Archer: Worth it?

kswizzled
kswizzled Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Archer
So, hey guys. I've been playing for a few days, and since I started playing MMOs in general, I've always picked Archer.
My archer is lvl 28 right now, so obviously it doesn't deal THAT much damage or anything. But I've always heard that archers are awesome near 70, and I would love to stick to it till then.

but.

I just read a guide that says archers peak at 70, and its downhill from there. Is that true? I don't really want to stick with this character if its endgame sucks. I'd rather go with another class that is consistently good. Gah. Thoughts?

thanks xx
Post edited by kswizzled on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    They're alright endgame. Don't know what else I can say. :s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • kswizzled
    edited December 2010
    thanks for the reply. In your opinion is it worth sticking it out till the end, or should I just create another character before I waste too much time on the anticlimatic archer? :/
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Archers are fun to play, we are also very versatile. Roll a wizzy or a sin if you want, but the fun for me isn't owning in PK or any sort of PvP, but playing a class that I actually enjoy.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    What do you expect to be doing at endgame?

Personally I didnt find any other class as interesting/enjoyable as the archer.
  • kswizzled
    edited December 2010
    :D

I've never really been good at PVP, so I don't have any real liking towards it.
    I've never found any class as fun as archers, since melee classes bore me to death and I've never had the patience with mages.

Normally, I would never doubt sticking with an archer till the end.. But a lot of people have been telling me its too anticlimatic to stick with :/ so i'm not too sure anymore
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Since youre more of a PVE person and dont care too much about PVP, I would say archers do just fine at endgame.

You would just need to ensure to adapt to changes in anyway possible. Endgame archers do tend to use fists/claws more often against certain bosses due to the insane dps they can achieve (which also costs a tonne of money/coins). However this is not something you need to worry about until the early 90s.

Till date archers are the only ranged physical damage dealing class with 4 AoE skills (including a max hp reduction skill which almost everybody loves).

All in all, a very versatile class which does pretty well in all areas depending on how much you put into it.

As for the comment on slow decline....thats primarily meant for PVP and not PVE.
  • MrSnipe - Raging Tide
    MrSnipe - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I love my archer ;3 in PvE all i have to do is to use normal attack rly 1 crit and the mob usually dont hit me b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a sniping CAT! b:shocked
    Run for your lives!
  • Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kswizzled wrote: »

I've never found any class as fun as archers, since melee classes bore me to death and I've never had the patience with mages.

Normally, I would never doubt sticking with an archer till the end.. But a lot of people have been telling me its too anticlimatic to stick with :/ so i'm not too sure anymore

The same goes for me D: I've been doubting the archer lately but i'm not giving up on it. It seems like the newer classes are favorited, no? Anyway, I'll cont to work my way up and discover more reasons to love the archer. b:heart
  • Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    kswizzled wrote: »

The same goes for me D: I've been doubting the archer lately but i'm not giving up on it. It seems like the newer classes are favorited, no? Anyway, I'll cont to work my way up and discover more reasons to love the archer. b:heart
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I made my archer as an alt when my BM was at 65. I played it until lvl 20-24 and then I went back on my BM. After I kept on playing on my archer I realized that playing an archer actually requires much more thinking than playing a BM. So I guess this was the moment when I fell in love with my archer. I retired my BM on lvl 71 and since then I just can't stop playing my archer.
    PvE side, in my personal opinion archers are one of the greatest DDs ( not claw/fists but bow archers ). Their range allows them to get out of the AoE range of some bosses. Plus they have the amazing Sharpened Tooth Arrow which reduces the boss/elite mobs hp and it's working just perfect everywhere. Can't talk about the higher lvls since my archer is only 70.
    PvP side, pew pew you're dead, sorry b:shutup
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It can be a difficult road to get there, but endgame Archers hold their own in PvP, in TW we are the epicsauce, and we can be pro farmers thanks to our interval top :3
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Get BMs interval tops NAO pwease.

Archer's are great in TW. Barrage + Purge bow is hawt stuff. They are sometimes needed in farming instances like nirvana or TT. But if they find a sin or bm with same or more attack speed(with claws)... *booted your bootay* or most likely to.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Mrs_Nobody - Harshlands
    Mrs_Nobody - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Archer is the most comfortable class for me (range attack, phys and mag attack, many ppl need DD and archer good in it, and PVP is very nice when u playing archer if г know how to play this char) soooo....use archer))
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A year ago the song has different.. archer gets endgame 1 but then sucks ballzzzzz......
    Now.. get gear with aps, 8jun, demon quickshoot and ur tha bomb b:laugh
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10