Is Crystal Light worth it?

myrina
myrina Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Psychic
So I m 79 now and finally figured out how much money I'm gonna need to lay out for Crystal Lightb:shocked

so is it worth it? how much damage does it do? I'm having a hard time finding info on it.

(I was really looking forward to that flying skill, until I learned about the whole book making process)

Also, I need 20 apocalypse pages, which require 18 tokens each, which go for around 10k each, plus the 10 medium inks at 105k, =$4,650,000, does that sound about right, or am i missing something ( hope im wrong, because i cant afford that)
Post edited by myrina on

Comments

• Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    18 tokens makes 5 apocalypse pages. So it's much cheaper than that.

As for whether or not it's worth the money, I say 100% yes. I LOVE this skill.

Stats:

Base magic attack + 300% weapon damage + 1905.5 with a 100% chance to slow all mobs in a 28 meter line by 80% for 5 seconds.

It's very close to Aqua Cannon for our strongest DPH non-spark spell. I believe it's actually better once you get high refines on your weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • myrina
    edited December 2010
    i didnt catch that it made 5 pages, big difference, thanks, time to go buy it
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the cost is ~1.7mil
    it hits like aqua cannon/glacial shards/sandburst blast

the flying thing is pointless unless u pvp
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Stats are very good and it also looks cool :)

I find it useful when fighting water-weak mobs/bosses due to enough water based skills.
    What I do is: Aqua Impact > Torrent > Aqua Impact >Glacial Shards > Aqua Impact >Crystal Light > AI ... and so on again. In that way the cooldown is always ready for the next rotation.

Get It!
  • Goratrix - Dreamweaver
    Goratrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i love that skill b:dirty one of the best psy spell imo and scale's better with high refined weapon also my starting move for medium lvl spell rotation (crystal-->glacial-->sanburst-->aqua impact--->glacial--->sanburst--crystal) b:cute
  • myrina
    edited December 2010
    I bought crystal light, at the moment it does around the same damage as max glacial shards, but should increase over glacial shards when i get a better weapon.

It also has a guaranteed slow (by 80% for 5 sec) unlike glacial's 60% chance to freeze, or aqua spirit 50% chance to slow.

Thanks for the comments. Its a good skill, im glad I got it.

now back to TT80 armor makingb:sad
  • Mictain - Dreamweaver
    Mictain - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I have to admit I rather like Crystal Light. Despite the fact the spell is named after a drink b:chuckle

It hits fairly well, and when combined in a huge combo like HF + Amp Damage + Extreme Poison + Sage Spark, it does insane damage to anything in a straight line (granted, that could be said for any psychic spell b:chuckle )

I recommend getting it, and curse that horrible flying spell we get for all eternity. I mean...really...15 seconds of increased flight with a 90 second cooldown? So Not worth it.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    myrina wrote: »
    now back to TT80 armor makingb:sad

dont bother with tt80 green armor; it's ****. well, the sleeves and chest maybe are not that crappy but nowhere near what u can get with molds/crafted items.

tt80 gold is also not a wise option if u dont level extremely slowly and is crappy as well (sleeves are ok). but it's gold and that means that it's wasted money since u cant resell it
  • vigorjustwokeup
    vigorjustwokeup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Crystal Light is the best skill for fishing out sins. You can aim it to linear snag em.
  • WilliamVII - Dreamweaver
    WilliamVII - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It looks cool. Topic over.
  • BleedinHartz - Lost City
    BleedinHartz - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I paid, 2.5-3mil On this piece of horse sht skill....

It does about the same damage as my Red Tide at lvl 1... Complete and udder disapointment.. i want a refund >.>'
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    First, necroed thread.

Second, you got it backward. Red Tide is not that great, leveling it can wait. Beside, when checking on ecatomb, in the skill section, it show the total cost of leveling a skill to a certain lv, it cost more maxing those lv59 than learning crystal light.

Third, Crystal light cost no spark, aka you can double spark to deal much more damage for 12 seconds that using Red Tide will allow. And the cooldown is of 15sec vs Tide's 30sec, which mean you cast it more often.

Sure, I guess the bleed is great in pvp when it proc, but the sparks are better used there for survival skills anyways.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Crystal Light is worth it. Not only does it hit decently hard, but it is also great for slowing down multiple people in TW, which is useful as all getout if you're pushing or preventing a push. I for one, have already gotten it, and would encourage others to get it as well.
    (It's not like the other skill is very useful...most people have decent wings at 79 anyway.)

InB4 mod comes and closes for necro. -.-
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
This discussion has been closed.