Is there a timer to check how long your characters were on since last update?

Options
Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear
Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
My game allways crash overnight when I leave to char in arch to sell something and wait for the 10 hour period! Would be nice if there was a way to check the online time of the characters since the last update!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]That my veno. b:bye
Post edited by Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Its easyon pn a PVE server, well for me it was. I turned on PVP mode. Its timer is ten hours. When I was able to turn blue again I knew I had my ten hours.

But no there is no official timer. You can time yourself too. Write down the time you sign on and the time you sign off. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear
    Urdthedevil - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    it would work perfect if the game does not crash, because I trying to get my alts to have 10h. But thats true, I could turn pvp on for 10h, just have to make sure to stay in town!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]That my veno. b:bye
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    That's actually a clever solution gwenb:bored
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • ruffian7
    ruffian7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    This is quite a valid question. When I first read it in another thread, I was like: "lol, grab a watch, a pen and a piece of paper and write it down". However, after I logged in, wrote the start time down and left, I came back to a dced screen. Now, I know this is my sucky internet and "QQ moar, get new internetz" and all, but it can be annoying. That idea with turning PK on is decent, but what if one is on a PvP server like me? Go pk and go red until you have 10 hours on your timer, and then when you go white you will know? Nah, thank you. I appreciate the present, but I wish that you could log in to a web page and see how long you were on for with a certain char, or maybe make it a timed quest like the teacher one...
  • Aio - Lost City
    Aio - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Or if you aren't on a carebear server go find 5 white names to kill and voila!
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just add 10 hrs to the first hour you're logged in..

If you log in at 7am... you reach ten hours at 5pm.. =/

Learn how to tell time. PWI is making you all stupid.
  • ruffian7
    edited December 2010
    Options

The only stupid in this thread is you. I'm sorry to announce it, but PWI made you unable to read. Please, try and re-read what was said in the OP post, as well as mine and then decide to post. Thank you. Come again.
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ruffian7 wrote: »
    The only stupid in this thread is you. I'm sorry to announce it, but PWI made you unable to read. Please, try and re-read what was said in the OP post, as well as mine and then decide to post. Thank you. Come again.

This.

10char
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

and if you dc between 7am to 5pm ? =/
    how to check when you dc ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You do the attendance sheet quest 10 times and you'll have 10 hours, since each quest is timed for 1 hour you just have to do it 1 time for the 10 days we have and you got your timer b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • ruffian7
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You do the attendance sheet quest 10 times and you'll have 10 hours, since each quest is timed for 1 hour you just have to do it 1 time for the 10 days we have and you got your timer b:surrender

Now this is an actual idea. I came up with this as well, but... (I forgot my but.. lol) Oh, yea! Well, this is as close as one will get I believe, though some are unable to log in for 10 days straight and would prefer to mass do it in 1-2 days. Also, due to the time zone difference, some people were unable to do log in on the 22nd (noon is night at some places)...

I'm kinda nitpicking, but I know how malicious computers and internet can be:)

Too much Christmas alcohol :P

Thank you for the suggestion, Kui.b:thanks