edited December 2010 in Venomancer
what make for fox str dex vit mag? i need know it and not even try it use fox
Post edited by boentibe on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    errmm ok , let's start

1) Fox Form is a vital part in every veno's life , Fox Form has 2 skills , Purge and Amplify Damage , that need to be lvled and maxed , those two skills are a great help for every squad

2) Fox Form can be used with every kind of build ( = combination of STR VIT DEX & MAG ).
    Some build are made out to work exactly for Fox Form , while other can use it's benefits but are better suited to Human form.

3) More information here : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4261 <---- general information on venomancer skills ( Human and Fox) and

here : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=198681 <---- information about heavy armor build ( ideal build for foxform) ,

4) heavy build for Fox Form is considered as endgame build , most venos start as arcane (robes) and later restat to heavy at lvl 90+ once they have all their necessary gear .

5) Light armor , althought inferior to Arcane and heavy ( at least at endgame unless u invest a lot of time and effort) is a build that can utilise both types of skills , human and Fox).

hope i helped and be sure u read the sticky threads b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    How exactly is Light Armor inferior to Heavy Armor?

Heavy armor - Can't use level appropriate weapon, super low vit, really really high PDef, you can't use same level arcane gear. Only useful if you whack things with a hammer.

Light armor - can use level appropriate weapon, you can have some vit, decent PDef, can use same level arcane gear, plus you get a higher crit rate. Low damage... You can tank magic or physical in squad, and you can use bows.

Arcane armor - Two build here, pure mage, no vit, super squishy, no pdef even in fox form, but you can tank magic damage somewhat. Or you can dump some into vit, and wind up being a Light Armor build without the PDef, crit rate, but you have crappy damage and a little HP.

I still have no idea why everyone considers LA fail for venos? b:shutup
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Heavy armor - Can't use level appropriate weapon, super low vit, really really high PDef, you can't use same level arcane gear. Only useful if you whack things with a hammer.

Vit, really isnt needed... last stat a veno should worry about.

Sometimes, HA venos will be behind on weps, or armor (not arcane, but heavy set)

Even if an LA veno adds in more than 7 base vit... they too will be behind on stats.

This is why we have ornaments that make up for that loss.

I didn't add in refines, but this is my current armor lay out
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d1b0399401c9bf1c, i was able to use TT90 HA and TT90 WoDF at 90.

and yes, if i had lunar armor, i could use part of it at 95. http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fe7da8de54438bff

and now i can use a NP, even though i dont have one... nor want one... http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=adb41cab3380d1e4

And no HA venos dont wack things with a hammer, most of us of up to date magic weps just like every other veno.

Also... about LA... i dont consider it fail. I had fun being LA from lvl 60-89. It was my test drive for going heavy/arcane. And its really easy to build a HA/AA build from an LA build.
    >.<
    edited December 2010
    Interesting. I don't know what I did differently, but my 81 LA veno has a larger mana pool and more HP. I also can equip gear without ornaments/armor/weapon. I can be 'naked' and everything will go on. I also have the same PDef in Fox Form as you do in human form... Unbuffed.

But then, I don't see refines, shards, bonuses, etc. on that, so that would account for a lot.

I will probably restat to HA later. I'm going Sage/FF build, so HA is a logical step. ;D
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    LA, with build 1-1-3, str and dex each equalling lvl+4 , can always euip both armor and weapon of their lvl.

LA is not a fail. I've played LA till my mid 80's on MS (and would continue, if they didn't close it), and I'm planing to do so here as well. LA gets more survivability and defs than AA, and if you upgrade your armor and stone it with citrines, you get more of both defs and HP than simmilary upgraded AA with p-def stones.
    LA being inferior to HA/AA hybrid means just that the hybrid is even better ;) but it's just an endgame setting, best used 90+, or even 100+, and getting the stuff may be quite expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
    edited December 2010
    How exactly is Light Armor inferior to Heavy Armor?

Light armor - can use level appropriate weapon, you can have some vit, decent PDef, can use same level arcane gear, plus you get a higher crit rate. Low damage... You can tank magic or physical in squad, and you can use bows.

Arcane armor - Two build here, pure mage, no vit, super squishy, no pdef even in fox form, but you can tank magic damage somewhat. Or you can dump some into vit, and wind up being a Light Armor build without the PDef, crit rate, but you have crappy damage and a little HP.

I still have no idea why everyone considers LA fail for venos? b:shutup

Did u read my post , i suppose u didnt ........ i said LA is inferior to the other types of armor at endgame , but it wont be if u invest in a good set refine it and shard it properly.

At midgame light armor can be pretty decent choice.

pls read more carefully before u accuse people

Also , Arcane armor has crappy dmg ???? ill get this as a joke , Arcane isnt squishy if u play right , and adding vit doesnt make u a light armor build , ( cause light armor needs 5 vit as the 3 mag 1 str 1 dex is only combination that doesnt gimmicks u completely ). Also veno gets 12 HP for each vit point , truly little Hp right ??

as for ur statements about heavy armor , pls do a research before posting

I dont wish to turn this into Flame war , ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited December 2010
    Did u read my post , i suppose u didnt ........ i said LA is inferior to the other types of armor at endgame , but it wont be if u invest in a good set refine it and shard it properly.

At midgame light armor can be pretty decent choice.

pls read more carefully before u accuse people

Also , Arcane armor has crappy dmg ???? ill get this as a joke , Arcane isnt squishy if u play right , and adding vit doesnt make u a light armor build , ( cause light armor needs 5 vit as the 3 mag 1 str 1 dex is only combination that doesnt gimmicks u completely ). Also veno gets 12 HP for each vit point , truly little Hp right ??

as for ur statements about heavy armor , pls do a research before posting

I dont wish to turn this into Flame war , ty

b:shocked You accuse me of not reading, then do exactly the same yourself?

I didn't accuse you of anything, I was simply ranting at the fact that lots of people consider LA fail for venos, where I find it quite the opposite.

There are two arcane builds. Pure magic no vit, or high vit, low magic.

A pure magic build means you have 5 vit. You wind up having 1900 HP or so at level 80 before gear, and if you don't go with refined armor, you aren't going to have much more than that. Seeing how that build has very little PDef, you WILL get oneshot by physical AOE in TT, forget BB.

The other build is minimum magic for your weapon requirement, and the rest into vit. This means you do the same damage as a LA build, without the boost in crit rate, which overall means you do less damage. You'll end up with 5k+ HP by level 80 before gear, and the AOE that would easily kill the pure mage build will probably knock 80-90% of your HP off you, but you'll survive longer.

Obviously you can go in the middle... But there's not really a lot of point to it. The complete lack of PDef unless you spend a LOT of coins on garnets or only buy 3 star purple gear with physical resistance bonus means you are still squishy. Multiaggro will be the end of you if they are ranged physical mobs (archer mobs), who cares about how much HP you have.

I've played all 3 so far... I quit for a year because I was tired of how squishy the pure mage arcane build was and I got frustrated at spam dieing by archer mobs. LA builds can tank the damage for a lot longer, long enough to either kill the mob, or get pet on the mob to tank it.

Don't tell me to 'do research before posting'. If i were to restat RIGHT NOW, I woudln't have enough points to equip my current weapon, and heavy armor at the same time. End of story. I don't know why it worked out that way, but it does. I'm still 'midgame', though. That was my point, and no amount of 'research' on the allmight 'interwebs' will change that.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited December 2010

I didn't accuse you of anything, I was simply ranting at the fact that lots of people consider LA fail for venos, where I find it quite the opposite.

A pure magic build means you have 5 vit. You wind up having 1900 HP or so at level 80 before gear, and if you don't go with refined armor, you aren't going to have much more than that. Seeing how that build has very little PDef, you WILL get oneshot by physical AOE in TT, forget BB.

The other build is minimum magic for your weapon requirement, and the rest into vit. This means you do the same damage as a LA build, without the boost in crit rate, which overall means you do less damage. You'll end up with 5k+ HP by level 80 before gear, and the AOE that would easily kill the pure mage build will probably knock 80-90% of your HP off you, but you'll survive longer.

Obviously you can go in the middle... But there's not really a lot of point to it. The complete lack of PDef unless you spend a LOT of coins on garnets or only buy 3 star purple gear with physical resistance bonus means you are still squishy. Multiaggro will be the end of you if they are ranged physical mobs (archer mobs), who cares about how much HP you have.

I've played all 3 so far... I quit for a year because I was tired of how squishy the pure mage arcane build was and I got frustrated at spam dieing by archer mobs. LA builds can tank the damage for a lot longer, long enough to either kill the mob, or get pet on the mob to tank it.

Don't tell me to 'do research before posting'. If i were to restat RIGHT NOW, I woudln't have enough points to equip my current weapon, and heavy armor at the same time. End of story. I don't know why it worked out that way, but it does. I'm still 'midgame', though. That was my point, and no amount of 'research' on the allmight 'interwebs' will change that.

while i do understand the rest of the post , i disagreee with the bold statement. first of all , any decent armor at lvl 80 will give HP def and other stats , u cant be lvl 80 with NPC armor ( as common logic would suggest , not that u implied that , jsut saying). and even not refined , legendary and TT armor or 3* can be decent to help u not being 1 shotted even without refines,.

Also vit build isnt all to str and mag for gear rest to vit , but a small bunch of points to vit just only to increase ur HP a bit , venos with 100+ HP is what i personally call Full Vitality Build , which is a bit extreme imo , as that HP can be replaced by shards and +2 - +3 refines ( which are easy to aquire , without the need of D. Orbs).

The big problem nowdays isnt which build or form is the best to use ( which i think both are good) , but if veno and other classes like wizzies for example will continue to remain active , with all this -interval DD classes craze and the upcoming Earthguard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver
    _Hysteria_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2010

how did you get to lvl 81 when you talk so fail and noobish, pure arcane pdef isnt nearly as bad as you say, its called get arcane gear thats not npc, get pdef ornaments, and go in fox form when u need the extra pdef, pdef ornaments + fox form kept me pure arcane veno from ever being 1 shot in tt, if it happened to you your just fail, maybe u should uninstall the game, kthxbye
    Marshal of the Lvl 3 Faction SubZero on DW server, pm me in game!!!b:victory
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Where do you come up with this nonsense? Pure mag is an excellent build.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    A pure magic build means you have 5 vit. You wind up having 1900 HP or so at level 80 before gear, and if you don't go with refined armor, you aren't going to have much more than that. Seeing how that build has very little PDef, you WILL get oneshot by physical AOE in TT, forget BB..
    b:chuckle untrue
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »

Yup , one of the times i finally got to agree with u , pure build is powerful , ( i dont follow it on my veno , but i do recognise it's advantages)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Interesting. I don't know what I did differently, but my 81 LA veno has a larger mana pool and more HP. I also can equip gear without ornaments/armor/weapon. I can be 'naked' and everything will go on. I also have the same PDef in Fox Form as you do in human form... Unbuffed.

But then, I don't see refines, shards, bonuses, etc. on that, so that would account for a lot.

I will probably restat to HA later. I'm going Sage/FF build, so HA is a logical step. ;D

Sorry im so late replying.... but....

Yea, i already said in the post that i didnt add in all the refines, but my wep is +5, TT90 top/pants are +3 and 2 socketed :(. event helmet is +3 and 4 socketed. TT90 boots are +4 and 4 socketed also lvl 77 mold sleeves are 4 socketed and +3, and my cape is +3 and 3 socketed. Most of my shards are g7 with some g8. my hp is 5.1k... personally thats low to me, but i dont have the patience to refine higher atm, so ill wait till TT99 set to do that. Pw calc was a little off on stats. I have exactly 6k p def unbuffed in human. 11.3k unbuffed in fox. and 16.7k fully buffed in foxform... 17k+ if its lvl 11 buffs. ive never been buffed with demon bell and sage vanguard at the same time... but id imagine it would be around 23k p def. Also, about mana pool you probably wont notice that much of a difference from LA to HA.... but you would from pure AA to HA.
    >.<
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    My build atm (all refines and stats on gear are accurate) http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=200dfc83168750a4.

the low vit is in no way a problem becouse you get a ton of hp from refines on HA.
    i'm currently working on making both belt and necklece Mdef (cube & tt99)

And as a secondary set i have tt90 AA and rank 6 chest, witch works great in pvp against Casters.

The Mellee damage in foxform is realy nice and the Magic damage is not that bad, only about 10% less of wat i was doing with full vit AA build.

Imo trading 10% Casting damage for a lot more Mellee damage+ a ton of Pdef while my hp stayed pretty much the same is realy nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    tweakz wrote: »

I agree with you on this part b:victory

To bad my playstyle (try your best shot mentality) doesn't go well with pure mag xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Doqui - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    for LA end game build i'm thinking this would be pretty good

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6cf60bc18a53fb48

Only downside is, you gotta learn to weapon switch to go fox, purge&amp, switch to human, Lucky+Ironwood, switch weapon and pwn like a BM b:laugh

4aps is a veno's max unless you use genie skills but 4aps +1aps from a nix =5aps without genie skill (Imo the genie would be of more use if you give it stun& silence skills)

a veno with a lot of aps can be more deadly then any class.

(anyone here want to borrow me there credit card?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2010

(anyone here want to borrow me there credit card?)

that phrase makes no sense at all

either "anyone here want to lend me their credit card"
    or "anyone here want to let me borrow their credit card"

asking someone to "borrow you" something that belongs to them is gibberish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    edited December 2010
    that phrase makes no sense at all

either "anyone here want to lend me their credit card"
    or "anyone here want to let me borrow their credit card"

asking someone to "borrow you" something that belongs to them is gibberish.

ZOMG i ish soooooooo sowwy, i did not realise there's a grammer police on this forum b:surrender

(you must be in need of a higher post count)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=62a195354c887e40

^Thats my current build^

Fox form has worked very well for me, I started out with LA but restated at lvl 74. With some tactical use of crab meat(read: spam spam spam it) Im able to solo pretty much the same bosses as my fellow herc Venos, only a lil bit faster. The magic weapons got low stamina however, and need to be repaired kinda often. Ended up breaking my weapon on just one FC run followed up by a BH Eden.

My future build(based on items I already have, and are currently working on)

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=ed2d4447e0fa6651

Being a fox Veno is alot of fun, and from my experience people wont expect you to be one, and definatly not being hard hitting. I can use magic to get a ranged attack, and if I against all odds decide to go for a TW faction or PK. HA might be a PvP build(alot claims it to be as I see it), but works awesomely in PvE too.

Edit: fixed typo on gear stats
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94