First time cash purchase

Phendrana - Heavens Tear
Phendrana - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
I got a card from a friend who purchased with US dollars (I live in Canada, so I usually ask him for them instead of getting them myself- better value). I tried to redeem it on my account, but only ended up getting 1000 zen (from a 20$ card??!) when I should have gotten more.

This works on another game I play, where I can get US cards and get the full 20$ value for the exact same card. No tax was applied for that game, and no extra tax was added when the card was purchased. (It was from wal-greens)
Post edited by Phendrana - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The story may be a little misleading for me as some info were left out. Do you know your friend in person or is this an online favor? (just to clarify..)

Is the card presently with you, or did your friend just give you the code?
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • Sandclaw - Dreamweaver
    Sandclaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The story may be a little misleading for me as some info were left out. Do you know your friend in person or is this an online favor? (just to clarify..)

Is the card presently with you, or did your friend just give you the code?

I agree with the above. If he just gave you the code, or it's an online favor, there's always the chance that it might have just been a $10 card.
    I cannot into Lithuania.
  • Phendrana - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Considering I've been dating this person in real life for 3 years (/irreverent info :P) , I doubt he'd lie about the amount. I realize I should have expanded on my previous though.

This is how I usually get points for games, using other ones I play as a example

How I usually do it-

Friend in US buys me a card and gives me the code
    I log on to Trickster/DDO site and go to recharge.
    Choose the 20$ US card option
    Get my 20k points.

On this game, it immediately converted the cash to Canadian funds, and would not let me redeem it for the full 20$ value. Looking in the other topic about taxes.. I had asked if it had extra charged on the store receipt, and was it bought from a gamestop. The answer was no. Then I sent off an email to the paybycash site to inquire about what happened, and at first they said that I would have to redeem another card to get the remaining money from this one. I responded asking that if things had been changed to include tax, why was it only this game that it applied to. As I've never been made to pay extra when using Ultimate Game Cards to pay on either Trickster Online or DDO, if this tax was added only for certain games, why was there nothing on the main site saying that this was going to be changed.

My last (previously purchased card) was only in October or so, so it was pretty recent. That card got the full 20$ point value with no mention of tax.
  • Maisha - Dreamweaver
    Maisha - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I am not familiar with how UGC works, but there was an old post regarding it, you can read up about it but if anything, just send in a ticket as the GMs from that post had suggested to do so. Hope you get an answer to it soon

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95572
    I quit PW and all its games it had to cater to me. I'm off playing a better pay-to-play game where I experience no glitches, no spamming LF squads, lose stuff in PK mode, lose exp on death or anything for cheaper price than what I paid for here. However, I'll still be lurking around pwi forums from time to time. Quit Date: March 4, 2011 RIP my beloved characters. b:bye
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I would advise to contact Ultimate Game Card directly in regards to this issue and ask them why a card purchased and activated in the United States would be charged as if it were CAD.

EDIT: our logs do show that you were charged in USD, not CAD. We also show a second purchase via UGC at $10 as well with 1000 ZEN waiting for transfer to the server of choice.

http://ultimategamecard.playspan.com/content/contact-us

They may be able to assist you further with this issue and possibly shed some more light on the subject.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Phendrana - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    I've contacted the paybycash site and they manually credited my account with the remaining amount. From now on though, I think I'll stick to game specific cards.. even though the only ones I have found are the 10$ ones around here.