how do u make gear +1, +2, +3, ect?

Options
UnBlissful - Harshlands
UnBlissful - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
hi b:bye i was woundering how do u make gear like armor and weapons be +1 or +2 and so on? i want to be able to make it instead of buying it since money makeing is hard for me since i waste most all of it on skills. so how do u make it into +1, +2, +3, ect? please answer and ty for reading b:thanks
Post edited by UnBlissful - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Well, you're still going to have to use money to refine them (that's the term for +1, +2, etc.) There's no way to get lucky with crafting and have an item made that's already refined.
    You can refine at the elder of any city. Refining armor costs 1 mirage stone per try, and weapons cost 2. Mirages do not come with a guaranteed success, however. You could get lucky and spend 4 to upgrade a piece of armor to +4, or you could end up spending 100. Using dragon orbs guarantees success, but they can get expensive. There's a guide for it all on the wiki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    In my opinion, the best way to refine is to buy Dragon Orbs from the Boutique. I think they're on sale now too. 1star Dragon Orb guarantees you can refine +1. Still requires a Mirage Celestone to do that. Jewelcraftsman can combine lower level Dragon Orbs to make higher star ones.
    The Gem Merchant can sell you Mirage Celestones if you trade him celestone fragments or 3 each of the human, heaven, and Earth celestones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    What does the "+1" means when refining gear with the Mirage Celestone? For example on a robe piece, I see the resist values are still the same after the refine process. Does it make another slot to stuff another gem in? How is this "+1" gear improved?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For armors (wrists, leggings, boots, chest, helm, cape), you get +HP
    For ornaments (necklace, belt, rings), you get a bonus according to their type:
    Magic rings get +mag res
    Might rings get +phys res
    Elemental Ornaments get +mag res
    Ethereal Ornaments get +evasion
    Protection Ornaments get +phys res
    Weapons get +attack

The +x means how many times it has been successfully refined in a row.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    Nyprein - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    vDo you need anything to prevent gear from breaking when refining?
    HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr 15.6-inch | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7 64 Bit | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    vDo you need anything to prevent gear from breaking when refining?

Gear does not "break" when refining. If you fail a refine, your refining level goes back to 0. There are items that affect the refining process:
    Dragon Orbs of respective or higher level prevent failure
    Chienkuns make it so that if you fail, your refinement level does not drop
    Using Tishas will only drop your refinement by 1 in case of failure
    Using Tienkangs gives you a higher chance of success

All of these are boutique items.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver
    ZeroDefects - Dreamweaver Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you are gonna need a little energon and a lot of luck..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    Nyprein - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wow, that's a penalty almost as harsh.
    HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr 15.6-inch | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7 64 Bit | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    For armors (wrists, leggings, boots, chest, helm, cape), you get +HP
    For ornaments (necklace, belt, rings), you get a bonus according to their type:
    Magic rings get +mag res
    Might rings get +phys res
    Elemental Ornaments get +mag res
    Ethereal Ornaments get +evasion
    Protection Ornaments get +phys res
    Weapons get +attack

The +x means how many times it has been successfully refined in a row.

I made a Print Screen of the *** Robe of the Blesser (2 socket(s)) before the upgrade. I saw the 'Imbued Successfully' message and compared 'after stats'. I do see there is a 'HP: +12' added to the robe. So if I upgrade successfully again, It should be an even higher +HP stat?

A follow up question: How do I value this 'HP+' upgrade to another piece of drop gear at next higher level? That higher level would have more resistance values, HP+, Magic+ and so on.

This robe is a Level 4 Arcane Robe. I just want to see how this upgrade process works. Am I just starting too early on gear that should not be upgraded just yet? Any wisdom on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes, armour gives +HP, when given more refines, gives more HP.

If you hover over the 'refines' tab you'll see what that particular item gives (it's based on the level of the item):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/12668

And yeah, that's a bit low to be wasting mirages on - unless you really really need a measly 12 hitpoints :)

But you've got the basics of it.
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the pointer. I know now I'm doing the upgrade process correctly. I'll wait until I get better gear before trying it again.

Thanks!