Any truth to it?!

Options
WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Is there any truth to the rumor I am trying to start about a new Mob Special Status? "Increased Capacity: is like increased life or increased defense. The mobs are harder to kill, but instead of giving more exp, it doubles that Mob's drops b:dirty b:pleased

If you like the idea, give your support to the thread in the suggestions forum b:thanks
Post edited by WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• tigerstorm74
    tigerstorm74 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I like that idea, as long as they are as random as the others. (So you don't hve 3-4 with "increased drops" at a time, lol
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont know why the DEV's havent invented a 'Double Drops Stone' or something like that...
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    umm, theres already mobs with "increased HP" and "incresed def" along with varios other status buffs in game.
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    umm, theres already mobs with "increased HP" and "incresed def" along with varios other status buffs in game.

awesome, that wasn't the question though.
  • QuickClaw - Lost City
    QuickClaw - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont know why the DEV's havent invented a 'Double Drops Stone' or something like that...

because the game is not deisgned to have mobs dropping 2x the items.. that is just the GM's **** with our ecconomies.
    Frankieraye:
    I'm not too worried about susa really. r9 does not exist in the real world
  • Ao_Ren - Lost City
    Ao_Ren - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hyper drop stones, 45 silver or 8 tokens each, 5 for 24X drop rates, can be paused 100 times.

...Have fun with 12X nirvana drops b:chuckle
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

you clearly missed the bit where he said *Increased Capacity*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Cortimis - Dreamweaver
    Cortimis - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you clearly missed the bit where he said *Increased Capacity*

Did you have a point, or were you just quoted someone? It IS kind of fun....
    Cortimis - 101 Demon Barbarian. 100% legit, no goonzs/no APS

Cortimi - 9X Demon Seeker. Total garbage and I will kill you with it anyways.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

that is where the word "new" comes in. A new status that doubles that mobs drops instead of giving double experience for killing it. Of course, it would need to be harder to kill then regular ones.
    I like that idea, as long as they are as random as the others. (So you don't hve 3-4 with "increased drops" at a time, lol

Exactly. Although with the current ones, you can have several mobs with the same status on the field. For instance, currently I am grinding Cougarant Master at Arms. The field I am hunting them in, there were 2 "Increased Defense" and 2 "Increased Life" mobs within range of where I was standing.

The reason I am grinding on that particular mob is that it has a whooping .008% chance to drop a mold I desperately want. I am grinding for DQ drops to sell for coin more then exp, and I was thinking "wouldn't it be nice if one of these things had a double drop rate, so that I would have a .016% chance to get it?"b:laugh

I used my "any truth to the rumor I am trying to start" line as a joke in world chat and had a few whispers saying "that would actually be pretty cool" So I figured I would present it as a suggestion.

I doubt having an occasional regular mob double its drops would have any more effect on the games economy. After all, .016% is hardly any better then .008% for a mold chance.

In the two+ years I have played this game, I have seen a mold drop off a common mob exactly once. One of the nightscream island mobs dropped a ring something mold. Illustrating my horrid luck in everything in this life, the ENTIRE BLEEDING SERVER crashed before I could actually pick it up.b:angry

Anyway, this is just an idea I had that would give a slightly more interesting twist to mindless grinding.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Did you have a point, or were you just quoted someone? It IS kind of fun....

it was a miss-quote, ment to quote the person above her, now edited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*