Why the PVE hate against archers?

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Archer
I've been playing my Archer a lot lately. Gone from level 37 to level 50, just doing quests, over the past 6 days, I've done BH29, um, once.

I was at the Mines near Arch, and a veno started following me around. As I started shooting mobs, they would send their pet out at the same mobs. I really didn't care, because I had forgotten to do this particular quest, so was slightly over-leveled for it, and had a Moonlight Bow, two sockets, +2, making the mobs 4, or 5 shots at most, not using skills, and the Veno's pet was geting in one hit before they died. So I started using Knockback arrow to keep their pet from getting a hit, just for giggles, and this moron starts flaming me for kill stealing. o.O WTF? Sooo... I switch to a crappy bow I keep for giggles, shoot a mob once, then walk to stop attack, and the pet takes aggro. I switch back to Moonlight bow, and go to a different mob. Veno attacks my new mob using Venemous Scarab. b:shocked Then the pet dies, and the mob kills the veno. And suddenly, I'm getting whispered messages that were mostly censored. I jumped up and down on the veno's corpse until they released.

Maybe an hour later, I was outside Secret passage, and a Barb, who was the LEADER of A Faction shows up. He stands down by the Ossien Guards, and again, waits for me to shoot one, then runs at it to try to kill it... I started using Knockback arrow so he only hit one mob once... I peeked at his gear, it was all TT70 gear. b:sad He tried to KS me 12 times at least, and didn't get even one of them... I was more amused than anything else, that he was so fail at something he wanted to do so badly.

And later that day, a Wiz starts doing the same, watches me, and when I start pew-pewing a mob, attacks it. Only this one was good, and was able to hit these mobs for more than half with one shot... But the channel time was too long so I was able to get the credit for almost all of them except when I missed.

I've got more of these stories of people trying to KS, but I think that gets the idea across. WTF is up with this? Why would you try to KS the one class that would seem to be the hardest to do?

At least if I see someone else channeling on a mob, I'll start pounding esc and hold down a movement key to abort my attack on the mob. =\ Or does gaming etiquette not exist anymore?
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    best performance - means you dont see other players - ever consider they might be thinking the same about you ksing them. there are two sides to every story.

mines are always a ks fest and always will be. you just have to accept it or get mad at your computer screen.

btw naming and shaming is not permitted. i would edit you post where you are refering to leader of a faction. before mod edits it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    best performance - means you dont see other players - ever consider they might be thinking the same about you ksing them. there are two sides to every story.

mines are always a ks fest and always will be. you just have to accept it or get mad at your computer screen.

btw naming and shaming is not permitted. i would edit you post where you are refering to leader of a faction. before mod edits it for you.

Irrelevant if I move to a different spot and they follow me. And I don't shoot any mobs, move to a different spot, and they follow me. Then I go back to my first spot, and they follow me.

Which is what happened at the mines.

And is what happened at Secret passage entrance.

And that faction is apparently full of people who are simply playing just to grief. Faction mates reported that all the people do in that particular faction is KS.

As for mods editing my post... Eh. Edited. Every single person from that faction needs banned.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • xposed1
    xposed1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think the problem is more you being on a PVE server. I've never been ksed by anyone for long on lc. Theres no real point to it anyway since its much better to squad people and finish the quest faster.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I noticed that where ever I land to grind on spiders, anyone nearby eventually leaves. It's not that I KS, but nobody has a chance to really get off the first shot.

Sounds like you know what you are doing, but people just don't like you, for some reason.
    edited December 2010
    I've got one of each class, plus a HA veno. I'm kinda past the point of squadding random people. Also got tired of squadding some random person, and having to waste 20 minutes asking them what mobs they need, because they wouldn't answer, or help with killing mobs.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sounds like a group is following you. are they in the same faction? :b
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Maybe the recent archosaur assault events and wraith attacks have triggered some hate for archers in pve...LOL im being totally serious. No one likes archers in those events except the people who are squadded with them :p

if you have no problem getting kills on mobs even when idiots attempt to ks, dont even worry about it just carry on and they will eventually realize it is a lost cause..and if they are too dumb to even realize that, even more reason to laugh at them when they fail.

Now if you were playing a barb when this happened...b:surrender
    edited December 2010
    Maybe the recent archosaur assault events and wraith attacks have triggered some hate for archers in pve...LOL im being totally serious. No one likes archers in those events except the people who are squadded with them :p

if you have no problem getting kills on mobs even when idiots attempt to ks, dont even worry about it just carry on and they will eventually realize it is a lost cause..and if they are too dumb to even realize that, even more reason to laugh at them when they fail.

Now if you were playing a barb when this happened...b:surrender

lol Some of this happened before friday, actually most of it. I can understand the occasional accidental KS, in fact, a higher level (think endgame) cleric KSed me earlier on my Sin. He apologized, and buffed me. :) I was in no way pissed, even before the apology. ;)

But yeah, if I can keep the kill, then I don't care if someone 'assists' me. Especially a barb. Which seems to be the most common class that has been trying to KS me lately.

If I see a barb, I usually give them space, since well... It SUCKS killing mobs alone on a barb. b:sad

And yeah, there's a Griefer faction on Sanctuary now. Don't see them very often, thankfully, but they hang out in lower level areas and just KS.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Eh, at the low levels I always offer to squad just about everyone around because the mob experience is such a small fraction of the quest experience.

If they don't take my squad invite and I kill faster than there are mobs in my "share" of the area I do KS them. I was willing to share the kill, I'm trying to quest, if they don't want to party then they can wait for me to finish my quest and leave. My point is either kill faster, leave, or squad up.

I find less and less people willing to squad with others when I'm usually just trying to help them quest or grind. I think alot of people assume I want to squad to leech, or that I will take 1/2 their exp. If I remember correctly the exp penalty for a second person in level range is 25%. Kill twice as many mobs and then have that reduced by 25% that's 150% more exp than one person killing alone.

Of course, sometimes its just veno's grinding to level their pet and their pet only gets the experience from what it kills, so they want to solo. Which I can understand.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    thread starter archer agroo them b:chuckle
    hm hm basically they just want to grief it seems
    or their lazy level already beyond 9000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • SingleMalt - Raging Tide
    SingleMalt - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My point is either kill faster, leave, or squad up

YES! PVE doesn't hate archers; some players do hate them.
    When I play with my archer I cannot find squads easily so play
    solo most of the time however I get squad invites when someone
    needs to kill like 60 mobs or want to do TT or BH. Very strange, but
    always willing to help. Had some problems in the past (when I played
    as a low level archer) with players stealing my kills but now stealing
    is almost impossible for them.

At least if I see someone else channeling on a mob, I'll start pounding esc and hold down a movement key to abort my attack on the mob

I'll always press the ESC but wrote down a few
    player-names for a personal blacklist. If I see them I will
    go for the kill. Love the hate-chats that follows =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Eh, at the low levels I always offer to squad just about everyone around because the mob experience is such a small fraction of the quest experience.

If they don't take my squad invite and I kill faster than there are mobs in my "share" of the area I do KS them. I was willing to share the kill, I'm trying to quest, if they don't want to party then they can wait for me to finish my quest and leave. My point is either kill faster, leave, or squad up.

I agree with you so much on this, at low lvl's if ppl are killing same mobs as me I'll send a squad invite. If they decline it, I kill mobs around me at my pace with little consideration to them. If they kill faster then me... I get a high lvl to come 1 hit everything in the area b:shutup
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I've always had this theory that many other classes (particularly melee classes) are far too focused on what's going on immediately in front of them, and fail to check the sides of their screen for ranged classes (especially archers). :P Then when the archer gets off the first shot, the BM/Veno/etc. suddenly notices it hit right before them, having never noticed the archer before. Then come the claims of KSing, the unnecessary swearing, etc. etc.

I dunno how true it is, but it always seemed that way back when I was at the mines. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).