Best genie for a barb?

Options
repentance19
repentance19 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
Which is the best genie for a full-tank barbarian? Infliction, zeal, discipline, or longevity? Also where do I put my stat points and affinity points? Ty ^^
Post edited by repentance19 on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Zeal can be pretty darn handy from what Fuzzy has experienced.

Doing an instance like 69 for a lower level barb, it can be nice to run ahed, grab Pole or Styg and bring em back to the lake for the rest of the squad. It can avoid alot of problems. Get into Hallucinatory, the bm (or whoever) can pull Brig, the barb can pull Linus (or vice versa) thanks to the zeal, and the squad can go to town on both at once.

It can also be handy to pull in everything from Eden, to Brim, to Abbadon, to Warsong. There isn't a single instance where it isn't handy to be able to run a few steps ahed, agro the boss then grab em before they start to unleash on the rest of the squad.

Considering there are only a handful of skills a barb wants on a genie anyway, with a good zeal and a few Lucky Points, you should be able to build an excellent, well rounded friend to cover your back in most any situation.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Doing an instance like 69 for a lower level barb, it can be nice to run ahed, grab Pole or Styg and bring em back to the lake for the rest of the squad.

If you managed to bring Styg to the lake in bh 69, you are the pro-est barb in the history of barbs b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For myself, my barb genie is always going to be a strength genie with vit and magic each getting 40 stat points so starter points don't matter since all 3 areas are going to get at least 40 points. The benefit of a Zeal, besides Earthflame for pulling, is it has the most points in the three areas that matter and the least in dexterity, giving you the most points for your benefit.

In case you don't know, to add points to a skill after 40 points it takes 2 stats to raise it by 1.

That's why I suggest everytime you start a char get 3 mirages on it and start a zeal genie by level 10.

Lastly, you get 1 affinity every 5 levels so you have to plan out how your affinity points are going to be added toward skills. Use the search function in the barb forum to see some other genie skill threads for suggestions.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As others have posted, I recommend a Zeal.

Only reason I recommend a Zeal Genie is because of the lure skill.

You really want to focus all your stat points in 3 areas.

Str, Vit and Mag.

Example:

My genie:
    45 str, 50 magic, and 62 vit.

Excellent Skills to have for tanking.
    Earth Flame. Alpha Male. Tree of Protection. S. Shield. Could Eruption.

Affinity: What ever it takes to learn the skills you want to use.

Also note there are plenty of threads on this topic and if you looked up FuzzyWuzzy in a dictionary you would find: FuzzyWuzzy - Pure Awesomeness
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • repentance19
    repentance19 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ahhhh I see ^^ thanks a lot =D