Why so "dead" ?

preka
preka Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Hi there, i'm not playing pw for some time now but i do check forums to see whats happening with the game.I'm have not checked the forums for some time now and i wanted to see how it's going because i'm thinking of start playing again and while doing that i found XX threads with the following subjects:
-pw is dead
-wizards will die
-pw will die
-fw will kill pw
etc.
What the hell happened while I was gone? I mean, i know nothing is or will die in this game for a while but it appears that PW players are kinda emo nowdays :) .

PS: Can you recommend me a good server to start playing again on? (pvp one would be great)
Post edited by preka on

Comments

• Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Most of those threads have to do with changes to the game such as but not limited to: Things added to cashshop, New expansion coming out, New, classes coming with the expansion, and 5.0 aps preference, Etc, etc

Or around abouts.

I'll leave it to a pvp person from a pvp server to recommend a server for you, seeings how I don't play on one :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • csvayn
    csvayn Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You missed the return of Morty.
  • Ao_Ren - Lost City
    Ao_Ren - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sadly the people you see making these threads have just enough IQ to make a thread and that's all...

But mainly old pk servers for more end-game players, newer ones for early-game players, if you're going to play a most wanted class (BM, cleric, 5.0 etc...) go LC b:victory

And yes, since you've read all the threads you'll notice 5.0 is now a class and not just some really stupid fad that everyones loves and hates when it's convenient for them...
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Unfortunately what happened is a few people got bored of the game (they likely were bored of it beforehand) and as soon as the gold prices went up and rep sale happened, they found a convenient way to blame PWI for them being bored of the game or getting pissed because someone might get something similar with less effort (it's very common for people to blame others first instead of themselves). If you wanna see how awesome their posts are, look at who makes the most of these type of posts, search the rest of their posts, and you'll see that's all they talk about. They aren't very helpful to the forums nor are they very useful. They're just here because they're bored of the game and wanna try and spread some misery of their own. What little truth they actually say gets so exaggerated and made so grandiose it makes taking them seriously rather difficult, and telling them to **** off much more simple. Just play the game yourself and you'll see what I mean. Most people playing don't give a flying **** what the constantly whining here are saying -- they're busy playing!
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Because I said so.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Most of 100lvls will agree, that recent changes have negative effect on game. It wes impemented over one night (noone knew about it earlier) which made work/invested money of lot of people 'worthless' and destabilized part of endgame mat, and weapon market. It also had direct effect on gameplay: casters got more power in pvp (they didnt need that) but they are still crippiled in pve (or even more, since it is easier for dex players to get perm spark now). Last update made gap between f2p and p2p people bigger too.

People react in different ways, some rage but most sees last change as another milestone on pw's way from being a game, to becoming fast money-making machine (with short life span) for casual players, caught on facebook, who will spend lot of money, to feel like mmo players (without playing game actually).

everyone understand, thats how more-or-less f2p mmos look like, but there is (and should be) some 'limited tolerance' for gameplay changes.

it is not 'few people that got bored of the game' who will agree, that rep sale have negative effects, but almost all endgame players (including very respected, and helpful forum posters, tho they wont rage about it, because they are not 13 year old girls).

overally, people are sceptical, about every upcoming change, bacuse pw almost always had shown, that they werent implement 'for players' but 'for money', and never 'for both'.

anyway, there is also bunch of low levels (mostly) and few trolls, whose life mission, is to insist that everyone should enjoy game or s.t.f.u, because they said so.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The usual marketing strategy for F2P games is that they sell in-game power directly through the cash-shop. PW originally tried to avoid this by making the cash-shop mostly convenience and vanity based instead, and they promoted this fact by stating that they had figured out a better marketing strategy that kept the game balanced for free players.

Anyway, they abandoned this strategy a long time ago.

The newest sale is just a continuation of the usual F2P business model: sell stuff that used to take a lot of effort in the cash-shop for cheap, then replace it with stuff that takes even more effort, then sell that stuff 6 months later, repeat.

The game isn't dead, and it's in no danger of dying for a long time. But in order to enjoy it you'll really need a, "who cares if it's unbalanced? I'm having fun just playing it anyway," attitude, which is what I do. Otherwise you might spend a lot of time/effort/money on the game and have PWI make your efforts worthless by putting everything you've accomplished on-sale for cheap, and it may cause you to ragequit and come to the forums and post about how PWI killed the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The usual marketing strategy for F2P games is that they sell in-game power directly through the cash-shop. PW originally tried to avoid this by making the cash-shop mostly convenience and vanity based instead, and they promoted this fact by stating that they had figured out a better marketing strategy that kept the game balanced for free players.

Anyway, they abandoned this strategy a long time ago.

The newest sale is just a continuation of the usual F2P business model: sell stuff that used to take a lot of effort in the cash-shop for cheap, then replace it with stuff that takes even more effort, then sell that stuff 6 months later, repeat.

The game isn't dead, and it's in no danger of dying for a long time. But in order to enjoy it you'll really need a, "who cares if it's unbalanced? I'm having fun just playing it anyway," attitude, which is what I do. Otherwise you might spend a lot of time/effort/money on the game and have PWI make your efforts worthless by putting everything you've accomplished on-sale for cheap, and it may cause you to ragequit and come to the forums and post about how PWI killed the game.

Spoken like a true marketeer. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
    edited December 2010
    (...)

i agree with that, but i think i know, what pwe's intentions were.

At beginning they wanted to get playerbase of loyal gamers (thats what determinates lifespan of mmo much imo), so pw was more 'playable'.

it was pretty good mmo: nice graphic, pure grind was optional (you could always go to instances for money and exp), tradable gold.. Cash shopers win with money ofc, but they are still dependent from f2p farmers.

When pwe got enough big base of hardcore players, they switched strategy to massive money rip b:chuckle and they will continue it, to point when servers gonna be shut down.

moral of this stroy is: if you actually like to play mmo games (edit: if you have anything of achiever in your 'game personality'), then avoid 'new pwi'.

I could stay here. Lately, i was successful f2p player and i was able to generate ~200mils per week often, but i dont see point in doing that anymore.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i agree with that, but i think pwe intentions were different. At beginning they wanted to get playerbase of loyal gamers (thats what determinates lifespan of mmo much imo), so pw was more 'playable'.

it was pretty good mmo: nice graphic, pure grind was optional (you could always go to instances for money and exp), tradable gold.. Cash shopers win with money ofc, but they are still dependent from f2p farmers.

When pwe got enough big base of hardcore players, they switched strategy to massive money rip b:chuckle and they will continue it, to point when servers gonna be shut down.

moral of this stroy is: if you actually like to play games, then avoid 'new pwi'.

I could stay here. Lately, i was successful f2p player and i was able to generate ~200mils per week often, but i dont see point in doing that anymore.

you can still buy gold with coin
    or sell gold for coin

all that a CS gets you can get too with a little work

people spend money on this game because they like the game. Most of the items are still vanity. Its our love for the game that funds it and keeps it going.

Oracles, you can get them with coin
    rep, you can get it with coin, dq, grinds
    medals (who the hell is buying them at 22 gold a piece anyways) DQ, coin
    fashion, wings, vanity etc : cheaper with coin anyways
    charms : cheaper with coin, or Dq.

i could go on.

Who do you think is profitting from the inflation of gold? PWI? not really. less coin per gold means more gold will be bought.

Nerd rage is Nerd rage...
  • Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I played a game once where one element of the game afforded players a lot of power however it was taking a very long time to realize this power. What the company did was to make it far more achievable in game as well as through the cash shop. Many questioned their intentions until it was realized that the power ups were allowed because the developers extended the level caps and difficulty levels in the following expansion.

That game has moved on to an even higher level of competitiveness and is better for it. What is happening here in PWI seems similar to what that other company has achieved. The Genesis expansion seems to be one that will see PWI move up to another level. So for me I will be patient...
    edited December 2010
    (...)

edit: :3

mages hit with magic

105 is level cap

you can do bh everyday

i could go on.

now everything i write here, gonna look like valid contrargument, because i wrote few obvious things earlier.

clueless lowbie is bad debater

• Ruxal - Harshlands
    Ruxal - Harshlands Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I loled to see the Paramedic respond to this thread.b:laugh
    edited December 2010
    I loled to see the Paramedic respond to this thread.b:laugh

rage is so tempting =/

• Shalis - Harshlands
    Shalis - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    edit: :3

mages hit with magic

105 is level cap

you can do bh everyday

i could go on.

now everything i write here, gonna look like valid contrargument, because i wrote few obvious things earlier.

clueless lowbie is bad debater

yes because we both where stating relevant facts to this discussion.

obnoxious people are bad debaters.
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    preka wrote: »
    Hi there, i'm not playing pw for some time now but i do check forums to see whats happening with the game.I'm have not checked the forums for some time now and i wanted to see how it's going because i'm thinking of start playing again and while doing that i found XX threads with the following subjects:
    -pw is dead
    -wizards will die
    -pw will die
    -fw will kill pw
    etc.
    What the hell happened while I was gone? I mean, i know nothing is or will die in this game for a while but it appears that PW players are kinda emo nowdays :) .

PS: Can you recommend me a good server to start playing again on? (pvp one would be great)

- PW is not dead, since I have dulled many a machete trying to get through the thick forest of NPC Cats in West Archsaur, and had to yell "I saw someone vending tokens for 10k each in West - they must of mistyped" - to thin the few around the two main AH's.

- Wizards are cool.... Dun disrespect the almighty wiz's

- PW will never die as long as people can punch in their credit card numbers...

- FW will never kill pw since 95% of the squads either crash the squad, leave the squad, are kicked from the squad or.. 2 out of 3 in this list.

Going by your post, I would recommend Maple---ry or some other tamer, non-stressful mmorpg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    you can still buy gold with coin
    or sell gold for coin

all that a CS gets you can get too with a little work
    orly?
    people spend money on this game because they like the game. Most of the items are still vanity. Its our love for the game that funds it and keeps it going.
    doesnt matter
    Oracles, you can get them with coin
    orly?
    rep, you can get it with coin, dq, grinds
    have fun grinding rank9
    fashion, wings, vanity etc : cheaper with coin anyways
    charms : cheaper with coin, or Dq.
    false, and even if - so what?

Who do you think is profitting from the inflation of gold? PWI? not really. less coin per gold means more gold will be bought.
    false
    Nerd rage is Nerd rage...
    so what you wanted to prove again? (do we have to continue this anyway?)