Typical age range of PWI Players?

Options
Sheikah - Raging Tide
Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, so I was reading/discussing in another thread about some things and one thing that came up was age of the players here. So, I'm curious what what is the typical age range of players here, And in my pursuit to get a rough estimate I made this thread.

So, I ask you good people:what is the typical age range of PWI players?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sheikah - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'd say mid 10s to mid 30's?

I've met very few under the age of 15, and met several players that are even over 50.

20 here and bf is 19 if you wanna count us lol
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I am 23 and my gf is 29.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    mhm I gues there isn't really an age range.
    I met ppl from 10 years old till over 50. It's hard to tell really also because I gues a lot of people lie about their age.
    I gues though most ppl are between 16 and 40 really... still a large scale but most ppl I have met are between that age...
    I am almost 18 now, most friends I have here range from 16 till 20, a couple of them are younger, a couple of them are older...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The given ranges to vote on are waaaaay to narrow.

Overall id guess that 15-25 is probably the most common range, although strangly there are quite a huge amount of older people who play (I mean like 40+ :O) as well as plenty of little kids.

Probably 50% of players are between 15 - 25 imo.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pedobear is lurking the forums.b:shocked
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Most of my friends in-game are in their 30s. I'm only 18 though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The given ranges to vote on are waaaaay to narrow.

Well, I was going for a "Kids vs Adults" type thing, to get an idea of how many players are kids and how many are Adults or which category player base might bigger.

And see what people thought PWI is ruled mainly by: Kids or do Adults out weigh the Kids?

I personally think a good half are Adults at the very least, that's my hypothesis anyway lol:)

Plus its a multiple choice poll so people can pick more then one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Well, I was going for a "Kids vs Adults" type thing, to get an idea of how many players are kids and how many are Adults or which category player base might bigger.

And see what people thought PWI is ruled mainly by: Kids or do Adults out weigh the Kids?

I personally think a good half are Adults at the very least, that's my hypothesis anyway lol:)

Plus its a multiple choice poll so people can pick more then one.

mhm that depends o.o if I look at it like what ppl would like this game, or read world chat.

I gues more adults play this game really.. and that most of the kids are QQing on world chat... which makes it look like there's more of them...
    (I count the immature QQ-ing omg-he-pked-me-ur-a-noob-adults among the adults as kids :x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah, there tend to be more Adults that play then people tend realize. They see the word game and think there must tons of kids and none to hardly any Adults lol

I've in other mmos seen kids amazed when they find out Adults play mmos, lol When they hear I'm 21 they occasionally were like: b:shocked (not so much in this game though), I play this one social browser game with my Mom and when the kids find out shes 58 and my Mom their like b:shocked "Your joking!?" and we're like nope it's really true lol It's always so funny though haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Pedobear is lurking the forums.b:shocked

b:cry Curses! Foiled again!

>.> (I'm only kidding, I'm turning 19 in April.)
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sorry but this poll is inaccurate for two reasons:
    Number one the age range 25+ is way to large compared to the other age ranges, even though from some teenager's view all that is beyond 25 might seem on the edge of withering away... it's not like that.
    And number two with this poll you will only find out what age range reads the forums the most.

b:bye
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sorry but this poll is inaccurate for two reasons:
    Number one the age range 25+ is way to large compared to the other age ranges, even though from some teenager's view all that is beyond 25 might seem on the edge of withering away... it's not like that.
    And number two with this poll you will only find out what age range reads the forums the most.

b:bye

1. I figured there are less 30 and over people hence no particular group for those people. Besides do you realize how infinite the poll choices could go? There are people who live to one hundred you know and I think 20+ poll options is a bit much lol

2. I said rough estimate in the post (try reading maybe?) and this can also be peoples thoughts on what they think the common age range is (not necessarily each posters age), your point would be valid only if I had said something like: "everyone on the forum tell me your age" then yes it would be limited to the forum age range. Either way getting a forum opinion is better then nothing to go by at all.

This for me is an experiment of sorts, for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao_Ren - Lost City
    Ao_Ren - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I really think that it's more so maturity level than age you need to ask here since I know a few people that claim to be 20+ and act that bratty 5 year old who didn't get their favorite toy on Christmas and are in a bad mood 24/7...

15 here and so far NOBODY I've ever met has guessed I'm under 20~ I feel old... Hell I've played a LOT of games too trust me...

EDIT: Most of my friends (*Cough* all of them *Cough*) outside of school have been 20+ and most of my friends that play PWI are 20~28 so I'd say I'd go with the 18-25+ brackets...
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    20 here, however, I've been playing this game on and off since highschool>,>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Evict - Harshlands
    Evict - Harshlands Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    18, with the maturity level of a 3 year old. :)
    Quote - Born_Free - Harshlands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Except me. b:chuckle
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    18, with the maturity level of a 3 year old. :)

quoted for truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I doubt the biggest cash shoppers in this game are kids. I've heard of some rather shady ****, like one 13 year old from Australia jacking his sick uncle's wallet and charging zen with it (admitted by his own aunt who played), but those extreme examples aside, I would say most are probably late teens / young adults (18-25) able to charge zen on a part time job. Others are teens who just pass the time by, and there are a decent amount of adults too.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:bye 21
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    14, sometime I even forgot my age, feeling like old people, especially now my skin is kind of dry...

And I don't even put a cent into mmo, need to save up money for future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    From what it seems, A lot of "in college" people are sticking around to play. I do know quite a few older (married couples irl) & few pre teens though.
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm 41

Been playing since a little after the start

My RL daughter (she's 21) got me playing.

My RL son also plays (20)

I'll let them tell you who they are although anyone who knows me fairly well in game, knows who they are xD

My in game husband is older than me .....

But the people I talk to and are friends with in game are mostly 19-25 ish.

I get told I don't act like my age ( the bribes worked!) and can be as silly as the rest of them when needed :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm 41

I'll let them tell you who they are although anyone who knows me fairly well in game, knows who they are xD

I get told I don't act like my age ( the bribes worked!) and can be as silly as the rest of them when needed :)
    What guild are you in by chance? Are they recruiting? ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    19, still not studying, working instead.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    19, still not studying, working instead.

I let peoples avatars blind me too much, I thought you were like 40 lol. (As per your old BM Avie).

I never did state my age. Im 19 b:victory too pro for skool, too clever to work, but not rich enough to avoid college b:surrender
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm 41

It's funny your daughter getting you to play reminds of what I and my sister (shes 23) did lol.
    We talked our Mom in Joining Facebook with us (even though she was reluctant to do so^^) as well has a social browser game we play, it's funny because my sister is actually in the process of trying to talk her in to getting on PWI too xD.

Soo, after seeing this I'm installing PWI on my other comp like sis wanted lol because now I want Mom on here too!

It's too bad your not on RT if we did manage to finally get her on here shes not much older then you (58). So, you maybe could be encouragement to get and keep her on here, since this would prove to her there's people her age and if you can play it she certainly should be able to master it fairly well (right now she doubts she'd be good at it lol) :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satalia - Heavens Tear
    Satalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @sikozu

I'm in Liberate on Heaven's Tear. Founder member, we wanted a place we could be relaxed in with like minded people ^^ Breath_Taker is the leader, send him a message xD

@Sheikah

LOL yer get her playing, there's a lot more 'older' people than most realise I think. I tend to take everyone on how they act and level of maturity rather than real age. I'll hate the 35 year old idiot and foul mouthed 40 year old, but love the mature clever 21 year old.

Age is irrelevant, mental attitude and level of maturity is! xD

Don't get me wrong though, I can give as good as I get if need be, but basically, I came here to play with my family (as she live a distance away, it's nice to talk and play a game together) and to meet like minded folks. So far, it's worked!

AS to learning to play and being able to, tbh it's not Rocket Science and if I picked it up I'm sure she can. Show her the guides and help and she'll be fine, I'm sure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @sikozu

I'm in Liberate on Heaven's Tear. Founder member, we wanted a place we could be relaxed in with like minded people ^^ Breath_Taker is the leader, send him a message xD

@Sheikah

LOL yer get her playing, there's a lot more 'older' people than most realise I think. I tend to take everyone on how they act and level of maturity rather than real age. I'll hate the 35 year old idiot and foul mouthed 40 year old, but love the mature clever 21 year old.

Age is irrelevant, mental attitude and level of maturity is! xD

Don't get me wrong though, I can give as good as I get if need be, but basically, I came here to play with my family (as she live a distance away, it's nice to talk and play a game together) and to meet like minded folks. So far, it's worked!

AS to learning to play and being able to, tbh it's not Rocket Science and if I picked it up I'm sure she can. Show her the guides and help and she'll be fine, I'm sure!

I know she can, my sister knows she can, its getting her to believe it! lol Shes convinced shes not computer savvy and is poor at games (which is so not true, shes beaten me at Mario party on the wii before! On exactly the games she says "shes no good at" xD ) lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I let peoples avatars blind me too much, I thought you were like 40 lol. (As per your old BM Avie).

I never did state my age. Im 19 b:victory too pro for skool, too clever to work, but not rich enough to avoid college b:surrender

Yes, that's why I changed my avatar to an archer one :x Can't get him bald tho b:cry Still young anyway :X

I lol'd
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yep most of the rude insensitive immature players are non other than that ones over 30 -.-....
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Once you've viewed my thread might as well check out this copycat's thread b:chuckle:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=955352
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]