Atributes

Options
lordxionv
lordxionv Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
Hey i plan on playing mainly pve and letting my pets tank and i will do dungeons

is this good for attribute points?

Every 2 lvls

1str
7mag
2vit

pros and cons pls :D
Post edited by lordxionv on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i used that build up through my 4x levels, and it worked fine for me.

pro: the added vit will give you a margin of error, an ability to sustain a little damage when you **** up and get hit. this is useful early on, while you're still learning the class and don't yet know how not to **** up.

con: ...not much, really, for a newbie at least. eventually you'll figure out how to play, and then the vit will become pointless as you stop taking much damage. but you'll notice when that happens, if you pay a little attention to your own health bar and deaths. at that point, just stop adding vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    Options

pro: the added vit will give you a margin of error, an ability to sustain a little damage when you **** up and get hit. this is useful early on, while you're still learning the class and don't yet know how not to **** up.

con: ...not much, really, for a newbie at least. eventually you'll figure out how to play, and then the vit will become pointless as you stop taking much damage. but you'll notice when that happens, if you pay a little attention to your own health bar and deaths. at that point, just stop adding vit.

So if i do already know how to play is vit useless?

I rarely ever get hit and make sure my pet keeps the aggro or im gone. The only time i take damage is when i kill underwater creeps without a pet
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lordxionv wrote: »
    So if i do already know how to play is vit useless?

I rarely ever get hit and make sure my pet keeps the aggro or im gone. The only time i take damage is when i kill underwater creeps without a pet

if you rarely or never get hit, vit would indeed do you no good. all you get from extra stat points put into vit, is more HP and more HP regen --- so if you never run low on HP to begin with, put those stat points in something else.

i quit adding vit myself when i realized the only time i used it was when i'd screwed up somehow and should have played more carefully. from then on, i've done 1str/9mag every two levels, and it's made a difference; i hit much harder and kill a little faster. now, i handle my screwups by retargeting my pet to get aggro onto it, AoEing, spam healing the pet, or just plain running/flying away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Ask yourself if that margin of error is worth it. It *might* save you, but it will definitely slow you down. The people that promote vit as a stat often act as if there is nothing else that we can get better survival from. The greater productivity from going pure provides those other means of survival.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Ask yourself if that margin of error is worth it. It *might* save you, but it will definitely slow you down. The people that promote vit as a stat often act as if there is nothing else that we can get better survival from. The greater productivity from going pure provides those other means of survival.

Im gunna go vit until 50 and then pure mage :D

BTW, is purge worth getting?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lordxionv wrote: »
    BTW, is purge worth getting?

you must have at least level 1 of purge to get amp, and you do need amp. but you don't need to level up purge until much later in the game --- i've not used it even once yet, myself, in 59 levels of play. (supposedly i soon will, on quillhog king. we'll see.)