Need help with my Genie please

Options
Sulvein - Sanctuary
Sulvein - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Assassin
Whats the best way to level my genie for my assassin. Second Wind or Tree of Protection. Do I do a Mag/Vit build. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to those whome reply. b:thanks
Post edited by Sulvein - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Divne - Lost City
    Divne - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend leveling any of those skills in your genie. First off, skills like extreme poison and tangling mire would be better against mobs because you will be hitting very high and therefore restoring alot of hp. For PvP the best skills you could use is occult ice and absolute domain in case you get ganked.

hope i helped.

just something extra....for tangling mire your genie should have alot of dex and also for occult ice. You could give some points to MAG for the energy restore, I think 25 is okay it gives 1.5 restore a sec which is great.
  • HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear
    HealerOfDead - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I personally am going bramble rage because i hear its one of the best ways to deal with pking bms and barbs. tangling mire is excelent and if im correct they both need dex which is great together
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Parental Advisory: Beware the heal monkey
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Currently i got Holy path (for very long discances/instances/TW) , tangling mire, occult ice and ...something else. I LOVE it.

Absolute domain i have on my cleric, its awesome, but not really needed on sins. IF you get ganked you can always tele away or go stealth.

Vit on a genie is nice when you want fast regen, but you can always make sure you can use some skills 2x in a row, like holy path (150 total energy needed then, less with high regen).

So dex is used by some skills to amplify the output, but that's really imo of a minor concern.

My advice : make a genie that suits you best and is well balanced with the skillset YOU want and depending if you pvp/tw a lot or not.

GL
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    just something extra....for tangling mire your genie should have alot of dex and also for occult ice. You could give some points to MAG for the energy restore, I think 25 is okay it gives 1.5 restore a sec which is great.

I think you mean strength not dex, as tangling mire and occult ice are influenced by the str modifier. Also strength increases the amount of HP recovered with ToP/Second Wind, so it's an all around damn useful stat to level
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As Leif said, STR Genie = WIN Genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Eskiee - Sanctuary
    Eskiee - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Reading a little bit into genies (still don't understand it much!) T__T;

Should I be levelling her the same way as myself? Like, +1str +4dex when she lvls?
    Or should I do something else entirely?
    They are a little confusing imo, at least when you're starting out xD

Their skills scale to their lvl I take it? How often should I train for them?

I know I'm a nub atmb:chuckle
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Genies don't level the same way the players do unfortunately.

Lvl2 might be 2 points...or 1, or 5.
  • Sulvein - Sanctuary
    Sulvein - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I will be doing a bit of pvping but not hardcore pvping. Mostly soloing/Dungeon running ect. I'm going to get 25 magic on my genie. Got a zeal btw if they matter. Then I'll start on vit and str. Any idea how to place it. Alternate 1str 1 vit every 2 levels?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Try to post a quick genie guide or list of tips.

Genies get rewarded a small percentage of whatever exp you get (it doesn't subtract or hurt what experience you get). This way they level with you. You can also feed a genie your experience of spirit, or use genie cubes to level it as long as it isn't in trade mode.

Every 5 levels they get one affinity point. If you right click your genies face, click affinity, and then skills inquiry you can see a list of skills and the number and type of affinities required. This means the skills you want require some planning.

Low level skills require very little spirit to learn and unlearn a skill, higher level skills require more.

Every 10 levels your genie gets a random number of Lucky Points (LP) 1-10. These are extra stats. They also get one stat per level, so a level 41 genie that is 23/40 LP with have 40 regular stats and 23 LP stats for a total of 63. When placing them, anytime you go above 40 stats in one category it uses 2 stats to increase the amount by 1.

A few hints.
    *Whenever I make a character I try to sell off my starter genie and buy a zeal genie. Everyone wants a zeal for earthflame ability which can pull mobs without aggroing others.
    *My favorite build, 40 vit, 40 mag, and either a ton in dex, or a ton in str.
    *Plan your skills out to all benefit from either strength or all to benefit from dex.

K, as for Sin genies. I like Second Wind for early levels because their hp drops so suddenly, Tree of Protection for later levels because its a heal over time, so I unlearn Second wind at about 75. I do it with all my squishies. ToP is actually a dex friendly skill that gets a second heal "tick" once your genie has 60 strength. Dex means more heal every 3 seconds, strength adds a second 3 second tick. I find this is better if my hp is dropping slower from attacking a boss because then I'm being healed over 6 seconds rather than a big heal once.
    Because Sins aren't really "aoe"ers and are more single target you are supposed to get extreme poison, but I didn't like the 4 wood affinity requirement, as well as it being a dex friendly skill so I went with tangling mire (aoe pdef debuff). Also, we have Subsea which doesn't stack with EP but does with TM.
    Absolute Domain is beautiful. Bramble Rage is beautiful and its nice to have a 3rd aoe in your arsenal. There are some others but i think those 5 are best.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory