Hay

lordxionv
lordxionv Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
Where is the best place for lvl 10 to get hay?
Post edited by lordxionv on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    The drop rate is INSANELY low is there a place where i can buy 20 hay for cheapish?
    edited December 2010
    lordxionv wrote: »
    The drop rate is INSANELY low is there a place where i can buy 20 hay for cheapish?

you're in for a rough first lesson in MMORPG economics, i think... short supply coupled with high demand (yeah, you're not the only one who wants hay) leads to skyrocketing prices.

i got my hay off longhorned carapests when i was level 20-something. it took what seemed like ages. lots of other people wait until they're 30-something, and go after antelope pups.

if you think those drop rates are low, look up fruit. that'll be your next pet bag expansion target. i got mine off chislers, and learned a new definition of "taking ages".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    you're in for a rough first lesson in MMORPG economics, i think... short supply coupled with high demand (yeah, you're not the only one who wants hay) leads to skyrocketing prices.

i got my hay off longhorned carapests when i was level 20-something. it took what seemed like ages. lots of other people wait until they're 30-something, and go after antelope pups.

if you think those drop rates are low, look up fruit. that'll be your next pet bag expansion target. i got mine off chislers, and learned a new definition of "taking ages".

ok but where is the place to buy hay if im too lazy lol i dont know where to go
    edited December 2010
    find the "auctioneer" NPC, and do some searches on here for how to use the auction house.

also check catshops. most of those will be buying hay, but a few might also sell it.
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I got most of mine grinding antelope pups, and buying the rest from cat shops. Two pet slots will easily suffice you during those levels, so it's not a big deal if it takes you a little while to get the hay.
  • Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide
    Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I got a majority of mine from Antelope Pups. I also got a few from the Rhinodrakes outside of West Archosaur too.

Of course I did this when I was lower level. Most of the time cat shops were selling them around 10k each. I did buy some for 5k each, and that was a nice deal :P
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i did quite well when i was passing an hour on my lil psychic on Archosaur - the rhinodrakes just outside archosaur city dropped me four in the time i was there - maybe 45mins. might have been luck but i remember doing well with hay from them when shulkie was a tiny veno.

for level 10 - 14, i would try the Highland Tortoise in the river between Lost and Broken Bridge, although I think they nerfed them at some point because I tried them with a low alt before and after 3 hours not a single hay, whereas I got at least 2 from them on shulkie at that level. the rhino drakes are level 22 so just keep your eye out and your hopes up till you get there. Also keep an eye out for left drops - it is amazing how many people still leave hay, meat and DQ items on the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    :O over 100k for 20 hay Thats insane!!!

You get the quest at lvl 8 i think and im a lvl 14 those prices are too much

I have over 1 mill rite now but its noit worth 100k+ for one pet bag.

Looking to see if anyone on this forums might sell me 20 hay for like 50k
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

You get the quest at lvl 8 i think and im a lvl 14 those prices are too much

I have over 1 mill rite now but its noit worth 100k+ for one pet bag.

Looking to see if anyone on this forums might sell me 20 hay for like 50k

Dude, just suck it up and grind for the hay, and/or grind for the gc to buy the hay. We've all had to do it at some point, you're not going to find an easy way out.
    edited December 2010

remember when i said you were in for a rough lesson? yeah.

FWIW, your third pet bag expansion quest will eventually be for fungus --- and you'll need 100 of it. price THAT out in the auction house.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, I'll sell you hay, for 50k per hay.

It's that much effort to get, and it's that much in demand.

Fruit and fungus you can get cheaper by waiting for people who only have a couple and who can't be bothered trying to get the right price and finding it doesn't sell and they eventually sell it cheap.

Hay - not so much.

Partly for the petbag slot (and everyone seems to have a mount and an all-class nowadays) and there's even this really daft high level quest that needs it...