Comments

• NStarYou - Lost City
    NStarYou - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Nice guide.
  • deant
    deant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i dont agree with the fist - pve only statement. proly ppl discussed it already, but 16 pages of comments.. best pvper bm is axe+fist combination with descent refines ofc. the real good way to kill most of the targets is stun+dps, and axes give u one more stun move - drake bash. realy the best wy to play bm is switching among the all weapons. u have to be fast-fingered but thats a chalange. with sword and spear u got extra ranged attacs.
    fist+axe combo

Drake Bash -switch to fist (switch on your internal timer on) - Roar of the Pride - continue using fist - Aeolian Blade (if u got the 79 smack skill better use it instead) - switch to axe and hit with drake bash again and continue the cycle.

what comes in hand here:
    u need to have questing expirience - not lvling from 30 to 80 with oracles. u need to feel the when stun expires so u can use another one. overlaping stuns is not allowed.
    basic axe+fist build:

leave vit and mag at 5
    everything else u put at str/dex following the axe and fist requirements.

then u make sure u get some interval gear. u may not reach 5 aps thats and over kill anyway. but every second matters.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    deant wrote: »
    i dont agree with the fist - pve only statement. proly ppl discussed it already, but 16 pages of comments.. best pvper bm is axe+fist combination with descent refines ofc. the real good way to kill most of the targets is stun+dps, and axes give u one more stun move - drake bash. realy the best wy to play bm is switching among the all weapons. u have to be fast-fingered but thats a chalange. with sword and spear u got extra ranged attacs.
    fist+axe combo

Drake Bash -switch to fist (switch on your internal timer on) - Roar of the Pride - continue using fist - Aeolian Blade (if u got the 79 smack skill better use it instead) - switch to axe and hit with drake bash again and continue the cycle.

what comes in hand here:
    u need to have questing expirience - not lvling from 30 to 80 with oracles. u need to feel the when stun expires so u can use another one. overlaping stuns is not allowed.
    basic axe+fist build:

leave vit and mag at 5
    everything else u put at str/dex following the axe and fist requirements.

then u make sure u get some interval gear. u may not reach 5 aps thats and over kill anyway. but every second matters.

Are you stupid? Do you know that the guide was wrote 2 years ago?
  • deant
    deant Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i may be stupid and i may not be, the topic is sticky so the new ppl deserve a fresh update on that.
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Drake Bash - Drake Sweep - Fan of Flames - Drake's Ray - Roar of the Pride - Highland Cleave - Fissure - Aeolian Blade

good combo but i suggest using smack instead of aeolian blade. even though its not a stun it seals them for enough time so u can cast drake bash and start the cycle all over again. also i like to have occult ice on my genie so i can completly stun lock someone without any time for them to move or attack.

my combo:
    drake bash > any aoe, any aoe, draw blood > roar of pride >any aoe, any aoe, draw blood > smack > drake bash, same 3 skills as before >roar of pride > same 3 as before > occult ice, any 2 aoes, draw blood > drake bash, same as before > roar of pride, same as before > smack if its recharged (should be) if not then aoelian blade......

note:i have demon draw blood and i do find it useful at times, thats why i like to use it last before using another stun. btw i use aoes in my combo for 2 reasons, 1.BMs aoes hit harder than any of ur single target hits (axes only) and 2.if there are any sins around they wont be hidden for long :P

this is my stun lock combo and it lasts me as long as i have chi, i like to switch sometimes to my fists to get chi while the person is stuned (mainly after i use drakes bash). that way you can keep going for as long as u need to.
  • LordBaldor - Harshlands
    LordBaldor - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    good guide thanx for the stunlock info.
  • maximus150
    maximus150 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hi I am a level 8 nooby blademaster and I was confused with the stunlocking business. In the first way I just stun and then stun again. In the second way I link the moves? Where can I link them? Or do I just press the hotkeys. Another question is, what are the skills to stun them first and then damage? What is the best damage skill for multiple opponents? What is the best for only one dude? What does this mean "dual axe req"? My final question is what do you mean by codes like FB69. Thanks I know it is a lot but I would appreciate it if you could help me.b:laugh
  • EmoWDF - Harshlands
    EmoWDF - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    what im doing is.
    run to them with sprint- occult ice ( 1st.cyclone then then fire dmg glich) then drake bash> change to fist and hit as soon as it end roar... any 1 would die by that time. fire DMG FTW !!
  • DemonicleBRE - Lost City
    DemonicleBRE - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cool guide b:victoryb:cute
  • Drysdan - Dreamweaver
    Drysdan - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nice guide and can't wait for the video and screenshots! Maybe you can have a skill show?

well i use three str two dex so is that a good build i plan on goin demon b:shutupb:surrender
  • Reeshar - Sanctuary
    Reeshar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    huh? o ye nice guide som1 say beer!!
  • Reeshar - Sanctuary
    Reeshar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    deant wrote: »
    fist+axe combo

agreed bm is not as eazy as most think ,fail bms r ppl who cant think on there toes in combat. bms r the most diverse class im90 wit 7k evasion and good at killin barbs in pvp but hate to fight robes. end game- bms have too be skilled at gameing :)
  • knightmarewolf
    knightmarewolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have to say this is a great guide. I'm tired of everyone saying i should go fist/claw saying a versatile bm is the best bm. Yeah I'm sure they're pretty good, but I'm pure axe, and I'm going sage. I've beaten classes of all kinds. I have trouble with sins but if i can stun em i can kill em. Axe when stocked up with tons of vit is an awesome tank. My question is, since we're low on evasion and accuracy and there are so many different shards, which is better for armor citrines or garnets or ambers? My hp is already higher than most bms at my level, I also talked with a barb that has all his armor with garnets saying that they're better when it comes down to it because hp doesn't matter when your defenses are low. I haven't tried it but sapphires are good for magic defense, if equipped with a lot I'm sure mage classes would have trouble taking down a bm. You didn't include a lot of shards only the ones you prefer. I suggest experimenting although it might cost a lot of money I think it'd be worth it to find out the best shards on equipment before singleing anything out. Best wishes and HF lol

-XFirestormX
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You're posting in a guide that's two and a half years old and hasn't been updated in as long, was made before 99% of the server knew the benefits of -int, and even though I believe Warmachine still plays I'm almost positive he's all path (for a reason).

As for shards, ambers in your armor suck but they're fine for vit builds to have in their weapons. Missing stuns sucks. Garnets are great early game and for pve but I think 125 pdef for 40 mil (Sanctuaries current cost) is much better spent for Vit stones or JoSDs. At level 100 you'll have about 15k buffed pdef, or 20k+ pdef with Rank gear so 125 pdef a stone really isn't worth it. Saphires are great for pvp, but not as good for pve. JoSD are your best shards, Vit stones next (helps with hp and defenses), and I prefer to refine necklace/belts for defense and shard hp prior to getting those.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Final_DeathZ - Lost City
    Final_DeathZ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok i see that for the Dex Build you said only wat you need for Str Dex-everything else and Vit 50-60 so my question is how did you go about putting your stats out when you 1st started like did you go like wat you needed for Str and then like 2 Vit and 3 Dex? just wondering cuz i your Forum helped me lot just need to know how you started your stat points so i have a idea thanks
  • skimannak
    skimannak Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i must admit ive read a lot on the BM up to this point but realy like the content you have and im looking forward to seeing more ,Im currently atl lvl 86 and working it slow and in an effort to learn more of the Axe Mastery,this is good advice i look forward to seeing more b:victory
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    skimannak wrote: »
    i must admit ive read a lot on the BM up to this point but realy like the content you have and im looking forward to seeing more ,Im currently atl lvl 86 and working it slow and in an effort to learn more of the Axe Mastery,this is good advice i look forward to seeing more b:victory

Don't follow this guide unless all you want to be good for is TW. Even then it's outdated.
  • MsSeraphine - Archosaur
    MsSeraphine - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I would ask something. According to Lyndura' guide in the Build section we can read that we can have mixed build (there is the Axe/Hammer and Sword/Blade). But what if i would like to have a build for Axe/Hammer and Fist/Claw? For the first i need 6 STR for the sec i need 4 DEX, so what do i put onto the VIT? Or is it impossible to have these two path togethet? :)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I would ask something. According to Lyndura' guide in the Build section we can read that we can have mixed build (there is the Axe/Hammer and Sword/Blade). But what if i would like to have a build for Axe/Hammer and Fist/Claw? For the first i need 6 STR for the sec i need 4 DEX, so what do i put onto the VIT? Or is it impossible to have these two path togethet? :)

This guide is over 2 years old, was never very good, and the author quit long ago. Our GM's just don't unsticky anything.

The fist/axe build is 3str/2dex a level. Vit is nice but not needed, as long as you know how to play. You will be able to tank everything without adding vit, just keep a few refines on your gear. If you have to add vit, cap at 53 since endgame you'll be pulling it out and you can use a reset note to go down to 3 points. Keep in mind any point you add to vit you'll have to make up for in +stat equipment for dex or strength, or use a weapon that is behind your current level.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MsSeraphine - Archosaur
    MsSeraphine - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I see. But if i cant afford the shards for vit? Would the 5 Str, 3 Dex, 1 Vit (or 6, 2, 1) okay for the two path?

I think my problem is that i want aoe attacks (axe) and use fists together.
    But the axes require STR, while for the fist needed lots of Dex. And how can i wear HA with fist? I need LA, don't I?

Sry for my problems :)
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    you don't need vit shards.

Just use citrine gems until you can afford better shards.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I see. But if i cant afford the shards for vit? Would the 5 Str, 3 Dex, 1 Vit (or 6, 2, 1) okay for the two path?

But the axes require STR, while for the fist needed lots of Dex. And how can i wear HA with fist? I need LA, don't I?

There are multiple threads on the first page regarding this. The simple answer is you don't need vit, but if you feel safer going 6/3/1 or 5/4/1 then you will still be fine finding it in other gear.

I had 3 vit from levels 1-100 and never had an hp problem with moderate gear, flawless citrine shards, and +2-4 on my refines and I tanked all my BHs/TT runs. Vit is for people who don't know their class or don't pay attention. I wasn't talking about vit stones (I actually think the suck) I was just talking about using flawless or immaculate shards before endgame.

The 3 strength for axes covers the 2.5 str required for HA armor and .5 dex req. BMs usually agree LA is a bad thing except for the level 99 TT LA gear because two pieces gives -int as a set bonus. One place you can "save" stat points is at level 70 you get the best axe (calamity axes) till 90 or 99 so there is less need to add to strength for a while because you have axes set for 20+ levels.
  • AngeloBK - Lost City
    AngeloBK - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hey.. i just have to say that as me being a Blademaster i do have trouble just tring to figure out wat skills to use and when to use them or even if i should just lvl them all up w/o even knwing wat skills r best at what lvl. But the info that i read here was a very good idea n made me think on ways to better my self while playing.

I my self as a Demon(Hell) WR also think that the best way 2 go is by using Axes or weapons that allow me 2 use such skills.. other then that the info that i read was very useful n i will be using it the best way i can reguardless if it's in PvP or in PvE
  • EternalCharm - Dreamweaver
    EternalCharm - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the info on axe blademasters. i'm new to the bm class and this helped a lot. =)
  • jvrmaster
    jvrmaster Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BM lvl 102 Gear

http://pwcalc.com/54210fb927bcbc8d

like putting points? for BM AXE

I'm a little confused, Thanks for your help.
  • Vicgend - Harshlands
    Vicgend - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There are multiple threads on the first page regarding this. The simple answer is you don't need vit, but if you feel safer going 6/3/1 or 5/4/1 then you will still be fine finding it in other gear.

I had 3 vit from levels 1-100 and never had an hp problem with moderate gear, flawless citrine shards, and +2-4 on my refines and I tanked all my BHs/TT runs. Vit is for people who don't know their class or don't pay attention. I wasn't talking about vit stones (I actually think the suck) I was just talking about using flawless or immaculate shards before endgame.

The 3 strength for axes covers the 2.5 str required for HA armor and .5 dex req. BMs usually agree LA is a bad thing except for the level 99 TT LA gear because two pieces gives -int as a set bonus. One place you can "save" stat points is at level 70 you get the best axe (calamity axes) till 90 or 99 so there is less need to add to strength for a while because you have axes set for 20+ levels.

Listen to him, I've been putting 3 str 1 dex 1 vit every odd lvl and I regret it because i cant equip when i should be able to. 3/2 per lvl is best and you dont lack hp
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jvrmaster wrote: »
    BM lvl 102 Gear

http://pwcalc.com/54210fb927bcbc8d

like putting points? for BM AXE

I'm a little confused, Thanks for your help.

I am pure str, so i go http://pwcalc.com/cdadac7f6a0b4cc9

Dex is capped at 200 green, vit, magic are 3 base (doesn't matter about green). All the rest is in str.
  • jvrmaster
    jvrmaster Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am pure str, so i go http://pwcalc.com/cdadac7f6a0b4cc9

Dex is capped at 200 green, vit, magic are 3 base (doesn't matter about green). All the rest is in str.

thanks for your help :D
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013

wat

fist = 2 dex/level

you put in 3 str/level for axes when HA= 2.5 str/level

of course you wear HA with fists
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Vague_ - Harshlands
    _Vague_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with your guide, mostly, but for the weapon shards, yes accuracy shards would help, but imo, not enough to make a better benefit than accuracy rings and garnets