Phishing alert!

Options
2»

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hint: If they can't spell "transactions" correctly, they probably don't work for PWE.

b:surrender Sad that who ever wrote this can't spell.
    But yeah people beware there are hackers/theif/stealers among you..so hide your kids hide your wife and hide your husband because there hacking eeeeverybob:laughdy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Sad that who ever wrote this can't spell.
    But yeah people beware there are hackers/theif/stealers among you..so hide your kids hide your wife and hide your husband because there hacking eeeeverybob:laughdy.

Your sig speaks nothing but the truth! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one who first noticed how few people there were at the mailbox before the mail? You can actually see the boutique agent and banker and mailbox!
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If anybody falls for something like that example....

They deserve getting their account stolen.

Considering for many English is not a first language. They probably wouldn't notice the spelling errors probably don't fully understand most of what PWE post in TOS and other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flame$ - Lost City
    Flame$ - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Just saying whoever thought of doing this is pretty smart, I mean their actually are people out here in pwi that would fall for this, heck I would of been one of em if I hadn't seen this thread. So thank you very much GMs and Admins for the warning! b:victory
    [SIGPIC]~Flame$[/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Seolfor - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Since not every user reads the forums, perhaps they should send out an ingame mail with the warning too. :)

...and before we knew it, we had spam mail in game too...

heads up for the warning, anyway.
    This is my signature. It is my sin in stealth mode.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I got that mail in-game to. Kinda funny since i haven't charged zen in like 1 year and there arent really any "zen points" that needs to get verified. I just laughed a bit and deleted it. But i guess new players might get confused by this, very young players or someone that speaks poor English, might fall for it to.

If there is problems with your transactions you dont get a mail in-game anyway, you get it sent to what ever e-mail address you registered when you created your account. Think most people that charge zen knows that by now :D
  • Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear
    Tainted$oul - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    GM's never ask for your information in any game period. So yeah, if you fall for it it's your own stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Sihndra wrote: »
    Hi everyone-
    Thanks,

I'm sorry , who are you? I just didnt know we had an Administrator called Sihndra
    anyways hi b:bye
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ....Why are you telling us about phishing NOW, when it's become a problem all of a sudden?
    You SHOULD have been telling people who lack the common sense gene this when they signed up for the game.

A certain terribly graphic'd Free-to-Play Jagex MMORPG (*cough*) has a quest I think, which actually tells you how to prevent account theft. You know, for those ten year olds who haven't grown common sense yet? Pretty basic stuff? Get a neat little noob prize for it? Am I turning some gears in your pudding-filled developer brains?

Absolutely brilliant, PWE.

lol you sound like your mad cause someone didnt fall for a scam.

i mean seriously this doesnt affect you in any way what so ever they are trying to keep people from getting their accounts stolen and yet you here come in and flame them cause they made this thread? you sound so pathetic so could you please gtfo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWE is Perfect World Entertainment, specifically the USA subsidiary that we call home. The Chinese company is technically "Wanmei Shikong" which translates roughly to "Perfect World".

PWI is Perfect World International. This is specifically our version of the game.

And thus concludes our lesson for the day ;)

*Re-opens the lesson for the day*

http://content.edgar-online.com/edgar_conv_img/2010/06/14/0001193125-10-138314_G46052G42I49.JPG

this is the oranizational structure copied from Perfect World Ltd.'s SEC annual filing, its public record. hopefully this can put to rest who owns what and where, and who reports to who, blah blah blah, the chart should make it pretty clear that everyone is talking out of their rear end, and has no idea how the company is structured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stoned/ - Harshlands
    stoned/ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ....Why are you telling us about phishing NOW, when it's become a problem all of a sudden?
    You SHOULD have been telling people who lack the common sense gene this when they signed up for the game.

A certain terribly graphic'd Free-to-Play Jagex MMORPG (*cough*) has a quest I think, which actually tells you how to prevent account theft. You know, for those ten year olds who haven't grown common sense yet? Pretty basic stuff? Get a neat little noob prize for it? Am I turning some gears in your pudding-filled developer brains?

10 year olds shouldn't be playing an online game...they should be out doing "normal" things....well thats how i was when i was 10....i was definitely not on the internet let alone playin a mmorpg...i miss that me :/

/depressed
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

lmao why not say for those 1 year old baby who cant even play well too?
    OMG we shouldnt forget about my Dog!! what if she randomly clicked to trade my items to some strangers who says will give her some delicious bone irl?
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I love how the first 4 posts are about the spelling when over 50% of the player base doesn't even know how to spell "YOU" yet, let alone how to use their shift key, commas, apostrophes, or any other useful punctuation.

All people really need to start telling players that never gets said is this:
    "Admins and staff don't need your pass. If They want on your account, they can get on it no problem, 5 minutes tops. They could change your password out from under you if they want."

I've had that done to me, the GM/admin of a game I used to play got pissed and messed up a lot of my stuff; more than annoying. They didn't need me to tell them jack-**** to do it either.

On a side note, considering half the player base can't spell, how do you expect the poor nubs to spot a misspelling in the first place? Really.

EDIT: And there are 16-25 year old people on this game who can't spell "you" or anything else either. So the age card plays little role save for the fact that it's getting progressively worse. That's all. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    On a side note, considering half the player base can't spell, how do you expect the poor nubs to spot a misspelling in the first place? Really.

EDIT: And there are 16-25 year old people on this game who can't spell "you" or anything else either. So the age card plays little role save for the fact that it's getting progressively worse. That's all. ;)

/facedesk /facefloor

So, if i dont understand Japanese or [insert country name here] but insist to play on their server, it will never be my fault if i got scammed bcos I dont understand the language?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver
    Frodoteabagg - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There was a guy about 2 weeks ago tried to get me to give him my account password and login information, darkphillip was his name. i BL him. thought this would be helpful. he also tried to get me to add him on yahoo. but i never did.
  • Lynesse - Archosaur
    Lynesse - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

LOL i know no one is that stupid to mistake a /\/\ for a M pitiful (that is to the G/\/\)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Fail..dates?

>_> From May, I think.
  • ravensunn6
    ravensunn6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I got one saying I won 50000 zen, again something was mispelled. :P There are a lot of players who havent a clue because they are new. NEVER give acct info in-game! Good Luck!
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lol i got that mail a few days ago aswell, just to make that person think woho i got mail someone fell for my trap i sended back " account: YouStupidCantSpell pass: kiss my *** b:avoid b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    *Re-opens the lesson for the day*

http://content.edgar-online.com/edgar_conv_img/2010/06/14/0001193125-10-138314_G46052G42I49.JPG

this is the oranizational structure copied from Perfect World Ltd.'s SEC annual filing, its public record. hopefully this can put to rest who owns what and where, and who reports to who, blah blah blah, the chart should make it pretty clear that everyone is talking out of their rear end, and has no idea how the company is structured.

As an employee of PW I'm pretty sure Frankie know the structure of the company. So I hope your not includeing him in the talking out their rear end statement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]