Random Pigments To Dye Clothes

Options
Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver
Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
OK well so far I almost have enough random pigments for my outfit event that I will get on the 1st week on Jan. Now I have a question with all my 23 random pigments I get from my DQ points will it make my whole outfit in one whole random color for the whole set or separate colors for each piece? b:puzzled
Post edited by Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mr_B - Dreamweaver
    Mr_B - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if you go to the north seamstress in arch you will more than likely get all black and yes it diew all one colour but you must dye as a set ok
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK well so far I almost have enough random pigments for my outfit event that I will get on the 1st week on Jan. Now I have a question with all my 23 random pigments I get from my DQ points will it make my whole outfit in one whole random color for the whole set or separate colors for each piece? b:puzzled

If you dye them all as a set, theyl random as the same colour.

Say :

Top 1 pigment, legs 2, boots 1, wrists 3

7 pigments to dye seperately. But theyd be random of different colours.

Youd need to go to the seamstress with 14 pigments and put the clothes in as a set to random them the same colour all over :)
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To random a complete set you need twice as many pigments. So if the entire set calls for ten, you need 20.
  • Lexie_Angel - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK thank you guys I almost have 23 so I just have to pick full set dye then and thank you so much b:thanks b:chuckle
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK thank you guys I almost have 23 so I just have to pick full set dye then and thank you so much b:thanks b:chuckle

You need 46 pigments to dye the full set.
    b:dirty
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No its 23 for the whole set <_< GM Frankieraye told me for the outfit iIget for 1st week on Jan for staying on for 10 hrs total your wrong b:surrender
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    No its 23 for the whole set <_< GM Frankieraye told me for the outfit iIget for 1st week on Jan for staying on for 10 hrs total your wrong b:surrender

Yeah, its 23 total for the set. But to DYE all the pieces as one (To get them all the same colour) It takes double the amount, so its 46.

Unless you plan to random each piece and hope they come out the same colour, youl be needing double the dyes.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wait for the outfit set for the event thing I need 23 pigments in total right? In order for to dye my whole outfit I need 23 pigments so I need 23 random pigments to dye it in one color when I dye the whole thing 14 the top 6 legs and 3 feet so I need 23 for the whole set right..?!
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I guess what theyre saying Lexie, is that the seamstress gives an option to dye the entire set in the same random color.

Choosing this option however will cost you double the amount of dyes. So say an entire set requires 23 dyes in total to color each piece one at a time. if you use the complete set option, all pieces of that set are automatically colored in the same random color but would take 46 dyes.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So your saying that I cant dye my whole set with my 23 random pigments in 1 full random color and that I need to buy said like 23 white pigments I can dye it fully white right? But for my random pigments I need 46 to random dye it one random color full...?b:surrender
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So your saying that I cant dye my whole set with my 23 random pigments in 1 full random color and that I need to buy said like 23 white pigments I can dye it fully white right? But for my random pigments I need 46 to random dye it one random color full...?b:surrender

Yes.

23 Pure White Pigments to individually dye each piece separately to white.

23 Random Pigments to individually dye each piece, you might end up with different colors per piece.

46 Random Pigments to dye the whole set the same one random color.
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

If you use a specific color dye, yeah you can get away with just 23 of them, since dying each of the pieces separately won't hurt any thing since it's a set color pigment.

Specific colored dyes do cost more then random I think though....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK so might as well buy the pure white pigments in the boutique then since they are on sale its just that idk if the free fashion gift I get for the 10hrs to get on the 1st week of Jan comes in 1 full color set or just each piece comes out in a different color thats all b:surrender
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    OK so might as well buy the pure white pigments in the boutique then since they are on sale its just that idk if the free fashion gift I get for the 10hrs to get on the 1st week of Jan comes in 1 full color set or just each piece comes out in a different color thats all b:surrender

They'll come out in random colors for each piece.

If you really want your set in pure white, then buying the 23 white pigments will be cheaper than gambling with the 46 pigments per try (you won't even get the pure white color with randoms anyway; and unless you're pretty lucky you won't even get a color close to white, black is a lot more common).