Force of Will nerf

TrueJustice - Harshlands
TrueJustice - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Force of Will always gave 15 Chi, now it is 10 Chi.
What's the reason?

Thanks for making the Wizard class even worse.
It was already hard to build chi while kiting from a stun-machine. (20 Chi per Shrink >.>)
Post edited by TrueJustice - Harshlands on

Comments

• Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Force of Will always gave 15 Chi, now it is 10 Chi.
    What's the reason?

Thanks for making the Wizard class even worse.
    It was already hard to build chi while kiting from a stun-machine. (20 Chi per Shrink >.>)

*Hint* Build an APS class! Build chi on your local wizzy and roflpwn em all! :D
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    Tallain - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    lol yet another thing NOT in the patch notes...... don't u love how they never tell you what the hell they do?
  • TrueJustice - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    *Hint* Build an APS class! Build chi on your local wizzy and roflpwn em all! :D
    What the b:shocked
    lol yet another thing NOT in the patch notes...... don't u love how they never tell you what the hell they do?

Of course. And I would like to know which person is making those changes...
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nah. Just use sage blink for 10 chi.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Wow....
    edited December 2010
    Nah. Just use sage blink for 10 chi.

Will you buy me? b:kiss
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    No change to aps, no bugs fixed, no rubberbanding sorted, TT3 still the same...

....But they decided the balance of the game was in peril unless they nerfed the chi gain on a random wiz skill. Right.
    edited December 2010

....But they decided the balance of the game was in peril unless they nerfed the chi gain on a random wiz skill. Right.

That is ecxactly what I thought. Makes no sense at all xP
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Demon Bestial Rage's chi effect was nerfed, the Demon effect doesn't give 8 chi per hit you take, its only 5.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kyleran - Raging Tide
    Kyleran - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wen did wizzies became APS character x.x.

what next ? increase BIDS chi requirement to 3 sparks ? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] butt hurt fish xD
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Someone really does not like wizards.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Demon Bestial Rage's chi effect was nerfed, the Demon effect doesn't give 8 chi per hit you take, its only 5.....

WTF really?...

Then, since you are nerfing the chi gained by some skills, how about you nerf sin's skills. Those are the ones that need the most nerfing.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010

and this is why i really don't care if they post any patch notes or not. i can always write my own, and have them be as accurate.

hell, i can wait two or three days and write far MORE accurate patch notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide
    Mad__Skillz - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2010

QFT, this is my fav wiz skill too im really pissed.
  • hahahahahahah1
    hahahahahahah1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Someone really does not like wizards.

The developers are the best trolls. They probably did it for the lolz
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    WTF really?...

Then, since you are nerfing the chi gained by some skills, how about you nerf sin's skills. Those are the ones that need the most nerfing.

Nope. It's far more likely they'll increase the chi gain instead. Like when BM's used to gain 4 chi per hit, and they gave it a boost just when aps was getting to be more common.

Less people run wizzies, more people roll melee aps and charge tons of zen for all that -int.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Edit to my post earlier, it was 5 earlier, but now its back to 8...thx Devs I guess for the Demon Barb fix.....but meh....

Earlier as in weeks ago. Just never noticed the fix til now lol....woops...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    either way it should've BEEN IN THE PATCH NOTES.... oops wrong thread but still lol
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Ok, I just checked with my barb this, and that skill stills works like it should. Demon Bestial Rages gives me 8 chi each time I get hit (on my barb ofc).
  • Tallain - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    erm read the post above my last one...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    b:shocked It's just another ploy to get us all to reroll as BM's, Sins, or Seeker, and buy R9.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Now this makes me wonder what other "Minor Localizations" changes they did to the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • cheapazz
    cheapazz Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    why u need chi for? just get 1 park use *insert name of the worst wizzie skill here* and 1 shot everyone with ur R8 +10

if u dont have a R8, quit.
  • Naivety - Harshlands
    Naivety - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cheapazz wrote: »
    why u need chi for? just get 1 park use *insert name of the worst wizzie skill here* and 1 shot everyone with ur R8 +10

if u dont have a R8, quit.

I havent levelled my wizzy to 79 yet so I havent used the skill but.... Is it possible to oneshot someone with Undine? Or is the damage just a number and the damage wont ever change? (Aside downwards/upwards to defences and debuffs).

Just wondering :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I know it's hard to be used to having something (15 chi FoW) and lose it, but aren't some people over exaggerating a little too much? If they nerfed chi gain on say, Pyro or something, ya I'd pissed, but this is a spell that you cast at most once every 30s.

Wizards have always had the best chi gain compared to clerics and venos by far (never had a high lvl psy), and they still do with this FoW nerf. It's not a change that we see as necessary, but to say **** like this, THIS, is going to get wizards to reroll, is bull ****. R8 wizards with Jone's Blessing GG. **** BMs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Psychics channel and cast faster for the damage they do; chi gain so far on my psy has not been much of an issue. Once I hit 89 and can start using level 11 Aqua Impact and Spirit Blast, chi will become even less of an issue (Sage Spirit Blast has a chance to give 30 chi).

On my wizard (I have a 100 wiz on Archosaur) chi has always been a problem. White Tea / God Tea helps but it's horribly expensive. Cloud Eruption on the genie helps too, but it's still nothing compared to a 5aps build who can perma-spark. I have the rank 8 magic sword, and at +10 it's actually pretty good. However, it's still no match for the sheer DD power of a 5aps BM/barb/sin.

I hate how the devs keep nerfing wizards too, though, so I have to agree with the OP. Has anyone else noticed that ALL damage now carries the ability to interrupt channeling? Starting a few months ago, around the time they took away TW pay, I noticed spell interruptions a lot more frequently on my wizard. b:angry That's the main reason I rolled a psychic on this server - their channeling time is so quick that it's very rare to get interrupted.

Somebody in PWI development hates wizards and is absolutely in love with assassins. b:chuckle
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I havent levelled my wizzy to 79 yet so I havent used the skill but.... Is it possible to oneshot someone with Undine? Or is the damage just a number and the damage wont ever change? (Aside downwards/upwards to defences and debuffs).

Just wondering :P

You'll deal a tiny tiny bit of damage to your target, I'm not even sure why it's there.

And as to chi gain, wizards might gain more chi per spell but we hit ****ing slower usually.

Lol at wizards gain chi faster than venos, you ever seen Sage venos spam lending hand on themselves? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You'll deal a tiny tiny bit of damage to your target, I'm not even sure why it's there.

And as to chi gain, wizards might gain more chi per spell but we hit ****ing slower usually.

Lol at wizards gain chi faster than venos, you ever seen Sage venos spam lending hand on themselves? XD

What do you mean wizards hit slower usually?

Look at the skills:

Pyro: 1.5s chan/0.8s cast - 15 chi
    Glacial Snare: 2.5s chan/1.8s cast - 20 chi
    Sandstorm: 2.5s chan/1.5s cast - 15 chi
    Stone Rain: 1.6s chan/1.4s cast - 15 chi
    Gush: 1s chan/1s cast - 10 chi

Compare that with clerics:

Plume Shot: 1.5s chan/1s cast - 5 chi
    Wield Thunder: 2.5s chan/1.2s cast - 15 chi
    Razor Feathers: 2.5s chan/1.5s cast - 10 chi
    Cyclone: 1s chan/1s cast - 10 chi

Wizard nukes don't cast much longer compared to clerics', but generally give more chi per cast.

The only thing in clerics tree that gives 20 chi is the 3.5s chan/1.5s cast AOE heal.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    you cant compare a support class to a dmg classb:surrender

with so many rank8 around that can eventually 1 hit you with crit ..or not... 5 chi less i would say isn't a issue...

still nerf chi on a skill after so long is just tacky
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    This is not a true entertainment company, this is just a bullsh1t & trolling company. Why you still dont understand this?

Create a facebook group to stay in contact with friends and stop playing this **** like i did.
    Or at least dont give them the money they dont deserve and stop caring about the game: they dont care anymore, so there's no reason why we still should.

Did you see them answering to this thread and thousand of any other threads?
    I wonder if they actually know the meaning of "CUSTOMER SERVICE" words

All they do is waiting for ppl like me to talk enough hard to "close the thread" LOL like if this would be a true solution

so childish...
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]