Well hello there!

degeh
degeh Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello people,

I am going to be a new player in...
about a hour.

Now i have seen the video and i would like to join.
So if anyone that is a veteran can tell me a bit about this game.

I am not new to mmorpgs. I played Knight Online and World of ******** till cataclysm.

So my questions are the following:
What class do you recommend to someone who played Warlock and Death Knight on WoW.
Are the servers populated?
Are there things like clans?
Is the community friendly?
Can you make a stall and sell your stuff in it ? <- This would be awesome.
Can you upgrade your weapons in anyway.
Is it a gear based game.
What are the races.

Well a lot of you might say well just look for it on the forums ffs!!!!
But i am a noob at this moment so i rather have someone who can help me :D.

Cheers,
Kranda
Post edited by degeh on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    degeh wrote: »
    What class do you recommend to someone who played Warlock and Death Knight on WoW.

Haven't played either of those games, but I'm gonna say either Barb (Tank) or Cleric (Healer), because we don't have enough of them.

Yes. Heaven's Tear is the most populated PvE server and Harshlands is the most populated PvP server.

Yes. They're called factions. Territory War (Faction vs. Faction) is weekly. Although the reward for winning isn't great, it's still fun.

For the most part, yes.

Can you make a stall and sell your stuff in it ?

Yes. You also have the option of changing the stall from a Cat to either a Cow, Mermaid or Lighter via Cash Shop items.

All weapons and armors can be refined. Special weapons such as Nirvana and OHT can also be crafted with unique stats.

Is it a gear based game.

Yes, but the best gear is easily obtainable if you're willing to throw money at this game.

What are the races.

Winged Elves - Cleric or Archer
    Untamed - Barb(arian) or Venomancer
    Human - Blademaster or Wizard
    Tideborn - Assassin or Psychic.

Answers in red. Just post again if you have more questions/need me to elaborate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    degeh wrote: »
    Hello people,

I am going to be a new player in...
    about a hour.

Now i have seen the video and i would like to join.
    So if anyone that is a veteran can tell me a bit about this game.

I am not new to mmorpgs. I played Knight Online and World of ******** till cataclysm.

So my questions are the following:

Currently i'm playing a psychic, i find the skill selection reminiscent of warlocks with soul burn, SoR, etc. Veno is currently the only pet class in game but their playstyle is more akin to hunter or to the EQ Mage.

As for deathknight, there isn't anything similiar yet, perhaps the seeker. If you want a hybrid DPS/tank you can go Barb/BM and tailor them to your style.

-//-

in Harshlands (PVP) you need a machette to cut through the catshops in arch. Plenty of people around, peak seems to be in afternoon/evening EST

-//-

Its called factions. You can lvl them up with ingame coin. Next expansion coming possibly in the spring will add Faction/Clan halls with ability for raids/decoration/customization etc.

-//-

Like all MMOs your experience may vary. There are plenty of egocentric asshats, and plenty of great people, its up to you who you choose to hang with.

-//-

Can you make a stall and sell your stuff in it ? <- This would be awesome.

Yes its called "catshop". You can also buy customized vendors. similiar to KO.

-//-

You can upgrade your weapons/armor with shards (max 4 sockets for armor, 2 for weap), refine them with mirage stones (+1+2+3 to +12)

-//-

Is it a gear based game.

yes very much so.

-//-

What are the races.

See previous post. To add new race coming with expansion (Earthguard) with 2 new classes

-//-

Well a lot of you might say well just look for it on the forums ffs!!!!
    But i am a noob at this moment so i rather have someone who can help me :D.

Cheers,
    Kranda

i'll throw in my input as well since evict wasn't familiar with your previous game experiences.

i had a warlock in that other game, and played KO as well.

Welcome to PWI, hope you have lots of fun.