DQ Worth 15k each now

__Kikyo__ - Lost City
__Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I dont know if its bad or god but pretty much the lvl96 poison spider mobs are over crowded with noobs .That all want DQ to sell to the cat shops in safe zone.The once quiet relaxing place is now destroyed like a crowded beach.b:cry Would be great if they took out the medals from dq rewardsb:surrender ijs
Post edited by __Kikyo__ - Lost City on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I dont know if its bad or god but pretty much the lvl96 poison spider mobs are over crowded with noobs .That all want DQ to sell to the cat shops in safe zone.The once quiet relaxing place is now destroyed like a crowded beach.b:cry Would be great if they took out the medals from dq rewardsb:surrender ijs

Actually this is a very big win. Grinding is a lot more profitable than before DQ nerf and there are still fewer coins introduced in the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    um try grinding with **** load of people around lol
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Try pkin them?
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    um try grinding with **** load of people around lol
    Now, what makes it a bad thing is if no1 would just squad up and grind together, like the good ol times.
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    "Quiet relaxing place"? What the heck, did you used to go there for afternoon naps or something? And I fail to see how it's been destroyed, not like you can litter or damage the terrain in a computer game. You're talking about it like a tourist resort. Sorry...but really, come on.

So a mob spawn is a little camped. Big whoop, grinding spiders was never profitable beforehand (except in the old 100k gold days), no one is losing out.

For the first time in ages, DQ are actually worth it and grinding is profitable. F2P and casual players can make a little money off the cash shoppers, who in turn get easier rank 9. The entire situation is win-win. For once in PW, you can profit from hard work. Best thing done for the game in a long time.

And you complain about it. Gtfo.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    "Quiet relaxing place"? What the heck, did you used to go there for afternoon naps or something? And I fail to see how it's been destroyed, not like you can litter or damage the terrain in a computer game. You're talking about it like a tourist resort. Sorry...but really, come on.

So a mob spawn is a little camped. Big whoop, grinding spiders was never profitable beforehand (except in the old 100k gold days), no one is losing out.

For the first time in ages, DQ are actually worth it and grinding is profitable. F2P and casual players can make a little money off the cash shoppers, who in turn get easier rank 9. The entire situation is win-win. For once in PW, you can profit from hard work. Best thing done for the game in a long time.

And you complain about it. Gtfo.

lol RAGE!!!!!!!!!!! you mad bro? hahaha .. dam

and grinding spiders is profitable u get rare items and secret letters.Just wait when you see people botting.Playing 2 chars at once.Yea lol
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Kinda strange that they intended to destroy DQ value in coin yet it's had the opposite effect.

Kinda strange that this is actually a good thing and someone, of course, has to whine about it.

Booohooooo.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2010

and grinding spiders is profitable u get rare items and secret letters.Just wait when you see people botting.Playing 2 chars at once.Yea lol

Damn right, I'm in a venting mood today. Way to sink yourself below even my maturity level though. b:chuckle

Seriously though, no one ever got rich from grinding spiders. There's a reason the area was mostly quiet before. Here's your drop table...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/11164

As you can see, a 0.053% chance of a secret letter, if you hit the 0.517% chance of actually getting an additional drop. Bulk of your profit is DQ's. Being able to make 5 times the profit from the bulk of your drops more than makes up for a little overcrowding. Plenty of other uncrowded mobs to grind too anyway.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2010

umm... don't try to cover for the fact that your thread is basically you whiningb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    DQ prices have shot up on HT too, with the Archo Assault Event today, I am sure loads of shops are ready to buy/sell them in the masses.

For once, grinding is actually kinda worth it now if you are in it for the money.....just kinda....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    umm... don't try to cover for the fact that your thread is basically you whiningb:bye

oh darn you got me.My cover is blownb:embarrass great job lol

oh cant forget the im cool waving bearb:bye hahah ahh man fourms make me laughb:laugh
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The mobs are all spread out, I don't see how 5-8 people could cover the whole area, unless they're clerics. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    There`s always other mobs besides spiders 2 grind b:bye
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Kinda strange that they intended to destroy DQ value in coin yet it's had the opposite effect.

Kinda strange that this is actually a good thing and someone, of course, has to whine about it.

Booohooooo.

yeah, this gave DQ high value again.

Can't make these people happy =/
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    sounds like a great oppurtunity to farm mirages&dq...b:laugh
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • youllnevergetme
    youllnevergetme Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Why don't you just go in your guilds vent and QQ that you need help at spiders. (Like you used to do prior to your ragequit)
    Just wait when you see people botting.Playing 2 chars at once.Yea lol

Like you already do? b:laugh
    nerd.png
    Live to win, 'till you die, 'till the light dies in your eyes
    Live to win, take it all, just keep fighting till you fall
    Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    Why don't you just go in your guilds vent and QQ that you need help at spiders. (Like you used to do prior to your ragequit)

Like you already do? b:laugh

haha nice hiding with your alt ****** QQ more what are you 10?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How are they worth 15k? I'm still trying to figure out how much 1 DQ point is wroth. Since there isn't a huge market for medal of glory, I will use event gold as the value measurement. Since things in event boutique are 3 times more expensive than normal one, 50 even gold = 16.67 real gold. Gold is about 830k atm on HL so 50 event gold will be worth 13.8 mil. 50,000 points for 50 event gold makes each DQ point worth 276 coins.
  • Sekmeth - Raging Tide
    Sekmeth - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Simple DQ91 give 30 DQpoints so to buy a medal u need 667 of them @ 15k ~10mil (and u get 2mil back when u sell to NPC) so 8mil for a medal :) In shop medals are 25 gold (on RT that is about 21mil). So you see for those who want rank9 buying DQ brings them a huge cutdown in costs.

Some ... also said that seems that thins have the opposite effect to the one PWE wanted when lowering DQ prices, it's only half truth, 15k for one DQ wont actually bring more money into the economy because those money are transferred from one players to another, but this might actually make it worth for bots to farm and sell them. Maybe an idea would be to limit how many DQ you can get a day, depending on level maybe lvl 90-100 maybe 300-400 DQ items a day (600 on 2x events). Seeing the low droprate only a bot would really grind that much for over 300-400 DQ in a day. If they remove medals from DQ points though probably only good way to make money for free players it's removed.
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I think you all seem to forget something. DQ price was dropped to lower the impact of bots in PW-CN. As PWI has (almost) same updates than PW-CN we were screwed by this updates.

Some QQ later (a good QQing ofc, don't misunderstand me ^^), PWE devs agreed this was not fair for PWI who is far free of bot compared to PW-CN.

Then the dragon point system came. But this system was made for us PWI, not for PW-CN (well that's what i understood from our CMs). We were not the target of the DQ price dropped, so I find fine that grinding DQ is finally really worth it.

That was the first part of my thoughts

The second part is all the QQing about gold buyers (PWI F2P pay to win etc... you all know this QQing).

Finally F2P players are able to match up with cash player... well excuse me, its not a really match up but the difference between those two kinds of player is now reduced.

Conclusion : with this system, PWE devs have solved both the unfair decision to apply the crash of DQ price to PWI and the far too big difference between F2P and P2W players b:pleased.

Honestly for the first time in 1 year and a half, PWE staff has made a very great job for PWI.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2010

You know of nothing about spiders. People grinded spiders and made millions, in fact I should say tens of millions, and I'm not exaggerating. This is when DQ was NPCed by the way. If you actually took advantage of the terrain and grinded them properly, could easily get a stack of them in an hour I'd say, probably less it has been a while.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    well ur on a PK server so not quite sure why u dont jsut kill some off then claim as ur own...but then again im on a carebear server b:cute. honestly though even if i cant pk them as an archer i can easily just plant my self into a spot then just tab>auto attack. doing this i can pretty much claim a spot even if its populated. sometimes just need to be alittel outgoing and force urself in. sure it will **** off alot of ppl but hey thats wat BL is for b:chuckle
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    DQ didnt seem to skyrocket much on DW. ppl buy em 2 to 3x npc value.

spiders more ppl there yes, but not rly alot.
    I went to grind on spiders a few days for 100k DQ points ( managed 29k dq point in 1 day, ~3k pr hour) - empty alot, with 2-3 beside me.
    I dont see why ya would buy medal of glory, when can grind 1 medal pr day, I got my ring and bow by grind.

and honestly dont see why you wine about DQ selling high. You should be happy the cashers are too lazy to grind the DQ.
    those who doesnt spend can actually make money farm DQ, if it rly sell 15x on LC.
    Demand aint high on my server for medals, atleast yet.. so nowhere near 15x.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Tinaaaaaa - Lost City
    Tinaaaaaa - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    ill come pk them for u
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I find it pretty hilarious that people from PvE servers are advising you to PK....

As far as your problem, you can always find another location where those mobs spawn, or where the DQ items drop from another mob. If not, bring several friends and AoE at will.
  • Lauxly - Archosaur
    Lauxly - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    add more items to dp rewards pleaseb:surrender
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    must... resist.. urge... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..