Any 1 else think ppl on this game have gotten to Greedy!!?

Options
2»

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It is not just this game it is every MMO out there just to get something that you will have for very short time which is pixelated.It isn't human nature as adults wouldn't do this in a game.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWE isnt at fualt all tho if they would quit adding the stupid *** packs all the time it would be better. The players r the once that have ran prices up not PWE. when i started on this game i was on HT server and gold was 25k than went to 250k in 6monthes. DW it was 50-150k when i started on it now its near 1m thats the players doing that not PWE.
    SO yes ppl just want to blame PWE(SCAPEGOAT) for most of the greef that the players r having.

i havent spent a single cent of real money in over a year. so if ppl really wanted to they could play this game with out spendign a single cent.

you dont understand how the economy works at all do you.

currency is subject to the same effects of supply, demand and manipulation as goods are.

if gold was 25k and you could buy 2 packs with it yielding 30 tokens at a minimum, you would have made 275k by buying gold from someone who paid actual money to buy to gold. why wouldnt they do that themselves? cause they want to give you free money so you dont call them greedy?

PWI manipulates the price of gold, they should, its good for business
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWE never changed the price of gold. Only players did. Did PWE ever put a lower limit on the price gold can be sold for in the auction house? NO

Meaning, is it still possible to sell 1 gold for 1 coin? The answer is YES.

Meaning, PWE hasn't done anything to drive up gold prices, only the greed of the players has.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

PWI manipulates the price of gold, they should, its good for business

Manipulating gold and keeping the playerbase somewhat content = good for business

Making half of your playerbase rage quit by gift wrapping endgame gear and pissing off everybody who worked for Nirvana...two months before a new expansion.... = Not good for business
  • jnd1974
    jnd1974 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If all you guys gonna do is complain. And not do anything productive to earn or make coins then just uninstall the game. If ppl didnt want to buy the gold the gold prices wouldnt go up. Since ppl do want the gold and most the HIGHer lvl players 90+ can afford it. Try farming things instead of goofing around sometimes you would be suprised how productive you can be.

I agree, if ppl didn't pay the high prices they would come down. That being said you can also try spending one or 2 days a week farming and earn plenty of gold. Human nature is to raise prices as high as they can get away with, that way they can afford the things THEY want as well. Try farming and undercut the people that have the high prices and prices will drop.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The greediest people are the ones pointing the finger trying to guilt trip us into being their charity. We owe you nothing. =s
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    omg are plp greeyd lately? i had no clue! -sarcasme- and yea we should only blame ourselfs for the high goldprices stop buying the shi.t and voila there goes the price downb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Laissez faire, laissez passer

one of my most enjoyable moments in the game is when i sit near the AH lady with a cup of tea, looking for good deals. ofc merchants dont charge gold so maybe PWI will do something about that.

get your ethics and sins out of my market plox
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hat to blow ur mind

is it the hat that blows your mind, or is a protective device to keep your mind from being blown?
    Manipulating gold and keeping the playerbase somewhat content = good for business

Making half of your playerbase rage quit by gift wrapping endgame gear and pissing off everybody who worked for Nirvana...two months before a new expansion.... = Not good for business

IDK what game you've been playing but PWI has been gift wrapping endgame gear in the cash shop for over a year, and all the people still playing since then are comfortable enough with it to keep playing.
    tweakz wrote: »
    The greediest people are the ones pointing the finger trying to guilt trip us into being their charity. We owe you nothing. =s

pretty much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People where always pretty greedy since PWI is a very competitive game. How ever when gold goes up to 1 mil each, players will of course be more worried about keeping their coins and share less.

Normally i dont mind giving away free items and i would never **** about drops or wine-fees or silly ****. But when im poor in-game and gold prices are rushing over 1 mil each i turn into a really greedy horrible person that counts every single coin. I kinda think its the same for most players.
  • Abbey_NCIS - Dreamweaver
    Abbey_NCIS - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yes ppl have always been some what greedy on PWI but it was mainly over mats or drops.

Who ever, I've also seen this game go from a really social game to a game that all about that person. I've seen 1 or more WC about ppl stealing mats in TT and other runs and thought wait this never use to happen this often.
    use to u could put together a TT squad in about 1min with one WC now it takes around 5 to 10 mins to get any squad based quest going.
  • Foxcreature - Harshlands
    Foxcreature - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    my char is a lvl82 wiz and it take sesames or pots to grind as much as i do that seems to be the only thing i do any more

wtf lvl 25 event pots @82 ...use lvl 75 pots from pwi boutique agent, trade 3 tokens for 50 herb things, they work great i use them on my clericb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]/Fox\-8x-cleric-main
    foxcreature-3x-veno-forum char
    StealthDemon-3x-sin-alt
    NoctusPsy-2x-psy-alt
  • Abbey_NCIS - Dreamweaver
    Abbey_NCIS - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People where always pretty greedy since PWI is a very competitive game. How ever when gold goes up to 1 mil each, players will of course be more worried about keeping their coins and share less.

Normally i dont mind giving away free items and i would never **** about drops or wine-fees or silly ****. But when im poor in-game and gold prices are rushing over 1 mil each i turn into a really greedy horrible person that counts every single coin. I kinda think its the same for most players.
    wtf lvl 25 event pots @82 ...use lvl 75 pots from pwi boutique agent, trade 3 tokens for 50 herb things, they work great i use them on my clericb:bye

the lvl75 food is what i use not the 25
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Human nature is all it is
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only difference is that back in the start paying for pvp was a lot cheaper. While grinding you could pay for a gold charm for 350k in a hour.

However, getting gear was harder since mats were expensive and only archers barbs and clerics were wanted for pve.