Rank 8 for wizzys!

GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Wizard
I hear of all classes rank 8 is most favorable for wizzys, and i am working on a wizzy atm
do u guys recommend it or no?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I simulated my wiz with rank 8 +12 vs my wiz with nirvana g15 +12 (not like ill ever have any +12 item) in pwi calculator and rank has 19k mag atk while g 15 nirvana has 18k mag atk (mag sword). Yeah, g 15 nirvana in pw calc was clean, so with good adds can prob surpass rank 8 sword. But cost wise rank 8 is well worth it. 72 gold vs 400 - 450m in sanctuary. And rank 8 comes with a nice ring and armors. If u have the money, just go rank 8. u d prob spend more money than that to get tt99 arcane top and leggings, and with rank8 u get armors as a bonus - argueably better than tt99 ones.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In PWcalc, I beleive the nirvana G15 swords have been wrongly coded or whatever. Check out ScarletNova or Jiblets G15s and you'll find the attack is higher than if you put a +10 G15 into the calc.

Apparently the base matk is higher than it shows.

Either way, yes.. R8 is well and truely a cheap and amazing investment, since the weapons great matk will help you to farm your new gear in the expansion.

Also GG, I don't know how you can manage a 10x bm, 101 barb and now making a wiz. Do you have other chars? This wiz is my only high level character D:
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    You must farm all 4-500 million coins needed. No CSing is allowed, otherwise you're a damned fool.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    In PWcalc, I beleive the nirvana G15 swords have been wrongly coded or whatever. Check out ScarletNova or Jiblets G15s and you'll find the attack is higher than if you put a +10 G15 into the calc.

Either way, yes.. R8 is well and truely a cheap and amazing investment, since the weapons great matk will help you to farm your new gear in the expansion.

Also GG, I don't know how you can manage a 10x bm, 101 barb and now making a wiz. Do you have other chars? This wiz is my only high level character D:

GG is pro <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LOL ty jelly ur too kind <3 and ty all for ur advice :P

@ shev

Well getting a lvl 101 bm and 101 barb was lot easier for me shev, cause i spend almost 2 years getting barb to 101 with the gear i wanted hehe & as for my bm getting to 100s these days is easy cause of bhs and fccs, also i use my barb armor for him hehe. So no extra costs on armor for me hehe

As for the 200k rep my plan atm is to use all the 1.5k warsong emblems i had saved up for genie gear for rep, also i plan to buy a few rep badges in game this week cause the r being sold for between 7.9 to 8.8k atm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2010

It's not that hard. I have a 102 mage, 100 WF, 100 EP, 82 psy, and another 90 WF coming on 100 on my account.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    R8 for wiz is cheap atm but who knows what the expansion will bring and if a Nirvana upgraded weapon (G16) isn't better (usable by different classes).
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Don't buy your rank, earn it.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I agree with minumus_ I think part of the reason its relatively easy to get rank 8 is because after you cash shop for it, theyll make something better and people will buy that instead.
  • MasterShi - Dreamweaver
    MasterShi - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Don't buy your rank, earn it.

roflmao .
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So I guess the upshot is that if you're already lvl 100, or you're gonna be lvl 100 before the expansion, it doesn't really make sense not to go rank 8. If you're not gonna be lvl 100 before the expansion, wait and see what that brings. Is that pretty much right?
  • Anarkali - Harshlands
    Anarkali - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Get as much rep as you can right now , after teh expansion youl need 1 million rep for the super mega uber OP rank gazillion >.<
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So I guess the upshot is that if you're already lvl 100, or you're gonna be lvl 100 before the expansion, it doesn't really make sense not to go rank 8. If you're not gonna be lvl 100 before the expansion, wait and see what that brings. Is that pretty much right?
    The thing is as long as rep is that cheap rank 8 has a great cost/benefit ratio so it will be still worth it even if you have to change to something else after the expansion. Dont forget that as a wiz you are not really wanted in nirvana runs because even if you are a DD class your DMG output is crappy compared to any phys class and also the psychic deals higher dmg than you. So the alternative to running instances for your gear would be to buy it on the market and here rank 8 is significantly cheaper if you calculate the cost of a nirvana weapon + 1 TT 99 gold chest + 1 Lunar ring because that's what rank 8 gives you. In my opinion rank 8 is even more rewarding for a wiz because rank 9 doesnt have -%chan on the armor

greetz harm0wnie
This discussion has been closed.