The "Olden Days"

Options
Zylphia_ - Heavens Tear
Zylphia_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Well I took a hiatus from PWI back in August or so, only to jump on the official PWI site to see the horror that's now taken place.

Honestly I have to say I'm no more excited to come back than I was before. I could stand the packs to an extent, but selling rank gear for cash is really, really low.

I started playing PWI back in October 2008. Before BH, before World Quest, before everything started going to absolute Hell. I used to LOVE this game to freaking pieces, and I've spent a fair share on it also over the past two years. And part of me wishes that this game WAS pay to play, because generally p2p games' cash shops don't completely tear the game to pieces.

I've already raged about this off the forums on my own site but, I felt the need to post here for some reason. Coming from someone who's been around the game a long time... it is really hard to look back and see where PWE has gone very wrong.

I know this cycle is commonplace for nearly all f2p games. I get it, you guys need to keep making a steady income. But you seriously need to listen to your player base. I've quit the game until further notice because quite frankly, I don't want to come back to a broken game where everything and anything is instantly attainable.

Is that what you guys think Americans (and perhaps other countries) want? Instant gratification? The only thing KEEPING me on this game was the fact there were goals I had set for myself, things I wanted to work toward. And that's all fine and well until you meet Joe who, with his magical credit card and one swipe through your cash shop can attain the exact same thing I have and then some with little to no effort. Rank 9 is what, End Game status? Yeah, great job. And apparently you thought it'd be another brilliant idea to raise the AH cap on gold prices passed 1mil to what, 3.2mil? Or so I've heard. I haven't actually logged on. Either way, you are saying one thing and doing another.

I knew a lot of people who quit once the Anniversary packs hit the Cash Shop shelves, and they are all the smarter for it. I kept holding out on you guys hoping to God Almighty that this game wouldn't go to complete **** like my friends back then told me it would.

Thank you for proving them right.

This game's now turned into a legal version of the fake PW servers that are around, and I have played on fakes before. Getting everything right at once leaves you little to nothing to do, except PK. And that's not my forte... so what then, is left for loyal players like us? You just keep giving away things we worked so hard to attain. What point is there to this? I don't think there is one.

Bring back the PWI I remember from 2008, keep it that way, and I would be completely happy. This game has so much potential, I really believe it could be as high ranking as the other TOP ranking MMORPGs are if only it weren't based around a greedy cash shop. I hate to say it but I believe you'd benefit more from a P2P system than what's in place right now. You would still have steady income. Sell extra things like fashion in a cash shop sort of like what other games implement. Keep pricing simple and attractive to your customers without adding things into the shop that would break the game. You'd be golden from then on.

My forecast is that this game will probably shut down within the next year or two if that.

A lousy expansion wont save you from a corrupt economy you claim you're so bent on saving.

I've moved on to other games now... so this is my goodbye to you, PWI. Was fun while it lasted, and I still don't feel it was money lost. PWI brought me great joy and the few friends I've made who I still keep contact with out of game I'll never regret meeting. As for the rest of you who are sticking around despite this madness, I commend you. You've much more patience than I do.

~ Marie
Post edited by Zylphia_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    QQ. QQ.

No one cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Has wishing for the good ol days ever brought it back? No, it has not.

And why is it that most QQ posts mention "majority"? Majority isn't people who whine. Majority would only be considered that, in your case, if no one bought anni packs or rank gear. This is not the case. The majority have spoken with their RL and in-game wallets, not with QQ on the forum.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    end game (or not so end game) gear is always in a cashop, even if there is no cashop officially.
  • LonleyWolf - Sanctuary
    LonleyWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I do to miss the old days before CS packs. The alt I am posting is no longer active but I am still playing on other server but this alt is a symbol for me for the old days. I did spend some cash on this game and I still do have fun but not as much as I did before.

I PW start a new server that haves a simple CS like aerogear, mounts, fashion, guardian scrolls and so. A few basic items but not the gear that you can get gust by spending money on the game or gems that can get you to lvl 100 in a few days.

I know that a server like this doesn't mean that ppl won't spend money on gear but it will not as drastic like on most servers. A server like this will pull back a lot of old players back to the game.

I know PWI is a company that needs to make money and a server that doesn't have a CS is a dream that will not happen. But a server like I suggested previously can save the game from all the flame that he gets.
    We all can dream of a perfect world.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

No one cares. You dont like it, then shut up and leave. Not like you are contributing to the game much anyways. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • LonleyWolf - Sanctuary
    LonleyWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The problem is that we love this game and we can't stay away I am hear from CB I left the game few times but I all ways come back I played on some privet servers and but it not the same as the real thing.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    But a server like I suggested previously can save the game from all the flame that he gets.

Such a server would only be populated by the old fogies here that are unable to change with the times and don't realize what it takes to farm half the gear available through packs. Once they realize though, they will ***** and moan and complain that things should be made easier for them because they're on the server with the minimal CS instead of the full CS with boxes and sales and the whole shazam. It would not be one bit profitable.

Lets admit it. We, as a community, love having nice stuff. Unfortunately, most of that nice stuff takes a very long time to farm. So in comes the boxes and sales to make it easier on us. It's a necessary evil. Suck it up already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The problem is that we love this game and we can't stay away I am hear from CB I left the game few times but I all ways come back I played on some privet servers and but it not the same as the real thing.

***** alert* - not cause I'm an *** but because I figure its going to be said anyway.

Your here from cb? No really I thought you were here from english class :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Game's dead.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you people are full of c.r.a.p

if you dont care, then why you dont shut up and go play?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Game's alive. I recently tried some free MMOs, they have incredibly low population compared to PWI. In fact, PWI is the most populated free MMO I have played. If it was dead, Archo would be empty. PWI is alive and new players do not know about its past, they were not here, so they don't care. I'm not a cash shopper but I am happy with my TT99 stuff. I can heal just fine with 'em. Who cares about Rank stuff? It's only for PVP freaks.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol funny thing is ppl think R9 will be always end game.....any1 ever thing that the reason why R9 is in the cash shop now is because the quild equipment will actually blow it out of the water? well atleast i predict that. srsly i think the guild equipment will replace R9/nirvana as the end game equipment.....i mean think of the progression it has gone....end game used to be TT99....then it was R8 when anni packs came out and u could get badges for cheap....then it was nirvana.....now its R9.....as i said just a theory. anyways im done see yall in game
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just a note: These forums are not the "majority" player base. Most of my friends in game don't even LOOK at these forums. And all Forums for 99.9999% of ALL MMOs are filled with whining QQ about whatever change is made that isnt' in their favor, and that includes several very large P2P MMOs. My advice is you either enjoy the game for what it is now, or go find a new one, because PWE certainly doesn't care if you are upset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Okay I'm sorry, but what the hell is with the "game is dead" crowd these days? It's not enough to complain when there's something legitimate to complain about, you have to bash someone for having the slightest bit of thread content that isn't "game is dead?" Seriously, it's getting old. It's practically "the game" now in terms of how overplayed it is.

With regards to the OP playing on pservers, though... well it kinda saddens me because there aren't any decent ones. I have a feeling though... when someone creates one based on what PWI used to be... ah, that's when the mass exodous will happen, I think. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The Game is Dead crowd. - If it were really dead; they'd move on. Some game companies actually hire people to sway opinions of games by maintaining multiple forum characters. I don't like the company one bit, but the game is far from dead.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    wow the flamers came out en masse on this one.

I am still of the opinion that they would make alot of money off of a server like that all convenience items no gear.

even if they made that server buy to play. your account pays a one time fee to play on the server with no gear in the cashshop. I really think that server would fill up very very quickly.

yea yea go ahead and start the flaming againb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The fundamental problem as PW Beijing updated their game:

1. They added Earth Flame as a genie "skill"
    This made Veno/Werefox (to those of us who've played Malaysian PW) redundant.

2. They made it plausible to achieve 5 APS with archer and BM. Thus throwing the balance out. Game dies slowly, Life goes on and people move away.

Better move:
    - Make Earth Flame lure everything in close proximate.
    - Nerf 5 APS so people have to actually play their class
    or make weapons "class" specific, and even then it still won't change the game unless you give it a major overhaul.

I'm hoping the update with the Seeker and Mystic will throw things back into whack. But, hoping on things like this is like hoping you will win the lottery in your underwear running down the street covered in green and yellow jello. You have to be a *good* 'game developer' to *get _ things _ rights*

Beijing had the fundamental idea with the 6 classes.

Veno -> Mage/Warlock
    Barb -> Tank
    Archer -> Ranged Damager and Criticaller (Sniper if you will)
    Cleric -> Medic/Healer
    Wizard -> Pure Magical Damager (Was meant to be elemental damage class -- is quite because all the elemental damage stuff is poorly implemented in the game)
    BM -> Pure physical damager

You then have to ask yourself what were Beijing's intentions with the:

Assassin -> Pure PVP Class
    Psychic -> ???Damage-Over-Time Class.???

The assassin is great if you're on a PVP server; However if you're on a PvE server, well yeah, doesn't really do much a part from go invisible and damage stuff.

Which means originally Beijing intended PW to be a PvP game.

Another idea I had was to have a Plan B option: Where you have a crafting class. But that doesn't really work. Because everyone are/is crafters anyway with the crafting skills. So we're back to square one.

The other problem is if you make one class like a PK class you have to counteract it. (Seeker & Mystic idea?)

Now I don't know if PW Beijing made Forsaken World. But they'd better get the flagship product back into sync.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
    edited December 2010
    Options
    stop writing such large posts! shut up and enjoy game or ban!!!11!!! D<

/tough nerd fanboy syndrome off
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I can say that pwi has changed a lot dont like the way it is now most of us dont when i started this game we didn't have hypers or bh's etc we zen or did cs,fq,and now and again a fb now days it's become more easier for people to level but the catch is the ones who use tons of hypers etc lv to fast and yet they dont know how to play there toon .

I noticed that every time i do delta psy or sins some realy good some fail they went hyper crazy and have no idea how to use there toon or even understand the skills back in the day befor all that most of us worked very hard to lv and also learn are toon and know what to do.
  • DeLetar - Sanctuary
    DeLetar - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Personally, I am glad rank gear was made this easy to obtain. Before it was something most of us could only dream of and be jealous of those rich enough to waste such a vast amount of cash on.

Do you PvP? No? Really then, what's to complain about? Oh, you can't afford it. If you PvE, it's really no different from TT90 gear being out performed by Nirvana gear.

Now all PWE needs to do is release Warsoul weapons so that they aren't thousands upon thousands of dollars like the rank sets and we'll be good to go.

No, I am not trolling, just being honest. We might not like the idea because we wasted 567 days trying to get to 100 with TT90 (or TT99) only to have rank and Nirvana come out, but that's how all MMOs are. Stop being so complacent.
    I level the old- fashioned way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like having the money for skills.
  • stargatez
    stargatez Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Get on the stock market reports and read how Perfect World has lost over 16% in just the past 30 days, is only about $2 away from the lowest point in over a year and you will know why this game IS dead.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The sale was 90% and the stock only dropped 16%? $2 from lowest point? I think you're brain is dead. Why are you wasting time here?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    stargatez wrote: »
    Get on the stock market reports and read how Perfect World has lost over 16% in just the past 30 days, is only about $2 away from the lowest point in over a year and you will know why this game IS dead.

yes analysing single stocks during a world wide market crisis is a great way to calculate a individual company's economic health.... sigh

i still am having a hard time understanding how a few K of $$ = instant gratification... seems most of you seem to think that a large percentage of the population that plays this game is pooping out cash.

All that these packs have done in my honest opinion is make it easier to get to the end goal by giving you more ways to supplement the grind. If anyone wants to spend 2-3k on this game to get R9 which will most likely be obsolete in 3-4 months with genesis what is it to you? How many people per server do you think will do that?

and the packs.. you guys even buy them? you know there is a 98% chance of getting a token of luck right and that personally after 300 packs myself thats ALL I EVER GOT, which is fine cause thats what i was buying them for. its a freaking lottery system, you mad at people from getting stuff from it? why you must be mad at people from winning the lottery too then eh?

The more likely scenario is that people will continue to grind for tokens/medals and use the cash shop for rep and extra medals/tokens as needed/can afford it. And i don't think anyone can complain about being easier to get rep in game, cause that grind was a major pain. In other words its supplementing the grind not replacing it, no instant gratification here as far as i can see it unless you are part of that 1% of the ultra rich, but then your whole life is an exercise in instant gratification anyways.
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Anyone who thinks this game doesnt have something seriously wrong with it hasn't had to fight a rank 9 player or is a rank 9 player, it sucks.
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Here I thought this thread was about Carl's Jr. (Hardees) chicken strips. *sad face*

What is this, the olden days?!
  • Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Anyone who thinks this game doesnt have something seriously wrong with it hasn't had to fight a rank 9 player or is a rank 9 player, it sucks.

so what exactly is your complaint? that R9 is too powerful or that R9 is too easily available?
  • Stone - Raging Tide
    Stone - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    inbefore MagicRage or NightPimp says "game is dead "....

On a sidenote i would like to see something below R9 obtainable for barbs to counter the R8 b:thanks
  • Stone - Raging Tide
    Stone - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh and sorry for double post but where do i get that Nerdrage siggie?
    edited December 2010
    Options
    if im not wrong, you need to pm frankie for it

• HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so what exactly is your complaint? that R9 is too powerful or that R9 is too easily available?

Both, I have seen more than one person on lost city with not only rank 9 weapon but the whole set. Thats 63 attack levels and 25ish defence levels. Its kind of annoying that something even more powerful than warsoul is so easy to get. With jones blessing thats 93 attack levels, Have you been hit by a 93 attack level zerk crit? I have. b:sad
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.