Unplayable soon

Options
mogwai
mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Support Desk
My home pc meets or exceeds PWI's minimum system requirements.

My pc's C is 60% free, D is 80% free.

I perform my own pc maintenance weekly, during your maintenance.

I have been running game at lowest settings since ~December 08.

Your game has not been getting the attention it needs and is continuing to "break", not only with small issues but large ones as well.

Old issues never getting fixed and new ones arriving every few patches.

Some of us know that the solution(s) to these issues are known.

I want to play PWI however a hypothesis as to when it will no longer be playable without top end equipment ... 6 to 8 months from now.
mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mogwai on

Comments

• NaaMachine - Lost City
    NaaMachine - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I run max settings on my 5 year old laptop:

Core2 Duo T7200 (2.0 GHz)
    3GBs of DDR2 SODIMM RAM
    nVidia GeForce 7600 GO with 256MB DDR2 (350MHz GPU, 350MHz VRAM)
    Two monitors @ 1280x1024 and 1680x1050
    160 GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD with 8% free
    Running Windows Vista Ultimate x64

With no difficulties. (well except known glitches. ex. hill glitch)
    This is not top equipment... not even close, and wasn't when it came out.

Makes me wonder... What are you running? And how good is your maintenance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Aggro
    Should be required reading.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    except some bugs/gliches i only hate that during 7-12 pm for me +2GMT i have constant lag spikes from 400ms to 8k or even more and that is not becouse of my connection i already tested that
  • NaaMachine - Lost City
    NaaMachine - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    except some bugs/gliches i only hate that during 7-12 pm for me +2GMT i have constant lag spikes from 400ms to 8k or even more and that is not becouse of my connection i already tested that

Well considering where you are... Thats not a big surprise. I live in same zone as my server (and yours), and of course get almost no lag.

However I do get lag when I play PW-MY as expected (Pacific Ocean between me and the server). And their servers are a lot less crowded (in fact you might wonder what holiday it is if you see more than 15 - 25 people in Ancient Dragon City (Archosaur)).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Aggro
    Should be required reading.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    mogwai wrote: »
    My home pc meets or exceeds PWI's minimum system requirements.

My pc's C is 60% free, D is 80% free.

I perform my own pc maintenance weekly, during your maintenance.

I have been running game at lowest settings since ~December 08.

Your game has not been getting the attention it needs and is continuing to "break", not only with small issues but large ones as well.

Old issues never getting fixed and new ones arriving every few patches.

Some of us know that the solution(s) to these issues are known.

I want to play PWI however a hypothesis as to when it will no longer be playable without top end equipment ... 6 to 8 months from now.
    I'm confused, what has a lot of hard drive free space have to do with playing PWI?
  • Ao_Ren - Lost City
    Ao_Ren - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm confused, what has a lot of hard drive free space have to do with playing PWI?

Well clearly the more hard drive space free the more uuh... Better... Uum.... Uuuh.... Computer... Things... That.... You... Can... I give up, give me a tiny novelty flag to wave. b:surrender

I run perfect world max graphics on a medium-range comp at home and run just fine, considering I live in AUSTRALIA (Google maps if you need to people...) I get good ping to the servers compared to what I hear people complain about, even when my net is capped my worst ping is maybe 1K...

Oh and just to add to the unrelated yet apparently crucial pc specs, my comp has about 1G of 500~ left, I do a **** load of fraps recording and editing...

I'm currently overseas too and play on possibly the worlds worst LAPTOP and still manage to get 10+ fps in arch on min graphics, max I still get like 3 fps...

Again to add to the really pointless statistics, the laptop is 45G~ outta 50~, yeah, 1/10th the space of my desktop....
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

A computer with very little hard drive space will often run very slowly. In any case, the issue is not with your computer, it's with the buggy client. Rubberbanding and the like is the result of unfinished programming and will happen no matter how good your computer is.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • mogwai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why was this moved?, i was NOT asking for help.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    A Mod or Admin usually scan posts pretty quick, and if a few keywords they read seemed like it was going to be a TS issue, they moved it.

Thanks for your post by the way.

One pattern I am noticing is because PWI is a single core game, some newer CPUs, the way they handle "older" single core applications isn't always the best, or they do some types of emulation process which can slow the game down.

The older PWE games on the first version of the Angelica engine may have some more hiccups in the future if they aren't multi-threaded for multiple CPU cores. So it isn't that the game is getting to be too super tech heavy on features, it is that technology for single core stuff is being left behind by CPU manufacturers and the older engine isn't optimized for multiple cores. AMD CPUs have this issue more then Intel on the players I help.

The Terrain setting in game has been making some noise, where if people turn it all the way off, the framerate jumps back up to normal, this is even on awesome systems. It may not look as pretty, but it works for many players.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    Nyprein - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Yeah, we were discussing this on PCH and it's all about the optimization. You either need a period top-end system or something brand new that can just bull its way through the game.
    HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr 15.6-inch | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7 64 Bit | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So based on what you're saying darth, if I limit PWI to a single core, I should get better performance? (I would do this by setting processor affinity on elementclient.exe)

That would essentially force the client to only use one processor core and will eliminate the multi-threading issue.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I'm going to try to limit to a single core tonight, if I can get my cord back >.>

When I do I'll post framerate improvements, if there are any.
    HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr 15.6-inch | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7 64 Bit | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I set the affinity to just one core and haven't noticed a change in FPS so far.
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Finally got my power cord back, I'll edit this post when I can figure out AMD OverDrive smart profiles.

Couldn't figure out the profiles, so I just used the affinity menu in the task manager. In the starting area for humans, went from 17 with both cores allowed to 39 with just core0 allowed. Those are just what I saw going on and jumping a little, but they remained around there. The sky did cause a notable framerate drop, I may mention.
  • mogwai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i do not proclaim to be an expert, however in reading a similar thread in another game i am understanding that limiting to one core does NOT solve this issue.