Newbie Help

lordxionv
lordxionv Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Venomancer
Hey im a guy with a lvl 9 venomancer. I just wanted some tips on how to build my character.

Where should i allocate my stat points?
I will mainly be focused on PvE and i want my pet to do most of the work and i just heal him mainly.

What skills should i get and lvl?
So far i only have posionus scarab(lvl2), heal pet(lvl1), revive pet(lvl1), tame pet(lvl1)

Okay i also have some nooby questions lol.

Can you buy a mystic tome without paying real money and if so what does it cost?

My inventory is getting full how do i throw away stuff or what do i do with the stuff i dont need?

Under random monster drops in my inventory it will say like XXX and under it Price:xxx. Is that the price i can sell the item and where do i sell it?

Also, i want to join a good guild sanctuary how do i? (I prefer Regicide or Vindicate)
Post edited by lordxionv on

Comments

• Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    For builds and skills, there's stickies and hundreds of threads debating them. :S

Tomes you can get in game from other players, or make them yourself at the forges in 1k Streams. The cheapest is the Christmas Tome which runs 500k-800k depending on the seller.

The price listed on items is the price that NPCs will buy them for. You can sell things to NPCs by talking to them and selecting "Goods". Drag the items to sell box and hit sell. You can sell things to players at whatever price is agreed upon via trade windows and cat shops. Press 'e' and then under trade, press the "Consignment Shop" icon to go into the catshop UI.

Generally guilds will have have a website if they require applications. Requirements can be found there. Asking around in game can get you what you need to know in that regard.
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    For builds and skills, there's stickies and hundreds of threads debating them. :S

Tomes you can get in game from other players, or make them yourself at the forges in 1k Streams. The cheapest is the Christmas Tome which runs 500k-800k depending on the seller.

The price listed on items is the price that NPCs will buy them for. You can sell things to NPCs by talking to them and selecting "Goods". Drag the items to sell box and hit sell. You can sell things to players at whatever price is agreed upon via trade windows and cat shops. Press 'e' and then under trade, press the "Consignment Shop" icon to go into the catshop UI.

Generally guilds will have have a website if they require applications. Requirements can be found there. Asking around in game can get you what you need to know in that regard.

Thanks. Can i just ask 3 more things.

Should i use fox form and how will this benefit like pros/cons?

Also i see my new skill need "chi" how do i get more chi i only have 3 chi and i need 25 to cast.

Finally, where do i buy a tome from people where do i go/click

EDIT

What is swimming mastery and is it worth getting?
    edited December 2010
    lordxionv wrote: »
    Should i use fox form and how will this benefit like pros/cons?

Every veno should use at least some fox form skills, although the depth at which you pursue it will be determined by your playstyle.

Musts:
    - Amplify Damage (max as soon as possible)
    - Purge (level 1 is fine until you start doing TT a lot, particularly 2-2/2-3, where you'll want more levels on it for a faster cooldown)

The other skills are nice too, but not really necessities. Personally, I don't use consume spirit, soul degeneration, or crush vigor much for pve, but the rest of them get put to good use.

I found it easier to develop one tree fully and keep the other up to date as much as I had extra room to.

But again, it's personal preference. I spend most of my time in mage, but others spend a majority of their time in fox. I'd try both out evenly for a bit and see which suits your fancy better.
    Also i see my new skill need "chi" how do i get more chi i only have 3 chi and i need 25 to cast.

Normal attacks and many skills will earn you chi. Venomous/Heal will be the main chi bringers in early levels. Lucky and Blazing gain more chi than either of those, Lucky being commonly accepted as a bread and butter skill and Blazing being under debate.
    Finally, where do i buy a tome from people where do i go/click

Archosaur, the auction house, and world chat are good places to look.
    What is swimming mastery and is it worth getting?

Don't get it. It doesn't do anything. >.<
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    tyvm mauntille.

What is TT btw?
    edited December 2010
    Twilight Temple. It's a set of 9 dungeons that start at level 60. You can farm them for mats for good gear.
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    Twilight Temple. It's a set of 9 dungeons that start at level 60. You can farm them for mats for good gear.

lol every answer brings more questions. Whats mats?

Also i recently learned about mounts. How do i make one of my pets a mount and can i also use my mounts to battle?

Also are you selling any cheap tomes? and can you invite me to a guild?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Whats mats?

materials, for crafting stuff out of.
    Also i recently learned about mounts. How do i make one of my pets a mount and can i also use my mounts to battle?

you don't, and you can't. a pet is either a mount or it isn't; and mounts can only be ridden, not fought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    and can you invite me to a guild?

We'd have to know your character name and server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • lordxionv
    edited December 2010
    my name is Lady_Venox and i play on Sanctuary so any invites are gladly welcomed :D