O_O; Is this against the rules? (Selling a character).

Vibba - Sanctuary
Vibba - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
2ufc7eh.jpg

I censored the name but I have the original screenshots. Can I report this person? Or is it completely okay to sell a character? b:shutup
Post edited by Vibba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and PWE is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party.

I guess so; if it's that person's account..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I won't report unless someone is 100% sure it's reportable. I don't want to get banned for false reporting or something. o.o But it sounds unfair to me so yeah... The person is keep yelling on wc, btw. xD I don't think it is a **** account, but if yes, PWE will know it if they check IPs.
  • Espial - Heavens Tear
    Espial - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    *Is Evict*

It's best to ignore it for now. If s/he's choosing to sell his account for in-game currency, I don't see why there'd be anything in place to stop him from doing so. And of course, you're completely about posting it on the forum for assurance. Well done. :)
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    your allowed... ppl do that and use the money on a new character... its like selling a item except its ur character... perfectly legal... but even if it wasnt .. why would u rat someone out like that ... just a game .. geez
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    And now why do you hate me for ASKING? Geez. In most games, selling characters (that means they sell their account) is not allowed. I am shocked to know that it is allowed here... O.o But good to know that I can sell my lvl101 Archer on my old account. :o Yeeey!
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, selling an account will get her banned. So you can report her. Here are proofs:

Proof 1

Proof 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Thank you very much, I knew I was right. ^^ Glad I didn't sell my Archer. LMFAO. b:victory Peace. b:thanks
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You can't sell anything on your account for real money, since it technically doesn't belong to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
    edited December 2010
    your allowed... ppl do that and use the money on a new character... its like selling a item except its ur character... perfectly legal... but even if it wasnt .. why would u rat someone out like that ... just a game .. geez

And who are you, Mr.It'sjustagamedowhateveryouwant?

Next time before posting, look into it first because there are multiple threads with GMs and Mods posting that selling your character is against the ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    And who are you, Mr.It'sjustagamedowhateveryouwant?

Next time before posting, look into it first because there are multiple threads with GMs and Mods posting that selling your character is against the ToS.

Yeah, you were supposed to read this installing the game, lol.

PWE is the owner of the Website, the Games, the Software and the Service, which are protected by US and international law including copyright laws. All rights and title in and to the Website, the Game, the Software and the Service, all features and content thereof (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, files, game software, client and server software, tools, patches, updates, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, storylines, objects, content, text, dialogue, catch phrases, themes, locations, concepts, artwork, designs, graphics, pictures, video, animation, sounds, music, musical, compositions, sound recordings, audio-visual effects, information, data, documentation, , "applets", chat transcripts, character profile information, game play, and recordings ) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively the "Proprietary Materials") are the proprietary property of PWE or its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other proprietary rights laws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Thanks all, contacted PWE and sent my screenies. ^^

I read the ToS earlier today to find out if it's not allowed, but English is not my native language and I did not understand it well, that huge text just confused me. U_U That is why I asked it here. ^^
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, you were supposed to read this installing the game, lol.

PWE is the owner of the Website, the Games, the Software and the Service, which are protected by US and international law including copyright laws. All rights and title in and to the Website, the Game, the Software and the Service, all features and content thereof (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, files, game software, client and server software, tools, patches, updates, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, storylines, objects, content, text, dialogue, catch phrases, themes, locations, concepts, artwork, designs, graphics, pictures, video, animation, sounds, music, musical, compositions, sound recordings, audio-visual effects, information, data, documentation, , "applets", chat transcripts, character profile information, game play, and recordings ) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively the "Proprietary Materials") are the proprietary property of PWE or its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other proprietary rights laws.

You know what most people do these days....Just check that box beside 'I agree with the terms of conditions' and never read anything. --;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vibba - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    You know what most people do these days....Just check that box beside 'I agree with the terms of conditions' and never read anything. --;;

I don't read those because I don't understand half of the complicated words. xD *fails at English*
    edited December 2010
    I don't read those because I don't understand half of the complicated words. xD *fails at English*

Lol. I know that. My statement wasn't targetting you anyways, at least you asked to make sure. It's targetting people like Garra who know nothing and still blab. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010

a bit off topic but never never agree to any legal document without first reading it ...