
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Any of those builds will do, but you probably won't be needed to put in more than 2 dex per 2 levels. After that, as some have mentioned, figure out how much vitality is important to you. You're likely to be using Calamity Axes (lvl 70 mold axes) which have the sacrificial strike effect (double dmg at the cost of losing 5% total hp) so it would help to have the extra vit. And once you DO get those axes (because anyone weilding axes will, most likely) you'll never want another axe unless it has that effect xP