Aside from crafting, how would I get decent armour?

lupinemoon90
lupinemoon90 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
My level 60 cleric is still using level 30 blesser robes. They are the only armour I have been able to find that increases his attack, by boosting the magic stat.
I don't craft, I've never had the patience for crafting and honestly find it confusing. My cleric is more combat oriented, not so much looking to boost defense as to increase attack. What should i look for? And what about stat boosting cleric weapons for my level?
Post edited by lupinemoon90 on

Comments

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Quests always reward decent armor. Also, check the Auction House. You -should- be trying to increase defense, because if I was in a group with a cleric that got oneshot every time a mob poked him, I'd be pretty miffed. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • lupinemoon90
    edited December 2010
    Always figured the best defense was a good offense, and that as a cleric I can heal myself mid fight, but if that's not possible i could plume shell and run away XD...
  • Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
    Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You can get the best gear in the game from the cash shop, no need to bother crafting or doing any sort of endgame instances.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Always figured the best defense was a good offense, and that as a cleric I can heal myself mid fight, but if that's not possible i could plume shell and run away XD...

the best defense is a good offense, but if you're in a group, the cleric will almost never be the best offensive player, so the cleric is there to heal the people that are. if you get hit, and plumeshell and run and leave everyone to fight without heals, you're not doing a very good job.

if your a "full attack cleric" or a "paladin (lol)" then its best to let the squad know before you start whatever dungeon the squad is doing, so they can boot you and find a cleric who wants to be a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I don't craft, I've never had the patience for crafting and honestly find it confusing. My cleric is more combat oriented, not so much looking to boost defense as to increase attack. What should i look for? And what about stat boosting cleric weapons for my level?
    Boosting your attack an extra 5-10% isn't going to be as effective at offense as boosting your defense an extra 20-30%, and then being able to stand there and spam attack spells with no fear of dying.

The best place to find good gear is the AH. People will sell 2-star or better equipment for dirt-cheap.
    the best defense is a good offense, but if you're in a group, the cleric will almost never be the best offensive player, so the cleric is there to heal the people that are.
    Nah, the best defense is a good defense. I've never been impressed by watching the front 4 members of whatever random squad I'm in get wiped repeatedly by an AOE or two, while me and my girlfriend's Veno have to wait for them to get rezzed again and again and again.

Sure, their offense is great, too bad they're lying around dead and unable to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sasha and Warren are good examples of how differently people play lol.

I personally would agree with Sasha- most of the time I could live an entire instance with 1hp, because whatever I attack can never attack me back.

But then that's why I'm a wizard and Warren is a barb. Is either view better than the other? No, it's all about you as a player.

Though I will say I agree with him that your armor should be suited for defense and not offense. You can stack heals on yourself all day long, but that isnt worth **** if you get 1 shot.
  • lupinemoon90
    edited December 2010
    Killan, i think your post was pretty helpful; i got myself armour for my level, no stat boosting, but i figure in combination with my buffs magic attacks at least won't hurt as much.
    Physical attacks are still gonna be a problem though, hopefully i can survive a couple blows on 1770 hp, and what ever the tank can give me with his buffs :P.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Here is typical armor progression..

lvl 0-4x NPC / Quest armor (unrefined unsocketed)
    lvl 5x-6x decent 3star armor from FB/AH, start socketing some average citrine
    lvl 7x-8x legendary mold armor, get like +2/3 with flawless
    lvl 9x TT90 armor, +4/5 with immacs/flawless
    lvl 10x R8/R9/nirvana, max it out

There isn't really any good armor before 7x so don't worry too much about that stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    um rank 4 body with channeling? there's plenty of molds under 70 that are great.. dragon scale pants then hades or w/e pants after that... crystal headress at 59.... a Nature's breath Neck is great, pshysical defense neck ADN 7 mp recovery and MORE defense. That's just some i have or had off the top of my head.