What should I do?

WnbTank - Archosaur
WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Barbarian
I`ve been leveling alt BM to farm gear to my alt, I got almost all mats for TT90 gold bracers, wing trophy - lunar glade & lunar claws. On general discussion thread about barbs got me do the math what would it be if I`d restat to claws.

After restat I`d be left with 14kish hp in tiggy with hammer, 11kish hp with Deicides humanoid, 2.94aps sparked on the start till I get to start farming nirvana and make money for better gear. But the expected build after restat would be following http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7e4238f0297065d3

I could add refines to +5 on my armor if that would make some "real difference" but I doubt it would. I havent got those bracers or cape crafted, thus those are only assumptions I`d be getting, though I do have 1.2k socket stones to add sockets if needed. The only thing I`m bit scared of is delta, doing it with 14kish hp, sounds bit scary =/. But I really want opinions of what I should do cause I`m not sure if my hp is enough to to make claws smart move for me or if I should get permaspark before it/something else. I have kinda ditched the idea of leveling my BM, starting to feel such a waste when I really love my barb.

Ps. For farming ability, uncannys selling 1M atm on our server, which really got me itching to restat.
Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
Post edited by WnbTank - Archosaur on

Comments

• SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'd say restat, but you should either go with less str for vit or better refines. What ever it takes to make money without gimping your ability to play your toon properly.

Maybe something like:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=93b290b356052141

Also the game and the calc are a bit different, you'll only be at 2.86.

When I used claws I did what ever I could to get more stat point so I had a lack of crit.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9f4e0a5b9906ce9a <- The build I used when I did the whole claw thing.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Reason for my high str is my R8 hammer, it requires 300 str and I really really want to be able to wield it. But I got TT99 gold boots now, getting TT99 bracers tomorrow when I get my green mats farmed. I lack a bit of hp on this but meh, I`ll get better when I got time coins for it http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b1e67fe8dc6d17e8
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Reason for my high str is my R8 hammer, it requires 300 str and I really really want to be able to wield it. But I got TT99 gold boots now, getting TT99 bracers tomorrow when I get my green mats farmed. I lack a bit of hp on this but meh, I`ll get better when I got time coins for it http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=b1e67fe8dc6d17e8

R8 Didn't even cross my mind... lol... I think it will help out a lot with adding a few tt99 parts and your new build I think would be okay. Just do what you can to get the hp up a bit.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    If you wanna go claw Barb, by all means, go for it. lol

I use r8 along with my claw build. Unfortunately, if I put my r8 gear on, I go down to 4.0 aps, which still isn't that bad.

Nothing like hitting hard as a truck, or fast like a ninja. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    Well I restatted on saturday server time, after 3 hour TW, lol. Anyway I`ve been real happy with my choice, DPS is just so sexy, I can still do delta, even with bit lower squad. Any barb who is wondering if they should do it, do it, so worth it, at least for me. Only setback so far is this butthurt sage barb I did FC a while ago, was telling me how I fail and how barbs arent supposed to be DDs/etc. Oh yeah, he also told how he can hold aggro from 4aps sin that doesn`t hold back, yeah right. Meh, I guess I stepped on his tank pride, making any skills he might have just useless. I gotta add, he started spamming hp buff "I need chi" overwriting my demon buff with his lvl 10 one, sigh. Really, how hard you gotta fail to be out of chi as freaking sage? I`m demon and I was rarely out of chi when I used axes, less nowdays. Well granted, I did take aggro with my sunder/surf combo, not my fault though or should I have just stood there looking cuddly?

Ps. Note to self, never take other barbs into FC unless they can enjoy the ride and not b.itch about everything.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, but the panda is jaded on this topic...

Restat for vit so you can equip claws? b:faint

In the "age of aps" Fuzzy understands the want to keep pace, but me not even close to see the need. Me can run ANY instance all day long in the game and never need to restat to be the tank.

Look to your faction and be the best barb you can and build how we were truly meant to shine. Fuzzy runs with me faction folks all the time and tanks everything the game throws at em.

Unless you a member of some sort of godly uber faction barbs are ALWAYS needed to tanks as we were supposed to do. The idea of restating to claws makes Fuzzy sick.

Why drain your hp pool just to gain APS when, if you pay attention to what you faction mates need, they invariably need a true barb more than 90% of the time to bring home the bacon for em.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Unless you a member of some sort of godly uber faction barbs are ALWAYS needed to tanks as we were supposed to do. The idea of restating to claws makes Fuzzy sick.

Why drain your hp pool just to gain APS when, if you pay attention to what you faction mates need, they invariably need a true barb more than 90% of the time to bring home the bacon for em.

Going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. I am by no means a part of a "godly uber faction", and I feel I have been able to help my faction mates more easily after my switch to claws (5.0) than before I switched. Although it's true that a standard tank barb could do the things I'm asked to do, the time frame and ease with which they can be done at high aps cannot be equaled (or even close to it) by the standard axe/hammer vit barb.

Example:

A faction member had been looking for a tank for their bh 69 for about 15 minutes with no luck, so I said I would come lend a hand. Obviously, a lvl 100 vit barb is well beyond capable of handling bh 69 as the tank. However, with high aps, I was able to help my buddy and their squad breeze through in no time at all.

Another example:

Faction member asks for an FF because he's really close to leveling and asks if I can tank it if he gets a squad. Rather than have him do that, me and a 5.0 sin in my guild take him in with just the 3 of us and he levels less than halfway in. Sure, I could have tanked it as a vit barb, but I would have needed a cleric and not just bloodpaint. With high aps, we got him way more experience than if he had gone with a full squad.

In addition, there are things I can help with that just wouldnt be possible with a vit barb.

Example:

That same 5.0 sin misses our daily bh run. Rather than have him get a random squad, we two-manned it w/ no charms, using only bloodpaint and genie skills.

My point is that although it's true that a "true barb" can fill the role for a lot of things faction mates need, a claw barb can oftentimes fill that role even better, or at least as well. It also enables me to provide some serious dd for those times when I do run with high aps, high refine bm's or sins that dont need me to tank. The switch to claws may not be for everyone (i.e. dont do it if you want to pull a cata in tw), but the increased versatility that it brings just cannot be matched by a standard vit barb in my opinion.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well I restatted on saturday server time, after 3 hour TW, lol. Anyway I`ve been real happy with my choice, DPS is just so sexy, I can still do delta, even with bit lower squad. Any barb who is wondering if they should do it, do it, so worth it, at least for me. Only setback so far is this butthurt sage barb I did FC a while ago, was telling me how I fail and how barbs arent supposed to be DDs/etc. Oh yeah, he also told how he can hold aggro from 4aps sin that doesn`t hold back, yeah right. Meh, I guess I stepped on his tank pride, making any skills he might have just useless. I gotta add, he started spamming hp buff "I need chi" overwriting my demon buff with his lvl 10 one, sigh. Really, how hard you gotta fail to be out of chi as freaking sage? I`m demon and I was rarely out of chi when I used axes, less nowdays. Well granted, I did take aggro with my sunder/surf combo, not my fault though or should I have just stood there looking cuddly?

Ps. Note to self, never take other barbs into FC unless they can enjoy the ride and not b.itch about everything.

Grats on the swap! lol

I've had my share of "lolfailclawbarb" insults, but just ignore them. As long as you aren't changing your gameplay style that much, it's a plus for having claws. Just know what situations are ideal for claws and axes.

I'm perfectly happy with my build, as Barbs, with the blessing of the Bloodpaint buff from sins, we can be very solo with 5.0 aps claws, which I like. b:victory

You will rake in the $$$$$$$$$$ now too. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited December 2010
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Sorry, but the panda is jaded on this topic...

Restat for vit so you can equip claws? b:faint

In the "age of aps" Fuzzy understands the want to keep pace, but me not even close to see the need. Me can run ANY instance all day long in the game and never need to restat to be the tank.

Look to your faction and be the best barb you can and build how we were truly meant to shine. Fuzzy runs with me faction folks all the time and tanks everything the game throws at em.

b:thanks

Been running quite a bit FC today, helping those mages/lower 9x squads, who would take quite a bit time in that instance. With claws I make runs go fast, actually faster than most 10x squads w/o claws, thus making ppl lvl faster. I can still tank everything needed, I just make it a lot faster too, which is the main deal for me. I got low hp true, I had it before too. I now got almost 15k hp fully buffed, before I had almost 18k, really, what kills me, would have killed me before too. I just will be able to really help ppl, make cash out of aps, etc.

Also, did one run with faction mate(sin), we had cleric with us too, we cleared till heads, got our lowbie alts(1, 19, 64?) Anyway, my lvl 1 alt is now 22, others got nice lvls too. Thing is, the lvl 64 was only one capable of killing heads as our mains dropped squad not to nerf xp. So next time will be doing it, we`ll get a lot more xp from heads, wouldn be surprised to be 40 or so after next one =p. We can get our alts to lvls where they can do their own FCs quickly if we want to, which I really enjoy. Btw, sin was like "barb dps, eww... Oh yeah, you got claws, lets do it".